Woman robs man on side of road, Two "samaritans" help her because she's a woman

Calibanbutcher

Elite Member
Nov 29, 2009
AugustFall said:
I don't often come to the Escapist anymore.

But when I do the top threads are always based on misogyny/perceived double standards from a childish male's point of view or are pro-pedophilia (Not even kidding).

The other threads are all about how women only date jerks.

Thus: See line one.
But we also have drowning polls, dogs and manatees.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
Boudica said:
  • Man trying to restrain a woman
    Man attacking a woman
    Witnesses assume the man is hurting the woman
    Witnesses restrain the man
The victim reported that he was attacked by an unknown female as he was walking down the street, then robbed of about $400 in cash and a gold chain valued at about $500, according to Hellwig.

The victim said he tried to prevent his assailant from leaving the area, engaging her in a physical struggle, when the passing motorists apparently intervened, restraining him but not assaulting him, Hellwig said.
Attacking isn't exactly the right word. We weren't there so we can hardly have an accurate image of the event but the article doesn't exactly make it sound like he was the aggressor. Even if the situation was as you described I'm inclined to believe that there was still some amount of gender stereotyping going on.

But, given that you're quite clearly sexist, I'm going to leave this argument here because there'll be no winning.
Seriously? He is not sexist! You would think the same thing in the heat of the moment. If I saw a smaller man struggling by a larger man I would think the larger man was at fault. If I saw a man struggling with a woman I am going to think the man is at fault. Why are you calling people sexist for actually thinking about what they would do in the moment. Hind sight is 20/20 man. When I was in a fight with a kid much bigger than me and got free I wasn't thinking maybe I should get help from a teacher I was thinking fuck it I am going to kill this mother fucker. When adrenaline and testosterone are pumping your mind processes information to quick for you to actually logically think about it. You kniw people like you and the op are worst than sexists. You see something that isn't sexist at all but you think might have a hint of sexism and you blow it out of proportion.

Eri

The Light of Dawn
Feb 21, 2009
The_Lost_King said:
Seriously? He is not sexist! You would think the same thing in the heat of the moment. If I saw a smaller man struggling by a larger man I would think the larger man was at fault. If I saw a man struggling with a woman I am going to think the man is at fault. Why are you calling people sexist for actually thinking about what they would do in the moment.
Because what you just said is the literal definition of sexism. Sorry you don't seem to understand that.

The_Lost_King

Oct 7, 2011
Eri said:
The_Lost_King said:
Seriously? He is not sexist! You would think the same thing in the heat of the moment. If I saw a smaller man struggling by a larger man I would think the larger man was at fault. If I saw a man struggling with a woman I am going to think the man is at fault. Why are you calling people sexist for actually thinking about what they would do in the moment.
Because what you just said is the literal definition of sexism. Sorry you don't seem to understand that.
It isn't sexist. It is going off of the information of women aren't meant to be strong and burly like men. They are supposed to be agile and gracefull. Men and women's bodies are built different. Men's bodies are built to be super muscular and women's aren't. IT isn't sexist it is simple facts and biology. If it is sexist, well then it isn't the horrible kind of sexist that you make it out to be. In the moment we might think women are weaker but when we have time to think about it that is when it will show whether someone is truly sexist or not. If they are truly sexist they will always outright state women are inferior. Non sexists will think women can do everything a man can do, but some of it will take more work than it would for a man. Men were the physical laborers in ancient times do we evolved to suit that way of life. Women did the less physical tasks so the evolved in a different way. Science supports that usually the man is going to be the aggressor. If anything it is sexist against men because we think men are always violent assholes).

Pyramid Head

Jun 19, 2011
Mick Golden Blood said:
So the best you can come up with in response is a strawman and more of the same argument relating to a benign procedure which actually has been done for centuries? C'mon, you're making the right wing nuts here look like qualified debaters. My complaint was that the information source you posted was a biased blog which i couldn't pull raw data from and which posted suspect numbers, if you're claim about bigotry aimed towards men in the criminal justice system is true, you should be able to find a legitimate citation to your claims. If you're not prepared to present citations, don't make the claim. And for the love of fuck, look up what a foreskin actually is because even if research for and against circumcision is old you are making it a much MUCH bigger deal than it actually is. Don't forget, it's on you to prove to me that misandry has become a bigger problem than misogyny in America as you're the one who made that claim, i'm here to disprove you. I'll post my counter claim of why misogyny is still a bigger deal after you've made a serious argument.

