Women of the Escapist! What do you find sexy?

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
5,017
2,424
118
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Gender
Cuttlefish
I'm currently working on the designs of several characters for a personal project I have and I'm currently stuck on the design of one of the characters. This character is supposed to be the lord of a city and he's meant to be handsome but due to my own sexuality, I'm not sure what constitutes attractive to women.

Now you might say that what this or that person finds attractive is subjective and so if I get someone's opinion then it's just their own personal view on this but that's actually even more helpful because I want him to be atypically attractive.

This thread could also create an interesting discussion on what men and women find attractive (So long as people stay civil...) so that would be a boon as well. So, can you help me?
 

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
6,438
0
0
Please say slightly over weight men with shabby facial hair. Please say slightly over weight men with shabby facial hair...

MarsAtlas said:
Honestly I like more feminine men. The sort that you find being the sub in the yaoi you find in dark corners of the internet like DeviantArt. No surprise that I tend to be more physically dominant in the relationship with men as well. I find a man that can open himself to a woman to be quite attractive, though thats probably due to most guys having a problem doing that.
God damn it!
 

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
6,438
0
0
MarsAtlas said:
AccursedTheory said:
Please say slightly over weight men with shabby facial hair. Please say slightly over weight men with shabby facial hair...

MarsAtlas said:
Honestly I like more feminine men. The sort that you find being the sub in the yaoi you find in dark corners of the internet like DeviantArt. No surprise that I tend to be more physically dominant in the relationship with men as well. I find a man that can open himself to a woman to be quite attractive, though thats probably due to most guys having a problem doing that.
God damn it!

Well you know there's more than one way to open yourself up to a woman...
You're right.

Do you prefer a cut along the spine, that opens up a good view of the lungs, or just the standard Bowel Opening cut?

Unless you mean the other kind of opening up, in which case, God damn it!
 

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
5,017
2,424
118
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Gender
Cuttlefish
MarsAtlas said:
Honestly I like more feminine men. The sort that you find being the sub in the yaoi you find in dark corners of the internet like DeviantArt. No surprise that I tend to be more physically dominant in the relationship with men as well. I find a man that can open himself to a woman to be quite attractive, though thats probably due to most guys having a problem doing that.
GAAAAHHHH! Yaoi fangirls everywhere!
 

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
3,676
0
0
Generally, slim guys with a little bit of muscle, but not a lot.
Also, dudes that are quite pretty face-wise, and don't have facial hair.

Congrats on your face.

Or, y'know, Dante from DMC, he's cute. (Old Dante, New Dante reminds me of the Scout from TF2).
 

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
382
0
0
1. Mike Ness
2. Mike Park
3. Mike Ryan as John Constantine
4. Mike Dirnt
5. Mike Herrerra

Bonus: Jonah Hill/Justin Long
 

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
5,017
2,424
118
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
Gender
Cuttlefish
MarsAtlas said:
Specter Von Baren said:
[GAAAAHHHH! Yaoi fangirls everywhere!
Come play with us. Come play with us. It won't cost you a thing.

Free!


YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
No! I refuse! You already ruined Yu-Gi-Oh in my youth with Kaiba having a Blue Eyes White Dildo up his butt while having sex with Joey in a dog suit! You won't ruin my adulthood too!
 

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
2,151
0
0
MarsAtlas said:
Honestly I like more feminine men. -snip-
I like more feminine guys too, that's not just limited to looks, but also mannerism and personal expression. Nothing is worse than a guy who pulls macho "I'm the manliest man!" bullshit. I mean by this a guy who can be comfortable in a skirt, or dress, or while wearing make up, but still be himself. Though not limited to that either... Having a traditionally interests, or mannerisms are totally attractive, so long as the guy isn't playing such things up to the point of being obnoxious.

Well toned is a plus, but not to the point of being too muscular, like above fit... Bulky muscle is just as bad as being too fat... That said, I like flabby and rotund guys, so long as they're not so fat it's gross. Like an Orson Wells, or Alfred Hitchcock build is acceptable but someone like Michael Moore is way over the line. Though it matters how well they wear it too, for example Gabriel Iglesias is kinda cute to me, where as Ralphie May just wears it badly. Like John Goodman, I find him somewhat attractive, Bruce Vilanch is just horrifying. Arnold Schwarchenegger in Terminator was about the peak of muscle bulk for me, at the peak of his body building, he was gross.

