Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Announced at Bethesda's E3 Presser

ffronw

I am a meat popsicle
Oct 24, 2013
Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus Announced at Bethesda's E3 Presser

BJ Blazkowicz is back, and he's taking the fight to the Nazis occupying 1961 America in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.

Those of you who were paying attention to E3 last year might remember that Bethesda kicked off its press conference with a video that contained a brief tease [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/167694-Wolfenstein-The-New-Colossus-Teased-Early-in-Bethesdas-E3-Presser] for something called "New Colossus." One year later, that tease has blossomed into a new game: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus.

It's 1961, and BJ Blazkowicz is still recovering from the mission to take out General Deathshead at the end of The New Order. Now he's organizing a resistance movement to take back America from the occupying Nazis. There are plenty of new weapons to use, including the Dieselkraftwerk, which launches gas-powered grenades, and there's also a new hatchet for when you need to do your Nazi killing a little more quietly.

As in the previous games in the series, you'll be able to sneak around and dispatch Nazis sneakily, or dual-wield every weapon when you want to go loud.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus is launching on PC, PS4, and Xbox One on October 27. It's sporting the usual $59.99 sticker price. For $99.99, you can grab the Collector's Edition that includes a 12-inch tall BJ Blazkowicz figure in a 1960s-style box with six weapons and a hatchet, a metal case for the game, and a 9" x 14" Blitzmensch poster. You can find more info over on the game's official site [https://wolfenstein.bethesda.net/]/

[gallery=7500]

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
well i have no idea how BJ survived a nuke but im looking forward to more adventures.. although i do develop a weird inglorious bastards "i want to kill me some nazi's" accent while i play

moosemaimer

Apr 14, 2011
The helicopter must have picked him up before the nuke went off, but it definitely looks like they put him in one of those powered suits, likely to compensate for his injuries.

Look at the arms:

Jacked Assassin

Nothing On TV
Jun 4, 2010
The only thing that stood out to me was the Cat Headed Monkey.
That and for some odd reason Toon Town is probably invaded by Nazis.

Wrex Brogan

Jan 28, 2016
Well, I'm excited. New Order was great fun and this seems to be more of the same great story-telling with some fun new guns to play with.

pookie101 said:
well i have no idea how BJ survived a nuke but im looking forward to more adventures.. although i do develop a weird inglorious bastards "i want to kill me some nazi's" accent while i play
To be fair, he was nuked in a cutscene, and given the amount of punishment he walks off in cutscenes I imagine he's got some form of limited invulnerability when nobody is in control of him...

I mean, shit, the only time a knife wound seemed to slow him down was when Bubi jumps you right at the end of the game, and you're in control of that part. A nuclear missile during a fade-to-black cutscene? It's surprising that even put him out of commission for so long.

pookie101

Jul 5, 2015
Jacked Assassin said:
The only thing that stood out to me was the Cat Headed Monkey.
That and for some odd reason Toon Town is probably invaded by Nazis.
now thats a game i want to see.. a resistance movement of toons fighting the nazi's

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
moosemaimer said:
The helicopter must have picked him up before the nuke went off, but it definitely looks like they put him in one of those powered suits, likely to compensate for his injuries.

Look at the arms:

The hell? He gives that armor to Caroline so she can walk again, but now it's on BJ?
I mean, I know Deathshead's grenade tore up BJ pretty bad, but Caroline still needed that armor.
Unless...

They still had Set Roth with them, right? And they retreated to that hijacked sub. It's a stretch, but maybe Roth made a second suit for BJ? Or they found another Da'at Yichud vault with one in it...

Too many possibilities, and none of them really make much sense. Damn, would have been better if BJ died. Then we could have switched over to playing as Caroline and Anya. You remember that diary Anya read from starting with the Catacombs level, right? Anya's not going to take Nazi shit either. Have her levels be stealth-focused, while Caroline's levels focused on smashing stuff with that Da'at Yichud power armor.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
American Tanker said:
moosemaimer said:

Look at the arms:

The hell? He gives that armor to Caroline so she can walk again, but now it's on BJ?
I mean, I know Deathshead's grenade tore up BJ pretty bad, but Caroline still needed that armor.
Unless...

They still had Set Roth with them, right? And they retreated to that hijacked sub. It's a stretch, but maybe Roth made a second suit for BJ? Or they found another Da'at Yichud vault with one in it...

Too many possibilities, and none of them really make much sense. Damn, would have been better if BJ died. Then we could have switched over to playing as Caroline and Anya. You remember that diary Anya read from starting with the Catacombs level, right? Anya's not going to take Nazi shit either. Have her levels be stealth-focused, while Caroline's levels focused on smashing stuff with that Da'at Yichud power armor.
Maybe Caroline dies and the suit goes back to BJ?

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
American Tanker said:
moosemaimer said:

Look at the arms:

Unless...

The two armors look sort of different. This new one looks like it has a much darker color scheme. I suppose they found another one or imitated the one they found in the last game.