Woman Pepper-Sprays Fellow Shoppers for Videogames

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
Welp, I hope she has fun serving a sentence in jail for multiple counts of assault. Clearly, this was a sensible, rational and beneficial decision. All the lawsuits she's going to get for the cost of medical treatment from the pepper-spray assaults is totally going to make those bargains worthwhile.

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
Amnestic said:
sleeky01 said:
Ultratwinkie said:
My aunt (who works there) was there when it happened. It was a porter Ranch Walmart. During the scuffle, a small girl was caught under a cardboard box. While she was trying to escape from under the box, they trampled her. My aunt had to go in and save her. She got a thank you from the mother, but no actual reward from Walmart.
I'm confused. Why would Wal-mart offer a reward?
For going beyond the call of duty, and, rather than quakeing in her boots, chose to perform the unreal action of descenting into the tribes of shoppers, a veritable battlefield, to save a young girl from certain doom, rather than letting her be left for dead?

Would that every worker had said aunt's work ethic. I couldn't think of a good way to slip in Half-life or Medal of Honor which wasn't way too obvious
The reason heroes are heroes is because they risked life and/or limb when they didn't have to. If the crowd was frenzied enough to do that, just about anyone would be at risk.

JonnWood

Jul 16, 2008
badgersprite said:
Welp, I hope she has fun serving a sentence in jail for multiple counts of assault. Clearly, this was a sensible, rational and beneficial decision. All the lawsuits she's going to get for the cost of medical treatment from the pepper-spray assaults is totally going to make those bargains worthwhile.
You mean, people who had to wash their eyes out with hot water? Why, I'm sure that'll just beggar her.

badgersprite

[--SYSTEM ERROR--]
Sep 22, 2009
JonnWood said:
badgersprite said:
You mean, people who had to wash their eyes out with hot water? Why, I'm sure that'll just beggar her.
Hey, she assaulted them. It's not like it's negligence where they have to establish damage before they can sue. They don't have to prove harm to establish the tort and sue her, because it's an intentional tort. If even one shopper had any kind of medical costs or damage caused by the spray, they can sue her right into the ground for that.