Woman robs man on side of road, Two "samaritans" help her because she's a woman

JeffBergGold

Aug 3, 2012
Boudica said:
JeffBergGold said:
I've seen guys do worse just because a woman said something.
You paint those men in such a... good light lol.

Where are these men and how can I meet them? I want them to steal do something for me.
You can find quite a few right here on the escapist. Michael seems like the kinda guy who would do anything if you speak gingerly to him and pretend to be his friend.

itsthesheppy said:
JeffBergGold said:
itsthesheppy said:
Zachary Amaranth said:
Boudica said:
Actually, it's because men are many times more likely to commit violent crime than women are. In fact, men are ten times more likely to commit murder.

http://bjs.ojp.usdoj.gov/content/homicide/gender.cfm
Or, as MRA and anti-feminists call it, sexism!
Get out of here with statistics! I hate reality, it's always standing in the way of my opinions!
Are cases where the male is used by a woman as tool to commit a violent crime by proxy incorporated into these statistics?

The article plainly shows these two "heroes" would gladly attack a man just because a woman seemed to be in distress.

This is a mild case, I've seen guys do worse just because a woman said something.

Statistics are valid but don't account for the nuances of crime. A guy may be the one doing the work but some of the time there is a woman pulling the strings. It's the reason why a desperate white knight is the most dangerous male he will do anything for female approval.

By anything I mean murder.
When you say "some of the time there is a woman pulling the strings" it makes me want to quietly, politely, shy away from you. I'm not a fan of conspiracy theories.

Yes, you can find examples of everything. There are examples of physically abusive and aggressive women. the majority of cases, however, feature aggressively abusive and violent men. It is far and away the more likely response. We are creatures conditioned, bred and programmed to react to things based on what the most likely case might be the truth.

It's unfortunate that this occasionally leads to mistakes, and it will lead to mistakes forever, but it doesn't belie a hidden, swept-under-the-rug social issue. Not in this case.
Except it is, I'll post a few examples for you.

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/newlywed-dalia-dippolito-20-years-murder-sting/story?id=13866581#.UDerEaOPkqI

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Haysom

http://pittsfield.wnyt.com/content/berkshire-murder-case-dateline-tonight

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/02/15/nyregion/15kansas.html

The attribution of purity to women in our society has caused your particular mindset to be fairly common. Women enlisting others to carry out malevolent deeds is considered a "conspiracy theory". I know if you hold this belief no amount of evidence will change your point of view on the matter.

Women are pure and would never commit a crime, while every man is a potential raging murderer.

Women are every bit as likely to be evil as men. The only difference is they're smart enough to get someone else to do their dirty work for them and there are plenty of knights out there willing to do it.

I don't know what fantasy world you're living it but it sure sounds like a pollyanna romanticization of the fairer sex.

Lyri said:
JeffBergGold said:
I always told people white knights are dangerous, this article only verifies it even more. Getting robbed by a woman? White Knights jump in as accomplices to robbery.
No, a White Knight is some guy being nice to get into a womans pants. This is just someone driving down the side of the road and seeing a physical altercation.

Control yourself and your ridiculous internetisms.
White knighting is actually a psychological disorder that extends far beyond trying to get into a woman's pants.

JeffBergGold

Aug 3, 2012
Boudica said:
JeffBergGold said:
You can find quite a few right here on the escapist. Michael seems like the kinda guy who would do anything if you speak gingerly to him and pretend to be his friend.
That's a bit rude. Mortai is a cool guy. A bit aggressive sometimes, but heaps of people like him and get along with him.
He probably is a cool guy. I really don't know him as a person. What I can surmise from his forum post though is that he seems like the guy you're looking for! I'm going to engage in some revisionist history and use a different example though. It's bad form to insult a guy who can't defend himself.

itsthesheppy

Mar 28, 2012
JeffBergGold said:
Women are pure and would never commit a crime, while every man is a potential raging murderer.

Women are every bit as likely to be evil as men. The only difference is they're smart enough to get someone else to do their dirty work for them and there are plenty of knights out there willing to do it.

I don't know what fantasy world you're living it but it sure sounds like a pollyanna romanticization of the fairer sex.
I never said or even hinted at any of those things. This is why talking to you MRM guys is so frustrating. To say nothing of how hair-tearingly maddening it is to hear someone who is himself deluded, telling you that you're deluded.

Wild-eyed conspiracy theories are boring, and trying to talk you down off them would be a flat-out waste of my time and energy. Shine on, you crazy diamond. I'm going somewhere the air is a bit fresher and less crazy.

