Women of the Escapist! What do you find sexy?

Specter Von Baren

Annoying Green Gadfly
Legacy
Aug 25, 2013
I don't know, send help!
Country
USA
KyuubiNoKitsune-Hime said:
MarsAtlas said:
Honestly I like more feminine men. -snip-
I like more feminine guys too, that's not just limited to looks, but also mannerism and personal expression. Nothing is worse than a guy who pulls macho "I'm the manliest man!" bullshit. I mean by this a guy who can be comfortable in a skirt, or dress, or while wearing make up, but still be himself. Though not limited to that either... Having a traditionally interests, or mannerisms are totally attractive, so long as the guy isn't playing such things up to the point of being obnoxious.

Well toned is a plus, but not to the point of being too muscular, like above fit... Bulky muscle is just as bad as being too fat... That said, I like flabby and rotund guys, so long as they're not so fat it's gross. Like an Orson Wells, or Alfred Hitchcock build is acceptable but someone like Michael Moore is way over the line. Though it matters how well they wear it too, for example Gabriel Iglesias is kinda cute to me, where as Ralphie May just wears it badly. Like John Goodman, I find him somewhat attractive, Bruce Vilanch is just horrifying. Arnold Schwarchenegger in Terminator was about the peak of muscle bulk for me, at the peak of his body building, he was gross.

So basically a sexy guy to me is not fat or muscle bound to extremes, but can push the limits, so long as it fits him. He's comfortable with his gender identity and sexuality to the point where wearing a skirt, or hugging another guy doesn't make him freak out. Not a victim of plastic surgery to the point where he looks like a botched Ken doll. Etc...

Though ideally I like a guy who can pass for and function as a girl the most, but I'm also a little odd.
Hhm... At first I was disappointed because it seemed like the general opinion I was going to get was the "bishie" look, which is the typical look that I'm trying to avoid but you saying that it depends on how the guy "wears it" that's very important. If I'm understanding correctly, it's not so much being a certain kind of handsome but rather a man's ability to wear their handsomeness well and exude a certain kind of manner, charm and ability to express their feelings that's important, am I right?

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
There are two camps.

and

I personally throw my hat in with Tom Hiddleston, but my sister goes for Chris Hemsworth, therefore, you can go with one or the other or try to find the happy middle, since you seem to be more interested in what it is about them that is attractive rather than what they look like on the surface, finding what the two have in common seems like a good bet.

(For the record, I date shaggy introverts who will play co-op games with me and I can have deep conversations with. Also, a nice, good morning text makes my heart flutter, there are more factors involved than straight up looks).

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
Specter Von Baren said:
Hhm... At first I was disappointed because it seemed like the general opinion I was going to get was the "bishie" look, which is the typical look that I'm trying to avoid but you saying that it depends on how the guy "wears it" that's very important. If I'm understanding correctly, it's not so much being a certain kind of handsome but rather a man's ability to wear their handsomeness well and exude a certain kind of manner, charm and ability to express their feelings that's important, am I right?
Yep, I'd say that's about right. There are plenty of generic pretty boys out there, and most of them are very forgettable because they're just some colourswapped archetype or something. Of course, there are limits to what you can say with just the design, but ideally the design (clothes, pose, facial expression, hairstyle and so on) says something about his personality. He doesn't have to be perfectly handsome, in fact, it's often the flaws that make characters more attractive.

Something Amyss

Aswyng and Amyss
Dec 3, 2008
I don't know, if you look at the guys I find sexy, or the guys I've been in relationships with, you'll find a pretty broad variety.

Though my unhealthy fixation on James Marsters and David Bowie may indicate a specific pattern.

AccursedTheory said:
Please say slightly over weight men with shabby facial hair. Please say slightly over weight men with shabby facial hair...
Slightly overweight men with shabby facial hair.

...happy? :p

Eclipse Dragon said:
There are two camps.