Dense_Electric

Jul 29, 2009
Pyramid Head said:
Mick Golden Blood said:
Pyramid Head said:
Dense_Electric said:
This might be *slightly* off topic, but what the hell is with the obscene number of people on this forum who just automatically deny every example of sexism against men? It seems to me like every time a male is discriminated against for being male, a hundred people immediately pounce in and loudly pretend that it isn't discrimination or that "men have it so much better" (usually whilst simultaneously accusing the other side of saying the same thing).

If you're one of those people, I have a newsflash for you: NO ONE IS CLAIMING THAT WOMEN AREN'T DISCRIMINATED AGAINST. NO ONE IS DENYING THAT WOMEN WERE SECOND-CLASS CITIZENS FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS. NO ONE IS PRETENDING THAT WOMEN DON'T HAVE IT FAR WORSE IN MOST THIRD-WORLD COUNTRIES.

However, the FACT of the matter is that there is a lot of discrimination against men in first world nations, to the point that discrimination against the sexes has become roughly equal. Men certainly don't have it any better in modern, western nations, don't pretend that we do. For every example of discrimination against women you could possibly cite, I could cite an equivalent against men.

[/rant]
All i have to say to that is BULL FUCKING SHIT! Women are still paid less than men, discriminated against far FAR more than men, and there is still a real problem with sexism in this country. Yes there is some anti male bias on occasion, but that allegation that it is on par with what women face even in developed nations is absurd at best and horribly ignorant at worst.
Women are paid less than man because they tend to prefer to go into different fields that just happen to be less paying, plus parenting issues where they must leave work at times to care for their children. It's not discriminatory.

Discriminated against far more than men. That's all you have to say after mentioning only one example?

Sexism. Got it.

It is especially bad in the States, in other nations I will disagree, yes, but in the US it's pretty bad.

Did you know that a very large percentage of males when they're born are circumcised? I don't see women getting their clitoris cut out when they're born. Would be nice to have the choice huh? I am one of these victims in fact. Fuck im just whining huh, all they did was cut off a piece of skin right, off of my penis without permission? I even have a link. It says it's at it's lowest. orly 54.5% of boy infants penis's cut off the tip is the lowest. women got it so bad in the states. http://www.ama-assn.org/amednews/2012/02/27/prse0302.htm and the wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prevalence_of_circumcision

Men are recieve 40% more jail time for the exact same crimes compared to women. link: http://misformalevolent.blogspot.com/2009/09/s-is-for-statistics.html

Men are always considered the perpetrators in any situation + Chivalry.

Note: I could go on and on about how men get fucked just cus they're men, mostly by the legal system.

To say women have it so much worse is pretty far-fetched. It is hard to measure because both sides have pretty big differences in HOW they're discriminated but it's clear it's close enough that this shit about how women have it so much worse is rather ignorant. Especially considering the rather justifiable idea that the statistics for men and sexual assaults against them are extremely skewed due to the fact that men are largely raised to keep to themselves no matter what happens in case it destroys they're "manliness" I am going to assume. Whereas women are raised to be very open with others thus they're are more likely to be willing to confess of being victims of sexual assault.

So you dismiss statistical averages as "Women take lower paying jobs," try to compare a procedure with proven health benefits like reduced STD risk to painful genital mutilation with no possible benefits done specifically to reduce a woman's sexual pleasure, and try to make what could have been a valid point but then post an extremely biased blog post as your citation which i couldn't pull raw data from.

Quite a stupendous way to make a bad first impression i must say. Want to try again in proving men have it worse than women? Or do you want to admit that even if minor examples of anti-male sexism do exist, they hardly stack up against anti-women sexism which is especially pervasive due to the power held by misogynistic politicians?
Pardon my late reply, but since you asked for examples (note that all of these pertain to the United States, I don't know what of this is true in other countries)...

- Men are required to register for selective service, women are not.

- Men pay more for auto, life, and (I believe) home insurance, women typically only pay more for health insurance.

- Men often receive longer prison sentences than women for the same crime.

- Men are, in society's mind, the only ones capable of rape or domestic violence.

- Men are far less likely to receive custody of their children in divorce cases.

- Men are routinely discriminated against at bars and clubs (and it's justified as a "business practice").

- Some people still perpetuate the idea that men are "supposed to pay" on dates, even in cases where the wages of the couple are equal.

- Men pay more into social security and receive less of it (by this point, what wage gap still exists has certainly been nullified and then some).

- Significantly more women-only scholarships and other sources of financial aid exist than do men-only.

- Far more women-only shelters exist than do men-only shelters.

- To society, male-on-female violence is a horrible tragedy. Female-on-male violence is funny and cause for celebration.

- And to top it all off, sexism against women is treated as a real and serious issue. As people like you prove, sexism against men is often trivialized and often outright denied.