Wolfenstein: The New Order Rocks "House of the Rising Sun" Launch Trailer

hazabaza1

Want Skyrim. Want. Do want.
Nov 26, 2008
JarinArenos said:
hazabaza1 said:
Certainly looks about a billion times better than the 2009 game. I just hope that the PC version has an option for gun size, because holy balls those guns are massive.
I suspect the "dual-LMG" clips are the character piloting one of those mechsuit things he's fighting.
Could be.
Even so, they're taking up like 45% of the screen. That's ridiculous no matter the situation.

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
What the heck, they even blocked the effing trailer in Germany.

And I was excited about this game until they said that they don't give a fuck about German players and region lock the game (which they actually don't have to afaik, they just can't sell it here)

And now the trailer too, ffs

Ihateregistering1

Mar 30, 2011
Man, Blazkowicz is in really good shape for a guy who's been sitting in a loony bin with head trauma for 14 years. They must have an outstanding gym.

Anyway, I think it looks great, and I love me some Nazi super-science. I'll probably wait for a Steam sale, but I'll see what the reviews have to say.

Riff Moonraker

Mar 18, 2010
Dammit. Ok, I am putting a reminder in my phone to go by Gamestop when I get off work today, and preorder this glorious looking bastard. I'm sold.

Haakmed

Oct 29, 2010
How can a game with dual wielding sniper rifles AND a German version of House of the Rising Sun possibly go wrong? I think this is a "Shut up and take my money!" moment!

N3squ1ck

Mar 7, 2012
Charcharo said:
N3squ1ck said:

And I was excited about this game until they said that they don't give a fuck about German players and region lock the game (which they actually don't have to afaik, they just can't sell it here)

They WANT to sell it in Germany.
After US, Germany is the biggest single market in the world.
Besides, Wolfenstein will be sold in Germany. But all nazi stuff will be changed/removed. You wont fight the 3rd Reich. Just the Wolves/some random empire stuff :p. Otherwise same game.
I know that, but I would like to play how it was intended to be. I don't like that the government thinks it can dictate what adults play and I don't like that the industry just rolls with it, without questioning it or anything

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
Charcharo said:
N3squ1ck said:

Besides, Wolfenstein will be sold in Germany. But all nazi stuff will be changed/removed. You wont fight the 3rd Reich. Just the Wolves/some random empire stuff :p. Otherwise same game.
thing is that publishers are too chicken. strictly legally speaking publishing a game with swastikas and nazi theme would be no problem nowadays. but devs and publishers are terrified of the bad press and such.

pro tip for all people within germany who want to play the game the way it was intended: keystores. not only do they offer the game for cheaper, you'll also get the uncensored version.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
Charcharo said:
Kathinka said:
Charcharo said:
N3squ1ck said:

thing is that publishers are too chicken. strictly legally speaking publishing a game with swastikas and nazi theme would be no problem nowadays. but devs and publishers are terrified of the bad press and such.

pro tip for all people within germany who want to play the game the way it was intended: keystores. not only do they offer the game for cheaper, you'll also get the uncensored version.
You are actually VERY wrong here. It WILL be a problem. Not sure whether it will be a big problem and whether it will have a negative effect on the game, but I know for a fact that it is.
Just last year World of Tanks had to deny one of their awards- The Boelter (incredible tanker, Wehrmacht, no war crimes) medal. Reason is that the German goverment asked WarGaming to delete his name from the game... even though he was Wehrmacht.
One year before that, they wanted the ORIGINAL meda, which was a Wittman medal (SS officer, no war crimes, legendary tanker) to be changed.
Currently, the new game War Thunder has some problems with Germany because players can use some of the decals to recreate the SS logo...

So yeah.. it is a problem
interesting stuff, got any source for that? not trying to be snippy, just genuinely curious.

(legal nerdery incoming, beware!)
as the current legal situation stands, § 86 of the german criminal code prohibits the use of certain symbols, like the swastika. but here is the interesting part: article three of the same paragraph makes exceptions where the display of swastikas and the like is allowed. for science, education, historical documentation aaaand, and this is the part concerning us, art and fiction.
now video games have been legally accepted as art a long time ago in germany. it would follow that the use of swastikas in games is legal, as it is in movies, tv shows, paintings and comic books. hell, even some games have been sold with swastikas, but rather rarely and not exactly tripple A stuff. however, devs and publishers, dreading to be that guy who made an evil nazi game, continue to voluntarily self censor to avoid confrontation.

DarkhoIlow

Dec 31, 2009
This game looks like everything I wanted out of a new Wolfenstein game.

Will definitely get it and after seeing that trailer I'm sure to have a fun time.

Kathinka

Jan 17, 2010
Charcharo said:
Kathinka said:
Charcharo said:
Kathinka said:
Charcharo said:
N3squ1ck said:

You are actually VERY wrong here. It WILL be a problem. Not sure whether it will be a big problem and whether it will have a negative effect on the game, but I know for a fact that it is.
Just last year World of Tanks had to deny one of their awards- The Boelter (incredible tanker, Wehrmacht, no war crimes) medal. Reason is that the German goverment asked WarGaming to delete his name from the game... even though he was Wehrmacht.
One year before that, they wanted the ORIGINAL meda, which was a Wittman medal (SS officer, no war crimes, legendary tanker) to be changed.
Currently, the new game War Thunder has some problems with Germany because players can use some of the decals to recreate the SS logo...

So yeah.. it is a problem
interesting stuff, got any source for that? not trying to be snippy, just genuinely curious.

(legal nerdery incoming, beware!)
as the current legal situation stands, § 86 of the german criminal code prohibits the use of certain symbols, like the swastika. but here is the interesting part: article three of the same paragraph makes exceptions where the display of swastikas and the like is allowed. for science, education, historical documentation aaaand, and this is the part concerning us, art and fiction.
now video games have been legally accepted as art a long time ago in germany. it would follow that the use of swastikas in games is legal, as it is in movies, tv shows, paintings and comic books. hell, even some games have been sold with swastikas, but rather rarely and not exactly tripple A stuff. however, devs and publishers, dreading to be that guy who made an evil nazi game, continue to voluntarily self censor to avoid confrontation.
Read the WoT wiki and FTR. That is the source :(
WarGaming does usually ignore stupid stuff, but when the goverment wants it... yeah.
all i could find was hearsay. the only official statement i dug up said that they removed it to not appear to be supporting fascism. the stuff about the german guvn'nament forcing them seems to be just rumour. (how would they even)