Woman Buys Wooden iPad

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
Fronzel said:
A proverbial scam of the agricultural past was con-men trying to sell a kitten in a sack as a piglet. I ask now what I would ask of anyone who fell for that; why didn't you ask to see what you were buying?

If it was new, it'd be in its own box inside that fedex envelope. If they refuse to let you see it, walk away because that's bullshit.
I think an alarming number of people are conditioned to be polite, gullible, or trusting...and a small percentage of people are exceptionally good predators at preying on the first population.

Tyhm

Jul 13, 2011
It probably Was in an IPad box within the envelope; no big loss, and the packaging probably isn't that hard to get a hold of, particularly if there's an Apple store nearby. No, why she deserved it was simply this: She suspected it was /stolen/, and that she was getting a good deal on hot merchandise.

viranimus

Thread killer
Nov 20, 2009
OMG... What a moron...The woman just gave up the leaked steampunk version of the Ipad 3! She just didnt understand what she had in her hands or that you have to attach it to a series of gears that are propelled by a mouse on a wheel to work right.

In short, an apple person and their money are soon parted. If nothing else, at least this prevents her from spending her money on actual apple products, for a little while anyway.

Feb 9, 2011
You know what...she deserved it. If she doesn't see anything wrong with buying a sealed FedEx evelope, from two shady guys in a McD's parking lot, for a product that sells for hundreds of dollars more and not even asking for them to open it so she can see it, then she doesn't deserve to keep her money. Idiots...seriously... <_<

Gitty101

Jan 22, 2010
Wow - word of advice Lady, NEVER buy goods directly from people without seeing them first. I mean, wasn't her Spidey Sense tingling when they offered it at THAT price in a car park behind McDonald's? It all reeks of suspicion, so surely common sense would have kicked in?

Unhappy Crow

Mar 14, 2010
This is why you always buy electronics from people that aren't wearing employee attires and/or not in a store with customer service. Or a better way that's cheap and more reliable than some guy in a fast food parking lot, the internet.

emeraldrafael

Jul 17, 2010
well of course teh guys in white vans didnt sell speakers. you had to go talk to the latino gang bangers. and damn, they had some REALLY good deals.

Anyway, to the woman, im sorry, but thats hysterical. You deserve it really, and especially with an iPad first gen.

always remember kids, whether is drug deals, hot merchandise, or just back alley deals, always check the merch. If the sellers too offended to let you, its not worth laying down the money.

Jodah

Aug 2, 2008
Saw this on another forum I frequent and thought..."good." If we don't punish people for their stupidity nobody will learn. Now cons are bad but someone stupid enough to buy an iPad for half price in a McDonald's parking lot without CHECKING THE FUCKING BOX deserves to lose their money.

BloodRed Pixel

Jul 16, 2009
"I mean, who wants an overpriced novelty like the iPad anyway?"

Statements as such are why gamers and game reporters have the stench of immaturity, ignorance and overall not-social acceptable on them.
And I am SO SURE, all the witty Windork users NEVER did aynthing stupid.

WouldYouKindly

Apr 17, 2011
As Yahtzee would say, Schadenfreudtastic!

Making fun of others stupidity is the only way they'll learn.

StellarViking

Apr 10, 2011
I find it pretty ironic that it's a wooden iPad and her last name is McDowell. Made me chuckle a bit.

Anywho, yes. Only somebody with an obvious lack of intelligence wood fall for something like that.

Logic 0

Aug 28, 2009
The seal for bad idea's will never run out of uses when stuff like this keeps happening.

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
Haha hilarious. Would a block of wood really be that different from an iPad? Zing.

How much would can a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood. We have an app for that.

...shut up I think it's humorous.

Anyways, now that I've had my fun. That lady was robbed by a cliche. Yunno, the guy wearing a giant trench coat (or in a shady van, same thing) that gives you discount prices on things you know aren't what you want. ***** should stay in the kitchen where she belongs (again, just joking ladies)

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
BloodRed Pixel said:
"I mean, who wants an overpriced novelty like the iPad anyway?"

Statements as such are why gamers and game reporters have the stench of immaturity, ignorance and overall not-social acceptable on them.
And I am SO SURE, all the witty Windork users NEVER did aynthing stupid.
Praise the oracle of wet blanketing. I think he's entitled to his opinion.

Angel Molina

Mar 23, 2011
Greg Tito said:
Ashley Mcdowell soon realized all she held was a black piece of wood etched with the notorious Apple logo...
Yes, but I think the important question here is "can it run Crysis?"

Xan Krieger

Completely insane
Feb 11, 2009
"I called the Apple store because I heard a strange chewing sound. Turns out my iPad was infested with termites."

All jokes aside if you're gonna buy something from a guy in a parking lot you better make sure to check the merchendise (and his return policy).