Women of the Escapist! What do you find sexy?

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
1,434
0
0
s0denone said:
EternallyBored said:
I don't think the attraction to more effeminate or bishonen characters is really much of an outlier, given the popularity of such characters in media, I would call all of the preferences expressed so far pretty mainstream, perhaps with the exception of amyss, but non binary isn't really a thorough physical descriptor so I can only make assumptions.

It's sort of like the argument guys have between being attracted to large busty women versus smaller "cuter" women, the general trend I see with women is that a large chunk of attraction falls along a sort of bulky to sleek scale. Looking at the biggest female heartthrobs actually makes the above Hemsworth to Hiddleston scale a somewhat decent indicator of where the majority falls somewhere between the two.

So yeah, so far at least in this thread, I'm not seeing any outliers, I'm not a woman, but from what I've seen outside the Internet, attraction to more slim or feminine looking guys is not an outlier, it's a pretty mainstream look, one driven by anime, boy bands, and young adult media.
We are both kind of speaking out of turn I suppose, but I cannot help but feel that if you move outside of the "geek"/"nerd"/"introvert" or whatever you want to call the stereotypical Escapist (no offense meant to anyone, I am part of you myself after all :eek:)) then the vast majority of women, at least that I've encountered, prefer a man to be a man. Not for him to necessarily be a big fat slob or an overproportioned meathead, but for him to display a lot of stereotypical masculine and (dare i say) even macho traits.

Especially the bodytype thing, where a man is exceptionally slim and almost totally devoid of muscle, making him look effeminate before he has done anything else, doesn't really exist outside of these particular sub-cultures.
Except all the pictures posted have at least some muscle definition, so I'm not sure where you're getting the almost totally devoid of muscle thing from, bishonen types tend to have At least some definition, even popular androgynous ************ Sephiroth has got muscle tone. The slim body type is not some outlier, even outside of geeky subcultures, boy band groups and young adult characters have little muscle tone and are massively popular amongst the general populace, not just geeky subcultures.

We might see a specific body type more heavily favored within geeky subcultures, so we could say the answers will likely trend towards one end of the spectrum more than the general populace, but I find it far fetched to think that anywhere close to a majority, or even a plurality of answers here will be actual outliers on the scale of female attraction, the slim body type is very much mainstream, so is a more muscled body type, I've seen plenty of women outside of introverted or geeky subcultures go gaga over smaller sleeker built men.

In the end, you are right that we are both jumping the gun a bit, it is a presumption as no hard data exists for the escapist, but I find it hard to swallow that just being a part of an introverted subculture would cause most people's preferences to skew so far outside of the mainstream. If you asked a similar question of the men here I would find it believable that some would prefer outliers like the weird proportions of some anime and video game women or preferring Furries over humans, but I'd be willing to bet most answers would fall somewhere in the range of mainstream sensibilities.
 

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
4,896
0
0
Hmmm..... I'm sensing that the talent of going mostly bald by 24 is not really appreciated here.
 

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
6,438
0
0
MarsAtlas said:
blackrave said:
There, there
You're not alone in your pain.

I know sample size of this thread is minuscule, but I can't help myself feeling a bit sad while reading it.
Apparently most girls here doesn't like steak
[sub][sub][sub]fucking vegans with their fucking herbivore diet ruining fucking everything since forever grumble grumble grumble... [/sub][/sub][/sub]
What kind of fucking bullshit is this? I love me some steak.

Admittedly though if I had the money and the means to go vegetarian I probably would.
Suddenly, I don't feel so bad anymore.
 

RedDeadFred

Illusions, Michael!
May 13, 2009
4,896
0
0
Sable Gear said:
RedDeadFred said:
Hmmm..... I'm sensing that the talent of going mostly bald by 24 is not really appreciated here.
Depends, is the rest of you cute? =)
Probably not. I'm otherwise fairly unremarkable to look at. I suppose personality plays a factor into cute, but on a physical level, nope.
MarsAtlas said:
RedDeadFred said:
Hmmm..... I'm sensing that the talent of going mostly bald by 24 is not really appreciated here.
Balding or bald? There's a difference, after all.
Balding, but it has come to the point where I'm probably just going to to shave it completely. For whatever reason, I've been reluctant to pull the trigger on that despite being fairly certain that I would look better.
 

Silvanus

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 15, 2013
8,478
3,962
118
Country
United Kingdom
You after specifically the tastes of the female Escapees, or just man-lovers in general?

Skatologist said:
Like what do you want a guy to open? Their heart? Mind? Ears? Mouth? Perhaps something a bit more "cheeky"? Or just an "all of the above"?
Wallet.
 

KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime

Lolita Style, The Best Style!
Jan 12, 2010
2,151
0
0
RedDeadFred said:
MarsAtlas said:
RedDeadFred said:
Hmmm..... I'm sensing that the talent of going mostly bald by 24 is not really appreciated here.
Balding or bald? There's a difference, after all.
Balding, but it has come to the point where I'm probably just going to to shave it completely. For whatever reason, I've been reluctant to pull the trigger on that despite being fairly certain that I would look better.
I dunno, so long as you wear it in a distinguished way it could work for you, after all Sir Patrick Stewart made it work.
 

BreakfastMan

Scandinavian Jawbreaker
Jul 22, 2010
4,367
0
0
Objectable said:
You know Roman Reigns?
Just be that. That guy.
Be a cousin to a beloved wrestler? Or be hated by basically everyone? Because I only fit one of those two options, at the moment...
 
