Woman Pepper-Sprays Fellow Shoppers for Videogames

direkiller

Dec 4, 2008
RicoADF said:
Only in America, seriously that's disgraceful....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day_shooting
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/15871472
nope its world wide stupidity

Alandoril

Jul 19, 2010
The thing what really boggles my mind is: how have we allowed things like this to become tolerable aspects of our society?

Tiger Sora

Aug 23, 2008
Late to the game on this one Escapists. But I guess you guys don't update on the weekends.

"A" suspect in this case has already turned herself in, if the news I was watching said is correct.. They didn't lay any charges immediately, but by now I'm sure they have. Or will soon.

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
You know... allot of people need to be... disposed of.

As a species we sadly are less subject to natural selection so I say we take it upon ourselves to... prune the weeds once in a while.

Let's say you get a stupid card. If you fill it up you get turned into soilent green. At at least you'll do something useful that way.

Kopikatsu

May 27, 2010
Yokai said:
So while the police are busy pepper-spraying unarmed, nonviolent college kids, frothing, rabid consumers are pepper-spraying each other so they can save five bucks on a video game.

What the actual fuck is wrong with this country?
Too much pepper-spray.

Of course, if we take away their pepper-spray, everyone will just replace it with shotguns.

America!

KillerMort

May 1, 2011
A friend of mine was actually picking copies of BF3 and MW3 for his sons on Black Friday, but when the kiosk opened for pick up, the herd of shoppers swarmed in, Breaking the cardboard kiosk and looting off the ground. My friend noticed that in all this chaos he saw a women being trampled and decided to help her up. He put his copies that he was going to be in his armpit and got her up to safety, but shortly after his good deed a man walks up and punches him near the temple and takes the games off my friends person. In the end my friend got stitches for full price, and grew a distinct hatred for Wal-Mart, and that group of customers.

It shocks me that this is acceptable and that he did not sue the store for being incapable to control the shoppers. And the thing that really gets to me is that Wal-mart seems to be the store with the most issues, i went to multiple mid night releases and they were all well organized, people stood in line patiently, no complaints, and everyone got what they came for. But Wal-Mart thought that it'd be fine if they let the shoppers, absolutely ravage the store. "not like anyone can get hurt, they're just shopping..."

RicoADF

Welcome back Commander
Jun 2, 2009
direkiller said:
RicoADF said:
Only in America, seriously that's disgraceful....
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boxing_Day_shooting
http://news.sky.com/home/uk-news/article/15871472
nope its world wide stupidity
I (sadly) stand corrected

ConstantErasing

Sep 26, 2011
And that is why I sleep in. Well one of the reasons. Seriously though, you sometimes just have to wonder why people are this stupid. Don't expect an answer anytime soon, though.

FamoFunk

Dad, I'm in space.
Mar 10, 2010
As a Brit, Black Friday seems good. I mean, really fucking cheap goodies, yes? But year after year I hear incidents of someone being a total asshole. They need some sort of crowd control and security/police to make things go along smoothly. It comes across so chaotic and not thought through at all.

Ruwrak

Sep 15, 2009
Every year I am so glad I live in the Netherlands. Sure christmas is a busy holiday, but it's the only busy holliday worth mentioning. We don't have thanksgiving, we don't have black fridays and noone brings pepperspray.

Whenever I hear about these Black Friday rampage stories, I do wonder. What's the issue with going to the store 2 days before and just buy the thing for a higher price? Sure discount is fun, but I'm not gonna get squished, sprayed or trampled to death for it >.>

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
And this only proves how greed + over consuming nation + sales equals to.

That be in Finland the firemarshall would been there and forced the shops to close if there been one person too many in the shop (large malls have to keep some kind of count of the amount of shoppers inside their respective building/shop)

Oh well... Oh America, when will you stop proving me right and stop destroying the name of humanity?

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
I kinda wonder how many of the people complaining about the UC Davis cops using "military-grade chemical weapons" on protestors just looked at this and thought "oh, pepper spray. Well, it's not like it's serious."

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
Pinkamena said:
USA has an entire DAY devoted to consumerism? Wow... I am not surprised though
That is the most bigotry per word I've seen in a while. Well done.

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
SinisterGehe said:

That be in Finland the firemarshall would been there and forced the shops to close if there been one person too many in the shop (large malls have to keep some kind of count of the amount of shoppers inside their respective building/shop)

Oh well... Oh America, when will you stop proving me right and stop destroying the name of humanity?
I like how you're taking an single incident and using it to generalize about an entire country.

A lot of Americans cluck their tongues at the Black Friday madness as well.

SinisterGehe

May 19, 2009
JonnWood said:
SinisterGehe said:

I like how you're taking an single incident and using it to generalize about an entire country.

A lot of Americans cluck their tongues at the Black Friday madness as well.
When a American tourist comes to Finland and I am there to greet him, does he not represent hes culture and hes country?

There are many other more severe issues which bother me about America and drops it down on my list "places to move if I need to leave my homeland" to #32...

I know there is a sane part of America also, filled with wonderful, smart and great personalities... Sadly they are not the face of the America...