Woman Pepper-Sprays Fellow Shoppers for Videogames

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I can't wait till they find her. They must have already got the footage if they know she was using it in different parts of the store. Fine her, police. Find her.
I read that she also hit some kids with it too, not just adults. I'm honestly surprised--and a little disappointed--that the parents of said children did not turn that lady into paste.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
"She was competitive shopping."

They actually have a name for this?

Are you joking?

That woman was being a selfish *****, and what she did could have seriously injured people. If it had escalated too far, it could have cost people lives.

And this guy wants to make it sound like a sport?

Callate

Dec 5, 2008
Grey Carter said:
How utterly appalling. That being said, a quick blast of pepper-spray to the eyes is somewhat preferable to being trampled to death [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/87748-Mob-Kills-Wal-Mart-Employee-Keeps-Shopping] by a herd of sociopathic deal hunters.
So long as you don't have any kind of respiratory conditions, in which case the distinction might be somewhat lost on you.

Liquid Paradox

Jul 19, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
Grey Carter said:
Woman Pepper-Sprays Fellow Shoppers for Videogames

A woman desperate to take advantage of Wal-Mart's Black Friday game sales used pepper-spray to ward off her fellow shoppers.

How I adore Black Friday, it brings out the best in people. Not a single year goes by without at least one instance of appalling violence in the name of rampant, frothing consumerism.

According to Alejandra Seminario, a 24 year-old shopper, who was waiting in line for children's toys when things got ugly at the unidentified Los Angeles branch of Wal-Mart, the incident was sparked by a crowd of nearly a hundred people clawing at the merchandise in a frenzy. In the chaos an unidentified woman broke out the pepper-spray to defend her claim, because nothing calms an angry crowd like pepper-spray.

"People started screaming, pulling and pushing each other, and then the whole area filled up with pepper spray," said Seminario. "I guess what triggered it was people started pulling the plastic off the pallets and then shoving and bombarding the display of games. It started with people pushing and screaming because they were getting shoved onto the boxes."

Luckily, none of the twenty people caught in the pepper-spray cloud were seriously harmed. While the possibility exists that the woman was using the spray in self defense, police revealed she had used the pepper spray in multiple parts of the store. She was using it "to gain preferred access to a variety of locations in the store," said Los Angeles Fire Capt. James Carson. "She was competitive shopping."

How utterly appalling. That being said, a quick blast of pepper-spray to the eyes is somewhat preferable to being trampled to death [http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/87748-Mob-Kills-Wal-Mart-Employee-Keeps-Shopping] by a herd of sociopathic deal hunters. Providing there's no sales-based fatalities in the next six hours or so, this is a good year for Wal-Mart.

Source: LA Times [http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2011/11/wal-mart-pepper-spray-attack-involved-xbox-wii-games-witnesses-says.html]

My aunt (who works there) was there when it happened. It was a porter Ranch Walmart. During the scuffle, a small girl was caught under a cardboard box. While she was trying to escape, they trampled her. She had to go in and save her. She got a thank you, but no actual reward.

Its amazing, I know. I was on my way to bring my (unnamed due to safety) aunt some of the thanksgiving food when I got the call.
There are no words insulting enough to use on people who pull this kind of insane shit. I swear loudly and rudely, thinking of all the most horrible names I can think of, and yet it seems paltry when applied to this particular murder. And yes, I said murder, not manslaughter, because the killers fully acknowledged what they had done, and were not only apathetic, but offended that the police were getting in their way. Arrg... usually this kind of thing doesn't bother me, but this is too much. I hope those shoppers chock to death on their own bile, and I rarely wish death on anyone.

Domehammer

Jun 17, 2011
This lady should be thrown into prison until after Christmas to learn lesson. No pat on back or then next year other people will do it thinking they won't get in much trouble. Last thing we need is a Black Friday massacre.

Mr.Squishy

Apr 14, 2009
Sociopathic mobs of crazed monsters in human skin mindlessly rampaging and lusting for one thing running around in malls, even killing to gain what they want? Why, this sounds like a George Romero flick!

I am quite aware that george did take his inspiration from the growth of capitalism and consumerism, thankyouverymuch

maddawg IAJI

I prefer the term "Zomguard"
Feb 12, 2009
Pinkamena said:
USA has an entire DAY devoted to consumerism? Wow... I am not surprised though
*Sigh* Why would you be? We're not the only country that has a 'holiday' (And I use the term loosely since its not recognized by any branch of the Governments within in the country.)dedicated to shopping.

Black Friday isn't an actual holiday and its no different from say Boxing Day. Its just a day that sees a lot of money being spent on commercial goods and marks the beginning of the Christmas season. We don't dedicate anything to Black Friday and up until recently, it wasn't even the most popular day to shop on.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
I am... so glad I didn't go with my friends to this yesterday. That's the most pathetic thing I've heard all day.

JoesshittyOs

Aug 10, 2011
neonsword13-ops said:
Gotta love the most dangerous shopping day of the year.

So glad I stayed home to slay dragons.
If an innocent child has to die so I can get MW3 for ten dollars off, than by God it's gonna die.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
William the Muddy said:
Now, see, this is why I stay indoors on Black Friday. It's also why I do most of my shopping online.
Yeah, it's only gonna get worse, too.

These people get condemned, but it's the natural outcome of our culture's mentality towards...well, everything.

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
afroebob said:
I wish the story ended in 'and a fellow shopper tackled her and snapped her neck'.
What happened next was seen by eyewitness reports. Supposedly, the fellow shopper then took the neckbone and blood. Tied the neck bone around his neck and wore it like a tie while simultaneously painting his eyes with her blood. Seriously, thank you for making me lol today.

The Rookie Gamer

Mar 15, 2010
Aprilgold said:
afroebob said:
I wish the story ended in 'and a fellow shopper tackled her and snapped her neck'.
What happened next was seen by eyewitness reports. Supposedly, the fellow shopper then took the neckbone and blood. Tied the neck bone around his neck and wore it like a tie while simultaneously painting his eyes with her blood. Seriously, thank you for making me lol today.
"Next, and entire horde of shoppers ransacked the body, leaving only the appendix behind."

Aprilgold

Apr 1, 2011
The Rookie Gamer said:
Aprilgold said:
afroebob said:
"Next, and entire horde of shoppers ransacked the body, leaving only the appendix behind."
After further investigation, we see the name of the murdered was "Stupid ***** Face" who was born in 199X and was a giant penius face for her whole life.

All I can say is, fuck you random shopper for killing Stupid ***** Face, you stole my killstreak.

upgray3dd

Jan 6, 2011
There are a LOT of Walmart's in this world. Stuff like this happens every day. You only hear about it on black friday, but it happens all the time.

I'm not saying this isn't horrible behavior. If anything, the fact that it happens all the time is way more disturbing than it just being Black Friday's fault.

Ariyura

Oct 18, 2008
Everything they say about trampling people at walmart is true. I went with a friend to my first black friday sale. I ended up trying to check out the video games and they were crated waiting to be opened and displayed for customers. All of a sudden someone yelled GO! GET IT! And they started tearing down the unopened displays, grabbing piles of games regardless of titles and the people in the back desperate to get a piece of the action surged forward. People went down, black eyes and bruises were had, fights broke out. I was squeezed so tight by the throng that I couldn't breathe. I was so glad when security showed up and they started screaming BACK UP like it was some sort of riot and they were about to pull out the tear gas. Never going to another black friday and maybe not walmart again.