Sep 13, 2009
1,589
0
0
s0denone said:
We are both kind of speaking out of turn I suppose, but I cannot help but feel that if you move outside of the "geek"/"nerd"/"introvert" or whatever you want to call the stereotypical Escapist (no offense meant to anyone, I am part of you myself after all :eek:)) then the vast majority of women, at least that I've encountered, prefer a man to be a man.
Considering how male ballet dancers are generally considered to be pretty damn hot, I'm not sure that this vast majority bit holds. That, or men and women have overall different ideas of what makes a man a man.
 

balladbird

Master of Lancer
Legacy
Jan 25, 2012
972
2
13
Country
United States
Gender
male
The Almighty Aardvark said:
s0denone said:
We are both kind of speaking out of turn I suppose, but I cannot help but feel that if you move outside of the "geek"/"nerd"/"introvert" or whatever you want to call the stereotypical Escapist (no offense meant to anyone, I am part of you myself after all :eek:)) then the vast majority of women, at least that I've encountered, prefer a man to be a man.
Considering how male ballet dancers are generally considered to be pretty damn hot, I'm not sure that this vast majority bit holds. That, or men and women have overall different ideas of what makes a man a man.
.

Is it not how many roads he walks down?
... I'm sorry...

Anyway,

I'm not a woman, so my opinion probably doesn't hold much sway to the discussion, but if it's any consolation the opinions of the gals in my social circle basically fall in line with what's been said here
 
Sep 13, 2009
1,589
0
0
balladbird said:
Is it not how many roads he walks down?
... I'm sorry...
Be sorry. Be very sorry.

Anyway,

I'm not a woman, so my opinion probably doesn't hold much sway to the discussion, but if it's any consolation the opinions of the gals in my social circle basically fall in line with what's been said here

Yeah, I'm not one either. Girls in my social circle for the most part find really masculine men to be pretty unappealing, though I wouldn't say that that's the norm. Tastes tend to vary pretty widely between women, just as they do in men. That being said, I know that ballet dancers are considered attractive by more than just a niche group of women.
 

Jei-chan

Inquisitor-Hierarch
Apr 18, 2011
34
0
0
I honestly think that a lot of women probably have different kind of... compartments for things they find straight-up sexy and things that actually attract them to men they know personally. Like there's obviously a market in advertising super muscular guys like the Rock and everyone in Magic Mike, but the same women that get gooey-eyed over Channing Tatum might be perfectly attracted to their boyfriend of basically any bodytype as well. Or rather, I suspect this applies to all people of whatever gender.

I myself basically have a whole spectrum. For any one fact I could try to state, there's usually at least one exception (example: not usually a big fan of prominent facial hair, the most looming exception in my mind being Eomer from Lord of the Rings). That's sort of how it goes, though. You might have two people fancy both Thranduil AND Thor, for two entirely different reasons.

Advertising executives will tell you focus-testing says build 'em like the Rock, though. Not sure whether you prefer to go for methods used by Hollywood or focus on your own polling.
 

Extra-Ordinary

Elite Member
Mar 17, 2010
2,065
0
41
Xsjadoblayde said:
*Jots down potentially useless information for faking future good impressions to trick unsuspecting lady-humans into dark mancage for cuddles and friendship and maybe videogame fun times*

Ahah! Nothing can stop me now!

*Runs off into trees with your prized bottle of vintage wine*
First of all, you get back here with that wine, my mother bought me that at a Steve Miller concert.

Anyway, I'm doing a similar thing, instead of taking notes I'm looking for affirmation that I'm a perfect specimen the way I am.

For instance:

Phasmal said:
Generally, slim guys
Oh yeah, baby.
Phasmal said:
with a little bit of muscle, but not a lot.
Huh, well, I got none, that's basically the same as not a lot, right?
 

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
5,147
0
0
MarsAtlas said:
SweetShark said:
oh for God shake put a warning. I am in a workplace with a girl co-worker next to me...
Now she will make fun of me.
You say that like coworkers spamming your inbox with yaoi is a bad thing.
Nuh, she is not this kind of co-worker. She is so innocent to know what yaoi is. Also I have big respect for her. When I said she makes fun of me, I don't mean in a cruel way. She make fun as a friend.
Also thankfully when I open the spoiler with the pic, she didn't saw it, so everything is cool.
Also I am a guy.
 

Demagogue

Sperm Alien
Mar 26, 2009
946
0
0
SweetShark said:
Nuh, she is not this kind of co-worker. She is so innocent to know what yaoi is. Also I have big respect for her. When I said she makes fun of me, I don't mean in a cruel way. She make fun as a friend.
Also thankfully when I open the spoiler with the pic, she didn't saw it, so everything is cool.
Also I am a guy.
That sounds like a perfect reason to let her see it...



OT: Based off the husbands of my three sisters, I'd say it is really up in the air. One married the typical Military type, one a big hairy guy, and the last a tall skinny bio-chem geek.
 

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
5,147
0
0
Demagogue said:
SweetShark said:
Nuh, she is not this kind of co-worker. She is so innocent to know what yaoi is. Also I have big respect for her. When I said she makes fun of me, I don't mean in a cruel way. She make fun as a friend.
Also thankfully when I open the spoiler with the pic, she didn't saw it, so everything is cool.
Also I am a guy.
That sounds like a perfect reason to let her see it...
I am very sure as she is a married woman, see need to have her sanity 100% funcional and not show her my "world".
I don't need to show her CoC or T.I.T.S. I guess, but no, even I show her something I like am pretty sure it will be weird to her...
 

Saulkar

Regular Member
Legacy
Aug 25, 2010
3,142
2
13
Country
Canuckistan
I wonder if any of the ladies of the escapist would find me attractive. I have posted enough pictures of myself on this site that I am pretty sure a good number of people know what I look like but from reading the descriptions of many of the people in this thread, I do not make the cut. Welp, time for revenge! As a bisexual dude, my male preference is Asian cross-dressers. Slim but very toned.