Women in Arkham Knight

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
Ok knowing I might being in for the flaming of a life time. I just want to see where this rabbit hole goes. Anyway anyone else think the women are aging bad in arkham. I admit might be the graph leap or yes life has been ruff on these girls. Which would even make sence because well arkham.

Still the more I look at the likes of Poison Ivy the woman who sexuality is her weapon or cat woman. Vs most of the male cast. With Night Wing and robin make sence becuase they are coming into adult hood. However people like two face, Riddler and batman seem to have aged fine if at all. Just wondering everyone else thoughs.

stroopwafel

Elite Member
Jul 16, 2013
Hmm..not to stir the pot but feminine beauty can mostly be ascribed to the influence of estrogen, and when women age so do their estrogen levels decline. Ever noticed how elderly men and women look often very much alike? That's my point. :p

Men on the other hand don't have such a decline in hormones so given the right circumstances can be 'preserved' a bit better. Totally different story if they grow fat and bald ofcourse. :p

someguy1231

Apr 3, 2015
Catwoman looks even younger compared to how she did in Arkham City. Harley Quinn looks as sexy as ever. As for Poison Ivy, I'm wondering if her change in appearance might be plot-related. As you point out, her sexuality has always been her biggest weapon, so maybe her declining appearance hints that she's losing her power or something?

someguy1231

Apr 3, 2015
stroopwafel said:
Hmm..not to stir the pot but feminine beauty can mostly be ascribed to the influence of estrogen, and when women age so do their estrogen levels decline. Ever noticed how elderly men and women look often very much alike? That's my point. :p

Men on the other hand don't have such a decline in hormones so given the right circumstances can be 'preserved' a bit better. Totally different story if they grow fat and bald ofcourse. :p
Yeah, that's a good point too. Women's fertility starts to decline in the mid-30s and is almost gone completely by the mid-40s. Men, on the other hand, can keep, uhh, "making babies" for much longer. ;)

IceStar100

Jan 5, 2009
someguy1231 said:
Catwoman looks even younger compared to how she did in Arkham City. Harley Quinn looks as sexy as ever. As for Poison Ivy, I'm wondering if her change in appearance might be plot-related. As you point out, her sexuality has always been her biggest weapon, so maybe her declining appearance hints that she's losing her power or something?
Would make some sence. Why she so friendly to batman. She know her days as ivy are coming to a close. Alot of people change when somethings coming to an end. Catwomen's might be becuase she gone from happy go lucky to just worn out. Heck people look older when they are tired of life.

ExDeath730

Mar 13, 2012
I cast another vote in her powers having some issues as well, probably because at the end they can be toxic to herself and just years later are manifesting it? I just hope she can get...How can i say...Recharged, she is one of my favorite villains.

She and Batman actually getting along is...Normal in the comics, specially after No Man's Land, where they needed to cooperate a lot, but even before that, they had some kind of mutual respect, so, i can see this relationship developing this way in the Arkham games as well.

Johnny Novgorod

Bebop Man
Legacy
Feb 9, 2012
I thought Ivy didn't look as good as in Asylum or City, but Catwoman and Harley look fine as hell.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
They all look good to me. Catwoman looks even better I think. Okay, Ivy's not as green as she was, but otherwise I think they all look fine.

Bob_McMillan

Elite Member
Aug 28, 2014
Country
Philippines
I think everyone looks better. Probably because everyone looked like shit in Asylum and City.