Woman Pepper-Sprays Fellow Shoppers for Videogames

Berithil

Maintenence Man of the Universe
Mar 19, 2009
*sigh* it was only a matter of time. I wonder what other acts of violence happened. Oh black Friday, how we love thee and thy mindless, rabid shoppers.

DrunkPickle

Sep 16, 2011
Just food for thought: you AREN'T saving any money if you are buying items strictly BECAUSE it is Black Friday.

3BitPar

Jun 28, 2011
It's a foriegn idea to me so i may be missing the point, but I'm suprised it's even worth it to the stores to let this happen. It just sounds like they'd be buried in lawsuits.

Feb 13, 2008
BX3 said:
@Root_of_all_evil: Beat me to it. I was just about to post something like that. This is less about black Friday and more about the news hyping up a story that they would otherwise not give a solitary damn about.

*sign*, it's likely that everyone skipped your post though.
Heh, I look on it as there's a few people who have read it and will think about it. No need to be overly negative :)

Amnestic

High Priest of Haruhi
Aug 22, 2008
imnotparanoid said:
Amnestic said:
imnotparanoid said:
Black friday? Is this an America thing or am I a rock underdweller?
Wikipedia has the answer [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_%28shopping%29].

In short, it's a day in the US where a lot of stores have sales. That's it.
Lol yeah I proberly should of just googled to be- Wait this is the second time you have answered one of my 'to lazy to google' questions within a few days...

Are you my gaurdian angel?
I've been called many things in my time. 'Angel' isn't one of them, except when one woman said I looked like David Boreanaz from the show of that name.

For the record, I don't, but I was flattered anyway.

DrunkPickle said:
Just food for thought: you AREN'T saving any money if you are buying items strictly BECAUSE it is Black Friday.
I heard that. There's a bunch of games on my Steam list I've not even downloaded - nevermind played - which I bought solely because they were on sale. I've got no idea if I'll ever get around to them.

Kapol

Watch the spinning tails...
May 2, 2010
I was actually surprised when I went out black friday shopping that things were... peaceful and calm. I think I ended up going shopping in this weird 'dead zone' of time. The people who wanted the best deals had already come and gone since many stores opened early. Most other people weren't bothered enough to get up that early and go get stuff.

The longest I had to wait in line was for 2 minutes with 2 people ahead of me. And, while they were sold out of the items I was looking for at one place (Meijer's sale on Gears 3, RAGE, and Starfox 3D), the other store had more then enough. Same with Best Buy and Sam's Club. I was incredibly surprised.

The reason I say that is to show there was absolutely no reason for this woman to go insane with pepper spray or these people to act like animals trying to get to the TVs and other things. Freaking idiots.

Right Hook

May 29, 2011
What can be said about this sort of thing? The deals usually aren't THAT great, even so they are not worth going through the trouble of waiting and fighting for them, especially now that everyone should know there is a small chance they'll literally be killed and a better chance they'll be injured. Black Friday is way too over-hyped, people don't even care about the sale as much as they care about getting out and competing, it's really disgusting how materialistic people have gotten. Two years ago I went out to stores with my friends, not to shop, just to watch the insanity, I was left speechless, it was akin to watching villagers struggle to receive much needed water from the back of a truck so they didn't die of thirst, except these people were just swarming to save fifty bucks.

Magnicon

Nov 25, 2011
This makes me think of all the comments I read from americans shitting on the disgusting stuff people do in the middle east. Then I laugh. Then I sigh.

Jan 29, 2009
Malty Milk Whistle said:
The Rogue Wolf said:
Nearly ten years of retail experience has shown me that while retail stores' sales may rise significantly on Black Friday, the average IQ of shoppers drops even more sharply. Makes me glad I don't have to worry about shopping- just write a couple checks, mail them out, and it's all sorted.
the IQ of the organism called the "Mob" is the square root of all of its members.
That would imply that it get smarter the larger it is.

IQ of mob=IQ of smartest person there/(number of people).

Anyways, this is just completely stupid. So amazingly stupid it makes me ashamed to be part of a nation that has this happen.
WHAT THE HELL, PEOPLE?!

Veloxe

Oct 5, 2010
If I ever hit my head and decide to go shopping on Black Friday I will add goggles to me list of items I'm taking with me.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
If walmart had any respect for their customers, they'd do something similar to Best Buy where they either hand out tickets or let them in to create lines inside the store. The fact that they STILL haven't enacted some kind of safety measures for this indicates how little they care what happens to the consumer, as long as they're buying stuff.

Reaper195

Jul 5, 2009
That is hilarious. Sad, but so funny.

Soviet Heavy said:
Gotta love Black Friday. I always enjoy watching the video reports each year. Thank god the practice never caught on around my town.
Oh dear christ. The one at 0:50 looked like a fucking zombie attack. I don't think I would have been able to be a security man there. Too much of an erge to go "Get 'em in the head!"

I also only thought shit like that only happened in movies and ads and such. It just seems far too.... cliché. Although I guess they've got to come from somewhere.

BlackWidower

Nov 16, 2009
....Did I ever mention I hate people!? Seriously, you want that hunk of plastic so badly that you are willing to commit assault to get it? What is going through this person's head!?

Iklol

Oct 25, 2011
Veloxe said:
If I ever hit my head and decide to go shopping on Black Friday I will add goggles to me list of items I'm taking with me.
Just goggles? I don't think I would feel safe shopping on black Friday without a whole suit of body armor, and preferably a riot shield.

Sep 14, 2009
this is pretty insane, i mean really?

yeah i got some sweet ass deals on things..i think it totalled up to over 1000 dollars in savings for all the stuff i got for christmas gifts and whatnot, but damn...

LADY..

not.worth.it.

still..kinda mad i missed out on best buys sweet ass deal, 40" 1080p lcd tv for 188 bucks..