JeffBergGold

Aug 3, 2012
itsthesheppy said:
JeffBergGold said:

I never said or even hinted at any of those things. This is why talking to you MRM guys is so frustrating. To say nothing of how hair-tearingly maddening it is to hear someone who is himself deluded, telling you that you're deluded.

Wild-eyed conspiracy theories are boring, and trying to talk you down off them would be a flat-out waste of my time and energy. Shine on, you crazy diamond. I'm going somewhere the air is a bit fresher and less crazy.
Not a MRM it is a white supremacy and sexual frustration movement a bunch of entitled privileged whiners.

However, the assertion that women enlist other people to commit crime or perform it by proxy is established fact.

Choosing to ignore it because it doesn't fit your world view is childish.

Webb5432

Jul 21, 2009
Okay. In that case, take a look at the muscle differences between males and females, also the attitudes we have adopted as a gender. Males are built towards aggressive or direct responses, and our muscles back us up. Statistically speaking, murders committed by men often involve stabbings, gunshots, or other direct ways of ending the life of the victim.

Females, on the other hand, have less muscle mass and instead adopt a more subtle approach, which as stereotypical as these statements have thus far been, statistically speaking, most murders committed by a woman consist of poisonings or killing the victim in their sleep.

Now, I only know about these because of a book I read a few years ago about the differences in gender and why they are important in fiction (which had a lot of truths to "ground the story in reality") but really, if you had seen a man and a woman fighting over a wallet and a gold chain, who do you think was the victim? I'd have tackled the male without a second thought.

itsthesheppy

Mar 28, 2012
JeffBergGold said:
itsthesheppy said:
JeffBergGold said:

Not a MRM it is a white supremacy and sexual frustration movement a bunch of entitled privileged whiners.
And you sound just like them.

Meditate on that.

MeChaNiZ3D

Aug 30, 2011
Come off it, guys. Any other day they'd be right, I have little doubt that having ascertained the situation or not, they worked off the stereotype that the man would be attacking the woman, but does it matter? The fact is, that particular stereotype probably helps women more than it disadvantages men, this is just the one case in however many where it happens to be wrong.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
As for this case, it just goes to show you that one of the first words you need to learn to speak coherently and fluently is "THIEF!"

Glass Joe the Champ said:
Eri said:
I dunno what else to say really, this all happened because they were being sexist towards men.
Hey guys, let's take a situation we know little about and try to fit it into an ongoing narrative about the horrible wrongdoings of feminism!
Funny, the OP never mentioned feminism, though to be fair, early feminism (and some flavors of current radical feminism) do certainly push "man bad, woman good" as a seemingly fundamental position. For example, early DV statistics simply didn't ask men if they were victims, painting a women=victims, men=perpetrators" image which isn't accurate. A woman forcing sexual intercourse on a man is classed as something like "made to penetrate" or "other sexual harrasment or assault" or other similar categories so that one can talk about "rape" statistics as being the important and meaningful ones while not counting the most common form of female on male sexual violence, one that is literally the same act, but with the "wrong" partner being the one who isn't consenting.

What I find interesting is that if this were people responding to a situation by assuming and acting on a negative stereotype of women, we'd be hearing about how it's inherently sexist and how entire communities/subcultures are to blame.

Trilligan said:
Seems legit.

After all, they're all over the internet with their stupid arguments about how you should be tolerant and treat other people with compassion and respect.

Buncha bullshit's what that is.
I think you've got feminists and bronies confused again...

Mick Golden Blood said:
Women are paid less than man because they tend to prefer to go into different fields that just happen to be less paying, plus parenting issues where they must leave work at times to care for their children. It's not discriminatory.
Even when you account for all known confounding factors, there's still a gender wage gap, and depending on how exactly you weight those factors it ranges from ~7% to ~-7%, with 2-5% being typical. This difference might be due to discrimination, or do to still unknown confounding variables. Either way, it sets a maximum for how much pay difference could be truly discriminatory.

