Wolfenstein: The New Order Trailer Pits Stealth Against Mayhem

roseofbattle

News Room Contributor
Apr 18, 2011
Wolfenstein: The New Order Trailer Pits Stealth Against Mayhem

Whether your style is quiet and methodical or rushing in guns blazing, Wolfenstein: The New Order is a violent adventure.

The new gameplay trailer for Wolfenstein: The New Order demonstrates two different styles of taking down the Nazi regime that used mysterious technology to win World War II. In this video, the protagonist B.J. Blazkowicz can choose to take down enemies in either a stealthy manner or a loud, overpowering manner with big, big guns.

[video=9123 autoplay=0]

Taking place in an early section of the game, the trailer shows different items in use, as well as the ability to pick locks, and dual weapon wielding. Silencers, knives, and sniper rifles will help in the stealth route. For those who like to make a loud entrance, there are also assault rifles, shotguns, and grenades.

B.J.'s style is up to the player; he is given the impossible task of destroying General Deathshead's army to take down the Nazi regime. The game takes place in the 1960s in an alternate history in which the Nazis won World War II and threaten to conquer all of Europe. If it's not the Soviets, it's the Nazis.

Wolfenstein: The New Order launches May 20th on Xbox One, PS4, Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. Customers who preorder the game will be invited to access the DOOM beta (available on Xbox One, PS4, and PC).

Mojo

Jun 2, 2011
Gotta say, at first The New Order flew under my radar entirely. But with every new trailer I'm looking forward to this thing a little bit more. The stealth route gives me a very Dishonored vibe, most definitely the way Ill be going.

Metalrocks

Jan 15, 2009
nice to see you have the option to use stealth. but im still skeptical about it. the last one after all was not so amazing.

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
please dont suck...

any game where you are allowed to dual wield sniper rifles shouldnt be allowed to suck

Haakmed

Oct 29, 2010
NuclearKangaroo said:
please dont suck...

any game where you are allowed to dual wield sniper rifles shouldnt be allowed to suck
You know it will be awesome BECAUSE of dual wielding sniper rifles! I mean, lets be honest here. That just means your a twice as accurate!

NuclearKangaroo

Feb 7, 2014
Haakmed said:
NuclearKangaroo said:
please dont suck...

You know it will be awesome BECAUSE of dual wielding sniper rifles! I mean, lets be honest here. That just means your a twice as accurate!
i did some calculations, you are 100% correct, 200% in fact

Ichigo

Nov 13, 2012
LOCKPICKING??? What the fuck, who needs that in a FPS game? I have to say i really really want to play this game, but the new trailer makes it look less awesome then the others befor.

Poetic Nova

Pulvis Et Umbra Sumus
Jan 24, 2012
I hope it doesn't end up being a dud. Looks really promising up till this point.

draigodragon

Nov 21, 2011
I swear it better not be a "good" "bad" ending or i'm gonna throw a puppy...

god knows we need another mass effect type ending >.>