Woman Buys Wooden iPad

kebab4you

Jan 3, 2010
Servers you right for buying FROM A FUCKING PARKING LOT, geesh how do you even get dressed in the morning? Let alone drive a car ._.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
And the reason she didn't test out a product she was purchasing beforehand was...?

I'm going with: a.) she's an idiot.

newwiseman

Aug 27, 2010
The iPad is cheap when you consider how much dedicated tablet devices that manage VNC are. VNC is the only thing I use my iPad for and the battery life is amazing, I've gotten over 8.5 hours while using MochaVNC to remote control my PC while I was out of my office. It's been a major productivity tool for me to not have to run to my office to send out some software or remote install instructions.

They also make wood protective cases for the iPad and if it's an iPad 1 16gb then $180 sounds reasonable, but always try before you buy.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
All I can think is "Who the hell decided to call their town "Spartanburg?""

TheMadDoctorsCat

Apr 2, 2008
"Ashley Mcdowell soon realized all she held was a black piece of wood etched with the notorious Apple logo."

I think she was incredibly smart. We all know that the "iWood" will come out eventually; and it'll probably cost a damn fortune. Ashley got hers for $199. The crooks got ripped off!

sleeky01

Jan 27, 2011
SmashLovesTitanQuest said:
Quaxar said:
Probably etched out of an apple tree. So it's not even illegal!
Ya know, that may actually work. I can see the lawyer in front of my eyes now...

Lawyer: "Miss Herp Derp Im A Dumbass, did my client at any time actually say he was selling you the well known Apple iPad?"

Stupid *****: "Yes, he said..."

Lawyer: "No, he said he was selling the Apple iPad. Not that Apple iPad. His Apple iPad. An invention of his, carved out of Apple tree with an Apple etched onto the back, polished to brilliance and used as place to rest your coffee cup. I believe my client never specified he was selling the touchscreen device? Well, that settles it, I rest my case."

Stupid *****: "But..."

Judge: "Cleared of all charges,Miss Stupid *****, I am going to put you on probation for being a stupid *****. Case closed."
Possibly. But that scenario reminds me too much of this:

Yea I know it's Judge Judy. Still I have a hard time thinking a real judge would let something like that slide by.

Still, Both victims (In the OP and in the video link) did deserve what they got for a) for not seen the IPad in question and b) for not fully reading an eBay auction respectively.

camazotz

Jul 23, 2009
ThingWhatSqueaks said:
camazotz said:
Saying she deserved what she got is pretty well the same argument as saying so-and-so deserved to have their car stolen because they forgot to lock the door, or to have their house ripped off because they took off for the weekend. Seriously....is she stupid? Yeah. Did she deserve this? No one does, and those jackasses who are ripping off idiots are still the real problem here, no matter how amusing her plight is.
Not at all. This would be more like putting a sign above your car in bright neon lights advertising that the doors aren't locked and that the keys have been left in the ignition or putting a giant sign on the front lawn with the dates that the homeowners plan to be away for. That's what it would take for a car theft or home invasion victim to rival this woman's idiocy.

Caveat emptor.
Maybe. But I would be suspicious of anyone who felt that any of the above still qualified someone the right to rip another person off, no matter how insanely stupidly over-the-top their idiocy is.

I'll say this much: if she does something this dumb again, then maybe a Darwin Award should be in the mix somewhere...

Verdilian

Jan 8, 2011
Dang, she acted rather foolishly for not looking at the item beforehand.

Still want those crooks taken in custody though.

Mikeyfell

Elite Member
Aug 24, 2010
Hey! This isn't funny! My best friend died from Wooden IPad syndrome!

We should be looking for a cure instead of making fun of the poor saps who actually pay money for these things!

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
You're going to buy something from a bunch of shady guys and not even open and check it on the spot, right then and there? Man. Semi-illegal and stupid. Or is that even "semi-"?

Chewzer

Aug 29, 2011
I love some of the stories scammers try and use. One guy came up to me asking if I would like to buy an iPad for $80, 62" TV for $250, or a laptop for $100. I asked if they were stolen and he said no, so then I asked how he is able to sell them so cheap. He told me he works at Best Buy and that he just "marks them off the inventory". I'm pretty sure that's still theft.

Chewzer

Aug 29, 2011
I love some of the stories scammers try and use. One guy came up to me asking if I would like to buy an iPad for $80, 62" TV for $250, or a laptop for $100. I asked if they were stolen and he said no, so then I asked how he is able to sell them so cheap. He told me he works at Best Buy and that he just "marks them off the inventory". I'm pretty sure that's still theft.

scottdkp

Sep 2, 2011
Anonymous shady seller? ... Check!
Suspicious parking lot rendezvous? ... Check!
Cash transaction for "whatever you've got in your pocket" for something you could Ebay for twice as much? ...Check!
No time to have you see the merchandise? ... Check!

Seems legit.

I say go for it :p

DoomyMcDoom

Jul 4, 2008
GrizzlerBorno said:
The wooden tablet should've had the apple logo carved into one side.....

http://i472.photobucket.com/albums/rr84/Oathkeeper_Hikaru/TrollFace.png

:D hahaha, this has made me laugh hard sir, perfect point of insertion for a trollface...

Still a Wooden iPad is actually more useful, when you compare the price, I mean have you ever tried using an iPad as a drink platter, or to kill a bug, or to prop up a table, or as a nonlethal throwing weapon, or as a makeshift pingpong paddle, or as a light duty hammer, or as firewood? it sucks at all of those things a piece of wood can do just fine! and she only paid $180 for it, now she can spend the other $300(ish) that she didn't spend on an iPad and buy a netbook or a tablet that does more... AND she gets an awesome piece of wood outa the deal too, with all of the previously mentioned functionality!

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
Really? Whatever happened to that old phrase "If it sounds too good to be true, it likely is"?