Woman Dies After YouTuber Boyfriend Was Allegedly Paid to Abuse Her on Livestream

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
Country
Nigeria
Stanislav Reshetnikov, a Russian YouTuber, was allegedly paid by a viewer to live-streaming a stunt in which his girlfriend, Valentina Grigoryeva, stood outside in sub-zero temperatures wearing nothing but her underwear. As a result of the horrifying setup, Grigoryeva, who was pregnant at the time, died and her boyfriend’s reaction—as well as his attempt to revive her—was streamed to his viewers and uploaded to YouTube, according to the New York Post. Reshetnikov has been arrested and could potentially face two years in prison if the coroner concludes that hypothermia induced by the filming setup was the cause of Grigoryeva’s death.

Reshetnikov had allegedly received money to abuse his girlfriend on camera prior to this incident. One video depicted him “showering” her with pepper spray after a viewer paid for that specific act. In Russia, where the couple live, there are no regulations banning these kinds of videos from appearing online, according to the Mirror. The abuse seems to have directly generated income: For each act of violence against his girlfriend that got streamed out live to viewers, Reshetnikov received “donations” from viewers to keep his streams going with some dollar amounts attached to specific requests.

The stream, which first appeared on a different platform but was then uploaded to YouTube, was removed after YouTube was alerted to the contents, a rep for the company told the Post. However, a quick search brings up several re-uploads of the original video, still hosted on YouTube, which viewers can watch with little more than a warning that the video is “inappropriate of offensive” to some viewers. One version of the video that was uploaded on Friday has over 9,000 views already.

Seanchaidh

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 21, 2009
Country
United States of America
I suppose content isn't the most important thing.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Oh good. Snuff Youtube

Edit: I wonder what the other platform was and how they didn't get a mention. Sounds like YouTube did nothing wrong here

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
So much just wrong. His viewers are pieces of shit for finding content like that enjoyable. He's a fucking asshole for pushing through with it. And I don't know what's worse, the idea that she might have been forced to or willingly agreed to it.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
I wonder what the other platform was and how they didn't get a mention.
Probably either BitChute (which bans very little - Reddit blocks all links to BitChute after they refused to take down the Christchurch shooting video and that video the shooter claims was what tipped him over the edge) or a minor streaming platform that the authors don't expect the reader to have heard of.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
So much just wrong. His viewers are pieces of shit for finding content like that enjoyable. He's a fucking asshole for pushing through with it. And I don't know what's worse, the idea that she might have been forced to or willingly agreed to it.
Well, I mean on some level, I don't have an issue with silly pranks. Like, "run out into the parking lot in freezing weather in your underwear for lulz. Maybe butt plant on the hood of a car to leave a funny butt mark tomorrow morning, and we film it for the humor/skin appeal." I mean that CAN be funny. So the idea of "his pregnant GF goes outside in undies" in theory, isn't a problem. The issue is how long this was allowed to go on. A 30 second dash with some flashing or whatever, no worries. But if he left her out there, like LOCKED THE DOOR for several minutes? Yeah that's some fucked up shit. Even if she agreed to it, that's some fucked up shit.

Trunkage

Nascent Orca
Legacy
Jun 21, 2012
Brisbane
Well, I mean on some level, I don't have an issue with silly pranks. Like, "run out into the parking lot in freezing weather in your underwear for lulz. Maybe butt plant on the hood of a car to leave a funny butt mark tomorrow morning, and we film it for the humor/skin appeal." I mean that CAN be funny. So the idea of "his pregnant GF goes outside in undies" in theory, isn't a problem. The issue is how long this was allowed to go on. A 30 second dash with some flashing or whatever, no worries. But if he left her out there, like LOCKED THE DOOR for several minutes? Yeah that's some fucked up shit. Even if she agreed to it, that's some fucked up shit.
Here's the issue with prank. You usually have to increase the challenge of each prank to have the same dopamine hit. It is inevitable that some will get hurt

Worgen

Follower of the Glorious Sun Butt.
Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Nah, those pranking channels are dog shit. They are stupid people doing stupid things to annoy strangers for the lulz and views.