(and yeah, I saw you say happy medium below, it was just begging for this meme)

(For the record, I realistically date shaggy introverts who will play co-op games with me and I can have deep conversations with)
I can't talk. My current is a nonbinary dork who I can geek out with on numerous subjects. I have apparently rejected men (and women) altogether. >.>

Also, they're Team Hiddleston and I'm Team Hemsworth. If we can still have a relationship, therer is hope yet for harmony in the world. XD

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Something Amyss said:
AccursedTheory said:
Please say slightly over weight men with shabby facial hair. Please say slightly over weight men with shabby facial hair...

No. I know you don't mean it.

Thanks for trying though.

I came in here for a chuckle, but now...

Sable Gear

Mar 26, 2009
Eclipse Dragon said:
There are two camps.

and

This about sums it up imo and my bf seems to agree. One might get into the discussion of splitting hairs between "cute" and "handsome," but OP just said "attractive" so here's my offering...

(embed won't work) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3013023744/nm1131557?ref_=nm_ov_ph# Matthew Grey Gubler, tho?

blackrave

Mar 7, 2012
AccursedTheory said:
Something Amyss said:
AccursedTheory said:

There, there
You're not alone in your pain.

I know sample size of this thread is minuscule, but I can't help myself feeling a bit sad while reading it.
Apparently most girls here doesn't like steak
[sub][sub][sub]fucking vegans with their fucking herbivore diet ruining fucking everything since forever grumble grumble grumble... [/sub][/sub][/sub]

EternallyBored

Terminally Apathetic
Jun 17, 2013
s0denone said:
Phasmal said:
Outliers of what? Being women?

I'm not offended or anything, I'm not even one of the women who likes particularly feminine guys, that just sounded odd to me.

OT: Oh you know who else is hot? Kit Harrington. Tom Hiddleston too.
Outliers in their preference...

NPC009 said:
Yep... I think Raven in the sexiest man in the entire Tales of franchise, but everyone else seems to like the long haired bishonen characters...
Yeah I haven't a clue about Tales nor about Raven, so I'll take your word for it.
I don't think the attraction to more effeminate or bishonen characters is really much of an outlier, given the popularity of such characters in media, I would call all of the preferences expressed so far pretty mainstream, perhaps with the exception of amyss, but non binary isn't really a thorough physical descriptor so I can only make assumptions.

It's sort of like the argument guys have between being attracted to large busty women versus smaller "cuter" women, the general trend I see with women is that a large chunk of attraction falls along a sort of bulky to sleek scale. Looking at the biggest female heartthrobs actually makes the above Hemsworth to Hiddleston scale a somewhat decent indicator of where the majority falls somewhere between the two.

So yeah, so far at least in this thread, I'm not seeing any outliers, I'm not a woman, but from what I've seen outside the Internet, attraction to more slim or feminine looking guys is not an outlier, it's a pretty mainstream look, one driven by anime, boy bands, and young adult media.

s0denone

Apr 25, 2008
EternallyBored said:
I don't think the attraction to more effeminate or bishonen characters is really much of an outlier, given the popularity of such characters in media, I would call all of the preferences expressed so far pretty mainstream, perhaps with the exception of amyss, but non binary isn't really a thorough physical descriptor so I can only make assumptions.

It's sort of like the argument guys have between being attracted to large busty women versus smaller "cuter" women, the general trend I see with women is that a large chunk of attraction falls along a sort of bulky to sleek scale. Looking at the biggest female heartthrobs actually makes the above Hemsworth to Hiddleston scale a somewhat decent indicator of where the majority falls somewhere between the two.

