Woman Claims to Own the Sun

More Fun To Compute

Nov 18, 2008
I want Eris but I will not charge any fees for people who want to live there. It will be an Erisian free state.

Owning the Sun just leaves you liable for damages due to forest fires, sun stroke and global warming. Insurance companies will love her.

Withall

Jan 9, 2010
Staking a claim? OK. I'm willing to admit that she owns the sun when she's planted a little white sign with her name on it on the surface of the sun. Until then, I'd advice her to increase her dosage.

F'Angus

Nov 18, 2009
What happens if It gets stolen by Aliens? Is she gonna file a lawsuit? Maybe get the space Police on them.

Abedeus

Sep 14, 2008
mattttherman3 said:
No one owns the sun...
"You can't, like, own a property, maaaaan!!"

Also, everyone who was blinded by the Sun, had sustained burns, cancers or strokes because of the heat can now sue that idiot.

By the way, is there any way I can claim to be the owner of some nice constellation? I'll settle for a small one, like Canis Major. Flame Nebula would be nice too, such peaceful scenery.

Platinum117

Aug 15, 2008
Hahhahhahahaha id like to see her enforce these fees. For one thing none of us have signed a contract. For a second the sun is giving us light and heat without our consent! perhaps we should charge her for unwanted brightness and heat?

In fact im going to sue her for that time the sun blinded me and almost made me crash my car. Not so clever now are you?

JensenBlayloc

Apr 7, 2010
Interesting.. Well, since I never asked her to send me anything, technically she is just sending me sunlight without my consent, which just as if you send me money in the mail without my consent, is mine. So, if she doesn't want me to use the sun, she is free to shut off my supply. It is also worth noting that the real reason for Global Warming is in fact the sun, I believe we have someone now to blame, and perhaps sue to get the money to buy carbon offsets.

Dott

Oct 27, 2009
I am officially an outlaw! I steal from the woman who apparently owns the sun.

Spygon

May 16, 2009
Oh you want me to pay you for using the sun well i already have i sent the money to what i assumed was your corporate headquaters

The Sun
The solar system in the milkyway galaxy
The universe

What do you mean i am lying you have not even be up there to check.

EonEire

Feb 7, 2008
Then I personally now lay claim to the entire universe and everything in it Mrs Duran, so you can start paying your 4.5 billion years worth of occupation fee of "your" sun in MY universe right now thank you.

Beryl77

Mar 26, 2010
Now I'm really tempted to go outside, lie down on the ground with only my shorts on and use as much of the sun as I can and take pictures, just to spite her. But it's freezing outside and there's snow on the ground, so maybe when it gets warmer again.

twm1709

Nov 19, 2009
lol, suprised no one did this before. I'm glad for her and her new aquisition. I strongly encourage her to visit it some time. I'd give some of my money for that.

DP155ToneZone

Good enough for Petrucci on I&W
Aug 23, 2009
All she needs is to ask one pissed off biker for their "Sun Fee", and she'll be pushing up daisies.

If she's not careful, she's gunna get herself killed.

Da_Vane

Dec 31, 2007
Rupert Murdock Owns/Owned the Sun...

Mind you, does that mean we can sue her for all this cold weather and climate change crap? Excuse me - your sun seems to have broken, if you want rent, get out there and fix it!

city cider

Jun 23, 2010
I read about this. The woman is an idiot. She fails to realise that while she may understand the letter of the law no judge in their right mind will back up her claim in a court. I hope she gets buttfucked in court and it's thrown out and she has to deal with the amount of criticism proportionate to the amount of smug confidence she displayed before the claim.

inb4 mods QQ cause i'm 'insulting' people in a post.