Wolfenstein: The New Order Requires 50GB HD Space, Core i7 CPU - Update

Robert Marrs

Mar 26, 2013
DoctorM said:
Are they even saying there is an AMD chip that can run it? An 8-core FX should be in the same ballpark but I haven't heard it mentioned.
Any AMD 8 core should be fine. I would say probably even a 6 core could cut it. Keep in mind lately developers have been artificially fluffing these "requirements" just to give the illusions that they are next gen titles. The 6gb ram requirement for COD Ghosts was quickly found to be unnecessary and was removed by modders.

Flunk

Feb 17, 2008
major_chaos said:
I have an HD7950 for my GPU and 8GB of RAM yet a lot of games wont run maxed out, so I kinda doubt the power of the i5. off the top of my head Borderlands 2, Farcry 3, The Witcher 2, and Titanfall have all needed a few things turned down from max to get a steady 60FPS.
I think you might have a configuration issue if you're talking about 1080p or lower. Up until a few months ago a had a Radeon 7950 (2x 280x now) and I've run all those games maxed out at 1080p. I've got a i5 2500k @ 4.4Ghz and 16GB of RAM backing it up. Borderlands 2 even runs great on my laptop which only has a Geforce 650M (which is hugely less powerful) and I just need to turn down a few settings to get a solid 60fps.

Frankly i5 vs i7 is mostly marketing. A lot of i7 chips are slower than a bunch of i5 chips. Unless you're comparing exact lines it gets really muddy. Is a i7 4770 faster than a i5 4650? definitely. Is an i7 4500U faster than a i5 4650? Not by a long shot, it's less than half as powerful.