Women of the Escapist! What do you find sexy?

Phasmal

Sailor Jupiter Woman
Jun 10, 2011

My, some of the boys seem to be taking this thread to heart.
I'm sure you're all lovely.

You know who else is lovely?
Chris Evans.

Yobagon

Jan 16, 2016
This is a tough one for me. There's all kinds of things I find sexy, being the total nympho I am. For men I typically like those with smooth skin, especially on the face, as well as being a bit on the slim side, with body hair being at a minimum. Maybe this is why I fall for a lot of Asian guys. Although there are plenty of exceptions, one of the biggest being someone like Jesse Cox. He's just so funny and charming, and his expressions are so cute, I'd just love to snuggle that big orange furball. Plus he wears glasses which is a bonus. I'm bisexual as well, so when it comes to women, it can vary a lot too. But I typically prefer women who are on the thick side especially if they have a bit of fat in their faces, they're the cutest. Plus i'm a sucker for tattoos and piercings...well except for genital piercings, those make me cringe because I imagine myself with them. :L

Mar 26, 2008
American Fox said:
carlsberg export said:
American Fox said:
1. Mike Ness
2. Mike Park
3. Mike Ryan as John Constantine
4. Mike Dirnt
5. Mike Herrerra

Bonus: Jonah Hill/Justin Long
Soooo...... Basically just be called Mike ?
Someone found a joke left out in the open!
I was actually thinking punks... but then Jonah Hill and Justin Long ruined that theory.

The Enquirer

Apr 10, 2013
Specter Von Baren said:
I'm currently working on the designs of several characters for a personal project I have and I'm currently stuck on the design of one of the characters. This character is supposed to be the lord of a city and he's meant to be handsome but due to my own sexuality, I'm not sure what constitutes attractive to women.

Now you might say that what this or that person finds attractive is subjective and so if I get someone's opinion then it's just their own personal view on this but that's actually even more helpful because I want him to be atypically attractive.

This thread could also create an interesting discussion on what men and women find attractive (So long as people stay civil...) so that would be a boon as well. So, can you help me?
Speaking as a straight guy, but also as a writer, you should look at some of your other characters interests/personalities and try to model him around that. Really whoever your audience surrogate character is, you should make said character attractive to him/her. Does this character prefer softer, more gentle men? Make him more feminine. Someone more fierce and outspoken? Make the character sharper, more toned.

It's something that helps when I'm envisioning characters and describing them to potential artists (holy shit artists are hard to find or just to my co-writer. Even if it isn't what you want it can help get the creative juices flowing.

American Fox said:
1. Mike Ness
2. Mike Park
3. Mike Ryan as John Constantine
4. Mike Dirnt
5. Mike Herrerra

Bonus: Jonah Hill/Justin Long
My middle name is Mike. Does this mean I have an in? I kid, I kid.

CrazyCapnMorgan

Is not insane, just crazy >:)
Jan 5, 2011
Phasmal said:

My, some of the boys seem to be taking this thread to heart.
I'm sure you're all lovely.
Don't ever stop being you, Phassy. XD

OT: I just find all of this to be mildly amusing. The descriptions and the reactions, all very entertaining. See, I've forsaken relationships, so I couldn't give much of a fuck anymore what women want in a guy. However, just watching the interactions and reactions gives me the kind of absurd comedy I've been hoping for. Well, absurd comedy outside of Florida Man, but you get my point. Hopefully. >.>'

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
*Clears throat*
IIIII LOOOOOOVEEEEE....

But overall: Nice fitting pants, cute voice and not entirely unlikeable from the neck up. Very few guys can work the 'large nose recentangle face' look (Markiplier being one example.)
PS: I fucking lost my gif of two kpop guys sorta feeling each other up shirtless. On stage. I'm PISSED.

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
That depends on a lot of factors. I would like to point out that nobody on the Mass Effect team thought that Garrus the whip thin lizard/bird alien would end up being the dreamboat hottie for the ladies of the franchise.