So basically a sexy guy to me is not fat or muscle bound to extremes, but can push the limits, so long as it fits him. He's comfortable with his gender identity and sexuality to the point where wearing a skirt, or hugging another guy doesn't make him freak out. Not a victim of plastic surgery to the point where he looks like a botched Ken doll. Etc...

Though ideally I like a guy who can pass for and function as a girl the most, but I'm also a little odd.
 

Tiger King

Regular Member
Legacy
Oct 23, 2010
837
0
11
Country
USA
American Fox said:
1. Justin Long
2. Mike Park
3. Mike Ryan as John Constantine
4. Mike Dirnt
5. Mike Herrerra

Bonus: Jonah Hill
Soooo...... Basically just be called Mike ?
 

American Fox

Le Best Tank
Aug 14, 2012
382
0
0
carlsberg export said:
American Fox said:
1. Mike Ness
2. Mike Park
3. Mike Ryan as John Constantine
4. Mike Dirnt
5. Mike Herrerra

Bonus: Jonah Hill/Justin Long
Soooo...... Basically just be called Mike ?
Someone found a joke left out in the open!
 

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
3,676
0
0
Fallow said:
Phasmal said:
Generally, slim guys with a little bit of muscle, but a lot.
Sometimes I just don't understand women...
Hahahaha, whoops. That's supposed to say not a lot.
I'll fix it.

But yeah, to avoid low content, I'm not a girl who likes a lot of bulk. I once knew a guy who was training to be a bodybuilder who had a crush on me. He was an okay guy, but just totally not my type romantically.
 

s0denone

New member
Apr 25, 2008
1,195
0
0
While I am not a woman, I think I should point out that if you're attempting to appeal to a wide audience with your game; bear in mind that there a lot of outliers on the Escapist.

While I am sure that a lot of women also like effeminate men outside of here, there seems to be a general perception that men should be more like men, and many women prefer that.

Nobody wishes for the emotionally stunted macho meathead, but the man who is protective, self-assured and "larger-than-life" is something a lot of women long for, I daresay.
 

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
3,676
0
0
s0denone said:
While I am not a woman, I think I should point out that if you're attempting to appeal to a wide audience with your game; bear in mind that there a lot of outliers on the Escapist.

While I am sure that a lot of women also like effeminate men outside of here, there seems to be a general perception that men should be more like men, and many women prefer that.

Nobody wishes for the emotionally stunted macho meathead, but the man who is protective, self-assured and "larger-than-life" is something a lot of women long for, I daresay.
Outliers of what? Being women?

I'm not offended or anything, I'm not even one of the women who likes particularly feminine guys, that just sounded odd to me.

OT: Oh you know who else is hot? Kit Harrington. Tom Hiddleston too.
 

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
802
0
0
s0denone said:
While I am not a woman, I think I should point out that if you're attempting to appeal to a wide audience with your game; bear in mind that there a lot of outliers on the Escapist.
Yep... I think Raven in the sexiest man in the entire Tales of franchise, but everyone else seems to like the long haired bishonen characters...
 

s0denone

New member
Apr 25, 2008
1,195
0
0
Phasmal said:
Outliers of what? Being women?

I'm not offended or anything, I'm not even one of the women who likes particularly feminine guys, that just sounded odd to me.

OT: Oh you know who else is hot? Kit Harrington. Tom Hiddleston too.
Outliers in their preference...


NPC009 said:
Yep... I think Raven in the sexiest man in the entire Tales of franchise, but everyone else seems to like the long haired bishonen characters...
Yeah I haven't a clue about Tales nor about Raven, so I'll take your word for it.
 

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011
3,676
0
0
s0denone said:
Outliers in their preference...
Fair enough. Ladies of the Escapist just like the weird stuff.
NPC009 said:
s0denone said:
While I am not a woman, I think I should point out that if you're attempting to appeal to a wide audience with your game; bear in mind that there a lot of outliers on the Escapist.
Yep... I think Raven in the sexiest man in the entire Tales of franchise, but everyone else seems to like the long haired bishonen characters...
I googled him, he's cute. But I also like the long haired bishonen guys.