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
Here's the issue with prank. You usually have to increase the challenge of each prank to have the same dopamine hit. It is inevitable that some will get hurt
Nah, those pranking channels are dog shit. They are stupid people doing stupid things to annoy strangers for the lulz and views.
Yeah I'm not saying I'm particularly a fan of them. But I mean, if someone who does streaming, wants to do something silly like that, then so be it. I mean hell millions of teenagers and college kids do that shit for free and just slap it up on social media. So I don't have an issue with someone doing it for money as well, if it's done SAFELY. I mean a smart person would be like 'ok no, I'm not doing that for that long, or doing that at all, and I don't care how many bits you send me"

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Yeah I'm not saying I'm particularly a fan of them. But I mean, if someone who does streaming, wants to do something silly like that, then so be it. I mean hell millions of teenagers and college kids do that shit for free and just slap it up on social media. So I don't have an issue with someone doing it for money as well, if it's done SAFELY. I mean a smart person would be like 'ok no, I'm not doing that for that long, or doing that at all, and I don't care how many bits you send me"
I would argue that those pranking channels are a net negative on humanity. Because as Trunk said, they will naturally go to bigger and weirder pranks. If people were like "I'm not going to pay attention to this dumb shit" then that would be fine, but these are easy low effort channels that end up with huge followings and people see how easy so it spreads and then you get more and more dumb shit. Like, I don't know if you remember the channel 'daddy o 5' or something like that. That was straight up child abuse for clicks.

Reactions: BrawlMan

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
I would argue that those pranking channels are a net negative on humanity. Because as Trunk said, they will naturally go to bigger and weirder pranks. If people were like "I'm not going to pay attention to this dumb shit" then that would be fine, but these are easy low effort channels that end up with huge followings and people see how easy so it spreads and then you get more and more dumb shit. Like, I don't know if you remember the channel 'daddy o 5' or something like that. That was straight up child abuse for clicks.

I vaguely recall daddy o? Isn't that the one where the adults would "prank" their kids and film the reaction? And the one that got them in the spotlight was accusing one of the children of doing something they didn't, to the point the child was weeping openly? If that's who you mean, yes I am aware of them, for THAT thing only.

*edit* man that's so weird how this site does that. I replied to your post before you added that YT clip, but it inserted it when I hit send on my reply to you.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
I vaguely recall daddy o? Isn't that the one where the adults would "prank" their kids and film the reaction? And the one that got them in the spotlight was accusing one of the children of doing something they didn't, to the point the child was weeping openly? If that's who you mean, yes I am aware of them, for THAT thing only.

*edit* man that's so weird how this site does that. I replied to your post before you added that YT clip, but it inserted it when I hit send on my reply to you.
I tend to either be too fast or too slow, the point is, I'm just not the right speed.

But yeah, that is that channel, well was that channel, its gone now.

BrawlMan

Lover of beat'em ups.
Legacy
Mar 10, 2016
Detroit, Michigan
Country
United States of America
I tend to either be too fast or too slow, the point is, I'm just not the right speed.

But yeah, that is that channel, well was that channel, its gone now.
Those "parents" monsters got what they deserved. All can say about this situation is fuck the dude, his channel, and the savage bastards that encouraged such cruel behavior. And fuck the Russian government for not having any type of standards or regulations in place to stop it or future incidents from happening. I swear there are people who want to win the Darwin awards and surprised when they get the award. It's like that time when the husband died from a gunshot thinking he would survive the bullet if he stuffed a whole bunch of books in his shirt. His wife shot him, but it was his dumb fucking idea. Some people should not allowed have guns, breed, nor have children or any human contact at all.

Worgen

Legacy
Apr 1, 2009
Those "parents" monsters got what they deserved. All can say about this situation is fuck the dude, his channel, and the savage bastards that encouraged such cruel behavior. And fuck the Russian government for not having any type of standards or regulations in place to stop it or future incidents from happening. I swear there are people who want to win the Darwin awards and surprised when they get the award. It's like that time when the husband died from a gunshot thinking he would survive the bullet if he stuffed a whole bunch of books in his shirt. His wife shot him, but it was his dumb fucking idea. Some people should not allowed have guns, breed, nor have children or any human contact at all.
Not really, they ended up with a probation sentence and only the 2 kids that weren't theirs were removed, they kept the other 3 and it sounds like they even had their sentence reduced and does not require supervision and allows them to seek expungement of the child neglect convictions after 3 years.

You really cant have any kind of regulation to prevent people from doing stuff like this, you can only remove it and punish it once its there. I mean there might have been other instances where authorities should have come into the picture in their other vids but if not then... not much you can proactively do.

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia

Baffle

Elite Member
Oct 22, 2016
'Pranks' as a form of entertainment are stupid for exactly the reasons people have outlined here. Didn't someone shoot her boyfriend a while ago because they thought a book would stop a bullet?

Gordon_4

The Big Engine
Legacy
Apr 3, 2020
Australia
'Pranks' as a form of entertainment are stupid for exactly the reasons people have outlined here. Didn't someone shoot her boyfriend a while ago because they thought a book would stop a bullet?
Clearly forward thinking chaps trying to do this poor girl a good turn.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Brawlman mentioned that some 5 posts before your own, but yeah. That's even stupider than gender reveal parties involving explosions that cause massive fires and/or kill grandparents with shrapnel.