So yeah, so far at least in this thread, I'm not seeing any outliers, I'm not a woman, but from what I've seen outside the Internet, attraction to more slim or feminine looking guys is not an outlier, it's a pretty mainstream look, one driven by anime, boy bands, and young adult media.
We are both kind of speaking out of turn I suppose, but I cannot help but feel that if you move outside of the "geek"/"nerd"/"introvert" or whatever you want to call the stereotypical Escapist (no offense meant to anyone, I am part of you myself after all :eek:)) then the vast majority of women, at least that I've encountered, prefer a man to be a man. Not for him to necessarily be a big fat slob or an overproportioned meathead, but for him to display a lot of stereotypical masculine and (dare i say) even macho traits.

Especially the bodytype thing, where a man is exceptionally slim and almost totally devoid of muscle, making him look effeminate before he has done anything else, doesn't really exist outside of these particular sub-cultures.

mduncan50

Apr 7, 2009
Eclipse Dragon said:
There are two camps.

and

I personally throw my hat in with Tom Hiddleston, but my sister goes for Chris Hemsworth, therefore, you can go with one or the other or try to find the happy middle, since you seem to be more interested in what it is about them that is attractive rather than what they look like on the surface, finding what the two have in common seems like a good bet.

(For the record, I date shaggy introverts who will play co-op games with me and I can have deep conversations with. Also, a nice, good morning text makes my heart flutter.)
So.... as long as they are long haired, pretty boy, godling royalty with British accents!? Explains so much... I thought I was just too fat and ugly.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
mduncan50 said:
So.... as long as they are long haired, pretty boy, godling royalty with British accents!? Explains so much... I thought I was just too fat and ugly.
I walked right into that.

SweetShark

Shark Girls are my Waifus
Jan 9, 2012
MarsAtlas said:
Specter Von Baren said:
[GAAAAHHHH! Yaoi fangirls everywhere!
Come play with us. Come play with us. It won't cost you a thing.

Free!

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
oh for God shake put a warning. I am in a workplace with a girl co-worker next to me...
Now she will make fun of me.

OP
Put an awesome Otome like pretty King. Put also a dose of a unique personality to his head. Plus make sure the protagonist is as neutral as possible.

Skatologist

Choke On Your Nazi Cookies
Jan 25, 2014
MarsAtlas said:
Well you know there's more than one way to open yourself up to a woman...
Aww... I wanted to be the one to make this joke! :(

Like what do you want a guy to open? Their heart? Mind? Ears? Mouth? Perhaps something a bit more "cheeky"? Or just an "all of the above"?

Saetha

Jan 19, 2014
AccursedTheory said:

...I'm kinda into slightly overweight dudes (Facial hair optional.) I mean, they're not my first choice, but they're just so... I dunno, huggable. It helps that it's a more realistically attainable standard - like, I'm not in the greatest shape myself and I don't really bother with makeup or fashion, so I doubt I'll have any Hollywood stars breaking down my door.

But a chubby dude? I could get behind that. Or preferably he could get behind me.

NPC009

Don't mind me, I'm just a NPC
Aug 23, 2010
Sable Gear said:
OP just said "attractive" so here's my offering...

(embed won't work) http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3013023744/nm1131557?ref_=nm_ov_ph# Matthew Grey Gubler, tho?
Normally, I'm not into the male fashion model look, but I love him in Criminal Minds. Heck, his character is the main reason I started watching (I stayed for the writers who aren't afraid to show their loves for geek culture). Reid is just so super adorkable!

mduncan50

Apr 7, 2009
Eclipse Dragon said:
mduncan50 said:
I walked right into that.
It's okay. It's not like guys aren't aware of the fact already.

CrazyGirl17

I am a banana!
Sep 11, 2009
I like my men tall with longish hair (in ponytails) and/or goatees. Oh, and with either deep voices or accents. Something about these factors makes me go gaga... (*sigh*)

Neurotic Void Melody

Bound to escape
Legacy
Jul 15, 2013
*Jots down potentially useless information for faking future good impressions to trick unsuspecting lady-humans into dark mancage for cuddles and friendship and maybe videogame fun times*

Ahah! Nothing can stop me now!

*Runs off into trees with your prized bottle of vintage wine*