Mick Golden Blood said:
Did you know that a very large percentage of males when they're born are circumcised? I don't see women getting their clitoris cut out when they're born. Would be nice to have the choice huh? I am one of these victims in fact. Fuck im just whining huh, all they did was cut off a piece of skin right, off of my penis without permission? I even have a link. It says it's at it's lowest. orly 54.5% of boy infants penis's cut off the tip is the lowest. women got it so bad in the states. http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2012/02/27/prse0302.htm and the wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_circumcision
You're looking for Type Ia FGM, which is exactly homologous to circumscision (removal of the prepuce [foreskin in males, clitoral hood in females], rendering the glans [head of the penis in males, clitoris in females] external rather than internal, causing keratinization and partial loss of sensation above and beyond the nerves directly removed), and absolutely illegal to perform in the US. Even the least severe varieties of Type IV FGM (Type IV is a catch-all for things that don't fall into another grouping) such as "nick" and "pinprick" procedures are illegal to perform on girls, because it's still FGM. Of course, anti-FGM groups act as though all FGM is infibulation (Type III) which is severe and horrific and really does need an end put to as rapidly and thoroughly as possible.

Most of the arguments against FGM that include "nick", "pinprick", and Type Ia are at a minimum equally valid against circumscision, but using them against it is somehow trying to argue that we *should* engage in lesser forms of FGM by saying we shouldn't subject boys to genital mutilation either. Never quite understood that. Probably has something to do with a combination of sexism and foreskins from circumsized boys being sold at a profit.

Mick Golden Blood said:
Men are recieve 40% more jail time for the exact same crimes compared to women. link: http://misformalevolent.blogspot.com/2009/09/s-is-for-statistics.html
It's not an even 40%, it depends a lot on the severity of the crime. For minor offenses it's not that bad (and being black is much, much worse), but for very serious stuff it's a larger factor and eventually overtakes being black in terms of how it effects the severity of sentences. If you're caught with weed, better to be a white man than a black woman. If you've robbed a bank, it's better to be a black woman than a white man. Black men just get screwed (see Brian Banks, who took that plea deal because he knew the score and the alternative was a much, much longer sentence), and white women get off easier than any other group.

Mick Golden Blood said:
Men are always considered the perpetrators in any situation + Chivalry.
Oh, not in *every* situation. Sometimes there's clear proof he didn't do anything, and sometimes that's enough.

Mick Golden Blood said:
Note: I could go on and on about how men get fucked just cus they're men, mostly by the legal system.
My personal favorite is that not having fathered the child is not a defense against child support. So long as you were deceived long enough for the ink to dry on the birth certificate with your name on it.

Another good one. Do you remember that case where a woman was raped, the alleged rapist failed to be indicted, and she was kicked off the cheerleading team for refusing to cheer when he was supposed to be cheered, and what a horrific injustice that was? There are multiple cases where a woman committs statutory rape against a boy, gets pregnant, names him as the father, and not only doesn't even get charged let alone convicted, but claims child support. Apparently getting kicked off the cheerleaders for not cheering your rapist who got off by not being indicted is a worse fate than giving a third of your income for two decades to your rapist, who is openly declaring she is such without charge.

Schadrach

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 20, 2010
Country
US
itsthesheppy said:
JeffBergGold said:

Actually, if you want an example of his position being culturally reinforced (though I make no promises that this remains the case outside the US and in English), but listen to the news, and pay close attention to when people are explicitly gendered or not. Victims and good people will tend to only be gendered if female, criminals and the like only gendered if male. This minimizes the idea of female perpetrators and male victims. Sometimes a male on the wrong "side" of this equation will be indirectly gendered as a reault of someone else's involvement. Indirect gendering by giving proper names also occurs with some frequency (though it usually doesn't persist beyond use of the name, with gendering of common nouns describing that person being as above). This all goes out the window when the topic is specifically tied to someone's gender, innately (such as the Catherine Kieu case which should be hitting trial soon).

A man shooting up a place is a "gunman" a woman doing the same is a "shooter". Male victims get referred to by ungendered job titles if possible (such as "miner" or "driver" or whatever). That kind of thing. It's really blatantly pervasive if you listen for it.

J Tyran

Dec 15, 2011
The mistake they made was getting involved at all. Personally I would have called 999 and kept driving. I am not risking getting stabbed, shot or getting robbed myself.

ReaperzXIII

Jan 3, 2010
This is literally the most ridiculous argument ever, I mean it basically sounds like this to me: "Damn sexism, making men more likely to help a female they think is in trouble". Its a misunderstanding big whoop.

This isn't just even a societal thing, men are practically hard wired to protect females, it makes sense from an evolutionary standpoint as the chances of reproduction and species survival increase if the woman is still alive to care/birth children.

MrPanafonic

Oct 4, 2011
J Tyran said:
The mistake they made was getting involved at all. Personally I would have called 999 and kept driving. I am not risking getting stabbed, shot or getting robbed myself.
You mean 911 right?