Women: Do you find facial hair attractive on guys?

Uszi

Feb 10, 2008
keybird said:
I'm full blooded Italian so I know what facial hair is attractive and what is'nt. It really depends on the man, not the beard/stash/goatee/fuzz
I'm Polish, and I confuse my native people with bears.

Actually, every time I sit down with Italians, Greeks, fellow Slavs, I find the conversation inevitably descends into a "which is the hairiest ethnicity" debate.

Tranka Verrane

Jul 21, 2008
Doitpow said:
I grow facial hair to actively repel women when I'm not interested in a relationship. That seems to work.
No woman has ever complemented my facial hair, many remark that I look better when I shave. So from my experience, no.

Edit: wow just realised I sound like I think I'm a some kind of lady-killer, I'm not...at all. I mean my girlfirends say I look better with no facial hair.
Edit:Edit Girl-friends
Ever hear of peacocking? Women often flirt by actively pointing out what they dislike. So having something that repels women doesn't always work. Not when you can get rid of it so easily. Now a beer gut on the other hand...

OT: It depends on the man and the type of beard/hair. Some men have faces that need facial hair to work. Jonathan Frakes, for instance. Moustaches, though, are hardly ever good.

Abbyrose07

Mar 31, 2010
I like stubble, 5 O'clock shadows, goatees etc but if it's a beard long enough that I can braid it and you can get crumbs in it then no...lol

Aerodyamic

Aug 14, 2009
Emilie Diabolica said:
i dont. mainly because it's very uncomfortable to kiss, and makes men's faces rather rough. i also tend to like more.. effeminate men, so it doesnt work for me.

heh, i must have been rather annoying for my ex, asking him to shave off his stubble before we went out or kissed etc..
So, by you choice of words, I assume you prefer 'emo boys' (for lack of a better term)

Why on earth would you need a second pussy?

OT: My girlfriend prefers her men with facial hair; mind you, she likes men that practically glisten with testosterone, and facial hair is a secondary sexual characteristic tied to testosterone.

Fortunately, my biker goatee, mustache and mutton-chop-burns are just fine by her.

Monocle Man

Apr 14, 2009
Aerodyamic said:
Emilie Diabolica said:
i dont. mainly because it's very uncomfortable to kiss, and makes men's faces rather rough. i also tend to like more.. effeminate men, so it doesnt work for me.

heh, i must have been rather annoying for my ex, asking him to shave off his stubble before we went out or kissed etc..
So, by you choice of words, I assume you prefer 'emo boys' (for lack of a better term)

I am going to do a wild guess and generalisation here, but I am guessing it's some sort of "crying fetish" and real men only cry for the loss of the bear they've wrestled.
So they pick the slightly less manly men who may cry at lesser occasions like the death of close relatives to be able to see them cry more often.

Yes! This is it! I've figured out women! Now I can earn a fortune by giving dating advice even though I have no personal experience!

Gildan Bladeborn

Aug 11, 2009
I seemed to get a bunch of positive comments from various women I interacted with after I grew my goatee (coworkers, customers, extended family, etc) - but they had all seen me without one previously. Nobody ever mentions it now because I've just always had it as far as they know - I've been sporting this look for... 6 years now(?), so a not inconsiderable percentage of my social interactions are with people who've never seen what I look like without the beard.

KimberlyGoreHound

Mar 17, 2010
Yes! From fuzz to viking beards, facial hair is awesome, as long as it's the right type for the right guy (ie: thin guy with a ZZ Top beard looks ridiculous, and pedostaches are awful), I fully support it.

Oh, and no handlebars.

Kiriona

Apr 8, 2010
I'm not really one for a full blown beard. I love Santa Clause, but that much beard is just too much for a boyfriend. I prefer fuzz. That way it doesn't tickle during a kiss, but it still has a nice, rough texture.

Ellstar1987

Nov 19, 2009
I like my beard, but its only there because i'm too lazy to shave.

would probly get rid, if asked.

SnipErlite

Aug 16, 2009
ColdStorage said:
I once grew a handlebar moustache, I looked bad ass.
And why did you not keep it?!?!? Handlebars are awesome!

OT: Personally, no. But then I'm not a woman.

I'll see myself out.

Emilie Diabolica

May 26, 2009
Aerodyamic said:
Emilie Diabolica said:

oh god NO!
i keep myself a wide berth AWAY from emos in general. i still manage to find effeminate boys here and there. and as for the second pussy thing, i'm a bit bisexual. so it works for me either way...
*shrugs*

Monocle Man said:
I am going to do a wild guess and generalisation here, but I am guessing it's some sort of "crying fetish" and real men only cry for the loss of the bear they've wrestled.
So they pick the slightly less manly men who may cry at lesser occasions like the death of close relatives to be able to see them cry more often.

Yes! This is it! I've figured out women! Now I can earn a fortune by giving dating advice even though I have no personal experience!
I'm really confused.... Mind re-phrasing that?
:s

Indecizion

Aug 11, 2009
rofl i hope so i mean i do love to have my goatee i need a new one now too :S had to shave for my current job...

Bellvedere

Jul 31, 2008
Yes! I love beards. They are ace. There are a couple of rules though. If your a blonde, even a sandy blonde then you can have stubble but everything else looks dumb. If you grow can only grow pervy moustache you can have it so long as you have a full beard to accompany it. No just chops. Chops with beard, chops with moustache that's fine. No just chops. If you have brown or black hair if/when you start to grow a whole heap ginger hairs in your beard that means it's time to trim. Ginger bits are gross. That is all.

AmayaOnnaOtaku

The Babe with the Power
Mar 11, 2010
I love a goatee or a soulpatch. just dont shave the chest hair I LOVE chest hair. Love to run my fingers through it as I sleep

saintchristopher

Goes "Ding" When There's Stuff.
Aug 14, 2009
They better. Check out my avatar; I'm more beard than man. Hopefully it will be enough to distract you from the stunningly drunk face directly above the epic beard.

twistedshadows

Apr 26, 2009
Not only is it a matter of personal preference, but it also depends on the guy and the style. Some look good with it, some don't.

It's sort of like asking guys if they prefer girls with long hair or short hair. There will always be mixed answers.

Goldeneye1989

Deathwalker
Mar 9, 2009
Labyrinth said:
This is very heteronormative of you, Fox. I'm almost disappointed that you couldn't take the extra three hours to include every demographic, sexuality and taste. How lazy!

Sandpaper face is bad. Seriously bad. I don't care how badass the man thinks he looks, close contact is abrasive. If the hair is long enough to be soft, sure, though the style depends on the facial structure of the man in question. Clean shaven is often worthwhile because it really works for some people.

But seriously, no fucking sandpaper face.

That is the first time i have ever heard the term sandpaper face, and god i love it, i must create an army of sandpaper faces!