Wolfenstein: The New Order Review - I Know What I Reich

chiefohara

Sep 4, 2009
I'll wait for it to come down in price or maybe save it for when i pick up a PS4.

I am however downloading return to castle wolfenstein on my steam account as we speak because the review hit the nostalgia in me big time

Kyrdra

May 19, 2013
BloodRed Pixel said:
I want the SOUNDTRACK tunes of that game!!!!

Ich sitz im Zug nach Hamburg....lalalalala
ask and you shall receive:

https://soundcloud.com/neumondrecordings/

FinalDream

[Insert Witty Remark Here]
Apr 6, 2010
I hated the opening levels, it was everything I despise in modern shooters, linear, turrets, forced story emotion. However once the game opened up into the sixties the fun really began, I'm glad I decided to take the risk!

Cpt. Slow

Great news everybody!
Dec 9, 2012
This game is riddled with bugs. I saw bullets hanging mid-air. And the FPS... it's like Skyrim all over again. Do game companies actually test their own games these days? It would be amazing if someday a game that has been build in the last few years, actually would work.

I understand that with the economy being in the gutter for the last few years, development has slowly been halted. But come on, game developers, please test your game. In the good ol' days they used to make demo's. Which in turn created feedback on the game and they actually did something with that. Now it's more like a film and you have to wait until you see what you get and when you already paid for your 'ticket'.

Here is a list [http://www.pcgamer.com/uk/2014/05/20/wolfenstein-the-new-order-technical-issues-the-problems-detailed-plus-a-few-fixes/] of problems with the game.
Maybe it's time to stop playing games, because this industry is far from healthy.

My apology for this rant, but I paid for this game. And I am already slightly traumatised by the whole Battlefield 4 experience.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
So how long does the game typically last? Been psyched to get this game since it got announced but I'm not sure if it'll be worth the asking price if it's only 6 hours or so...

josemlopes

Jun 9, 2008
Baron von Blitztank said:
So how long does the game typically last? Been psyched to get this game since it got announced but I'm not sure if it'll be worth the asking price if it's only 6 hours or so...
I think its around 16 hours with two different timelines (the first level has a choice that changes the rest of the game, how much I dont really know yet)

Matt K

Sep 18, 2010
Cpt. Slow said:
This game is riddled with bugs. I saw bullets hanging mid-air. And the FPS... it's like Skyrim all over again. Do game companies actually test their own games these days? It would be amazing if someday a game that has been build in the last few years, actually would work.
Well both are Bethesda games so probably not.

Baron von Blitztank

May 7, 2010
josemlopes said:
Baron von Blitztank said:
I think its around 16 hours with two different timelines (the first level has a choice that changes the rest of the game, how much I dont really know yet)
16 hours huh? Ok, now I'm sold!

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I would really like to replay the 2009 Wolfenstein on the PC but it seems to no longer be on any digital store and retail disc copies are still their original full price.

Anyway, I'm liking the look of this one so far and will snap up the chance when I can.

teamcharlie

Jan 22, 2013
All I can really add to Jim's solid review is to underline: this game is about killing Nazis.

It's not about alternate timelines, or lasers, or robots, or any of that. It's about a big, blond white guy in his 40s shooting and stabbing and exploding Nazis. The writing is well executed, the gameplay is solid, but it is at heart just the most recent video game version of a WWII movie.

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
Got this the other day, only had the time to start playing today: freaking loving it at the moment!

The weapon physics are superb (STG46/60 is my best friend), the universe's atmosphere oozes (in a good way), the Nazi designs are an exercise in jaw-dropping coolness and the Kampfhund models are some of the most adorable things I've ever seen.

I mean, just look at this poochie!

http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140518213833/wolfenstein/images/1/1f/Kampfhund_1960.jpg

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
I would be playing this right now but dam, that download is huge. Still waiting on it now...

PoolCleaningRobot

Mar 18, 2012
My friend who's into super natural Nazi stuff was live streaming this on Twitch the day it came out. It looked like a lot of mindless fun. I will certainly be getting it at some point

Clovus said:
Jimothy Sterling said:
... the cutscene compression is noticeable
This is one of my biggest pet peeves. Shouldn't this be avoidable on a Blu-Ray? It just seems completely insane when the in-game graphics are actually better than the cutscene graphics. If that's going to be the case, why even bother using pre-rendered cutscenes? Maybe the PC version won't have this problem since you don't have to include the entire game on a single disk, or any disk at all.
Get ready for one hell of a download. The game is like 47GB on pc. Granted, that's still no excuse because single layered blue ray disks are 50GB but maybe it was too close to the limit