Woman Pepper-Sprays Fellow Shoppers for Videogames

jawakiller

Jan 14, 2011
Yeah, masses of feral beings viciously fighting for survival...

"Argghhaa!! Did somebody say great deals?"

Frylock72

Dec 7, 2009
Ultratwinkie said:
sleeky01 said:
Ultratwinkie said:
My aunt (who works there) was there when it happened. It was a porter Ranch Walmart. During the scuffle, a small girl was caught under a cardboard box. While she was trying to escape from under the box, they trampled her. My aunt had to go in and save her. She got a thank you from the mother, but no actual reward from Walmart.
I'm confused. Why would Wal-mart offer a reward?
high praise means high praise. You would think she would get some sort of bonus or promotion, but no. They acted as if nothing ever happened.
That's Wal-Mart's ethic. As long as they make money hand-over-fist, laws mean nothing. I used to work at a Neighborhood Market, and you wouldn't believe the amount of shit everyone who worked there had to go through every day. Unsanitary conditions, cramped work spaces, an overall lack of care regarding merchandise and shoppers. It's abysmal, and all too common. Sam Walton is probably rolling in his grave.

Yokai

Oct 31, 2008
So while the police are busy pepper-spraying unarmed, nonviolent college kids, frothing, rabid consumers are pepper-spraying each other so they can save five bucks on a video game.

What the actual fuck is wrong with this country?

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
Kinda makes me wish I was CEO of Walmart, next year, I'd hype everything to the max, then on the friday morning, cancel all the deals and watch as the hordes of dummies rush in and find fuck all on offer :)

Then an announcement over the tannoy, just me laughing on loop.

Seriously tho, this is a great way for parents to avoid buying expensive gifts at xmas.

'You say you want a PS3 for christmas Timmy, I'll see what I can do, just so long as you know I might die out there trying to get one, are you sure that's what you want, or would you prefer a GI Joe figure?'

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
Amnestic said:
imnotparanoid said:
Black friday? Is this an America thing or am I a rock underdweller?
Wikipedia has the answer [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_%28shopping%29].

In short, it's a day in the US where a lot of stores have sales. That's it.
I was initially confused as over here black friday is the day the worst natural bushfires happened (here in Australia).
Heres the details:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Friday_(1939)
Only 2 other fires in Australia have claimed more lives.

As for OT:
Only in America, seriously that's disgraceful....

xXAsherahXx

Apr 8, 2010
I love Black Friday. I never shop that day, but it's always amusing to hear people getting run down in the name of a good sale.

CleverCover

Nov 17, 2010
Seriously, just avoid this day altogether if you can. It's not worth going out among the masses for a few presents that you could have gotten online.

Unless it's clothes, shop inside on your computer. And clothing can wait until the next week.

Jedoro

Jun 28, 2009
Black Friday 2012 will consist of soccer moms storming out of minivans wielding gas masks and tear gas.

Combustion Kevin

Nov 17, 2011
Soviet Heavy said:
Gotta love Black Friday. I always enjoy watching the video reports each year. Thank god the practice never caught on around my town.
black friday indeed, holy shit!

I thought the article was actually funny, slapstick even, but this is some serious business.

jack583

Oct 26, 2010
sooo....
people think GAMERS are dangerous?
no......
BLACK FRIDAY SHOPPERS ARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robert022614

meeeoooow
Dec 1, 2009
On black friday I was out fishing. Was great and relaxing while all my christmas shopping has been finished for a long time now thanks to the internet.

Brinnmilo

Mar 18, 2009
Well I sure am glad I live in England... in rural England. Oh god, I hope this doesn't catch on down the local Co-op!