Personally? I don't really know. If I had to be shallow about it I like pretty boys. Facial hair is a big hit or miss for me, and a lot of it has to do with how they are presented. If I had to pick a design I tend to consistently like on a pure appearance level you can't go wrong with Elder Scrolls elves. I'm talking High and Dark Elves. (Most of the Wood Elves don't work for me.)

Honestly though I think just designing what kind of male character you want is the way to go. You shouldn't focus on attractability for a specific audience. Just like anyone, the tastes vary a lot. It would do you much better to simply focus a lot more on personality and action. You'd be surprised how many people are attracted to a character that they otherwise wouldn't be interested in based solely on how well they are written.

EDIT: Current character I'm fawning over a bit though is Razum'Dar from Elder Scrolls Online. Idk man. Cats with mohawks? Personality? Voice?

Dragonbums

Indulge in it's whiffy sensation
May 9, 2013
Angelblaze said:
*Clears throat*
IIIII LOOOOOOVEEEEE....

How can I forget about my robot men? Dammit. Not gonna lie, half of me can't wait to play Overwatch because some of the robots on there are cute. (I'm talking about Ghandi-robot)

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
What I like and what I go for (and what goes for me!) can differ. I like big boys like Jason Maoma and Chris Evans. I like chubby boys like Seth Rogan, and slim guys like Robert Downey Jr. Realistically, men don't really look like any of them. As a partner I don't care for muscle and certainly not that gym obsessive lifestyle. I like a belly I can sleep on and men with a bit extra give the best cuddles. Facial hair is definitely preferred too.

Eclipse Dragon

Lusty Argonian Maid
Legacy
Jan 23, 2009
Country
United States
EeveeElectro said:
Facial hair is definitely preferred too.
You too? Someone who prefers to be clean shaven wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me and in fact, I used to think that was preferable... then I dated a guy with a little scruffiness and went "I've been missing so much..." a little facial hair is just... more cuddly for some reason.

GrumbleGrump

Oct 14, 2014
CrazyGirl17 said:
I like my men tall with longish hair (in ponytails) and/or goatees. Oh, and with either deep voices or accents. Something about these factors makes me go gaga... (*sigh*)
Well hello there

axlryder

victim of VR
Jul 29, 2011
I'm a straight guy, but I've always preferred guys who are are medium height, slim framed and pretty faced. I guess a good examples would be Zidane or Meg Ryan from FFX.

Eclipse Dragon said:
EeveeElectro said:
You too? Someone who prefers to be clean shaven wouldn't be a dealbreaker for me and in fact, I used to think that was preferable... then I dated a guy with a little scruffiness and went "I've been missing so much..." a little facial hair is just... more cuddly for some reason.
Tell that to my girlfriend. I feel like I'd be better off taping a brillo pad to my face

Lil devils x_v1legacy

More Lego Goats Please!
May 17, 2011
As a female with an extremely high sex drive (as in MORE than just a couple of times a day), I prefer men to have a bit of meat of their bones ( muscles moreso than fat), not too skinny but not overweight. No real facial hair ( beards and mustaches are repulsive) but a bit of a stubble (shadow) can be sexy too. I do NOT find feminine men very attractive, have always been sexually attracted to athletic men.. like 99% of guys I dated were pretty extreme athletes, even as far as being their actual jobs, but do not like " too much muscle" or bulked out men More like Baseball players rather than body builders. Don't get me wrong, I like to hang out with less masculine men, just my body does not really want to have sex with them. I prefer men that get out in the sun (not too pale). I will not sleep with a guy who doesn't listen to metal/ rock since I would suddenly lose all attraction to them the second I find out they listen to rap or country music.. I prefer more masculine men with a backbone, so I don't really feel like I am hanging out with one of the girls. I do not like tattoos, and find it makes me not want to taste their skin, I love tasting fresh, clean skin however and when I see a tattoo it just turns me off thinking about how gross it is. I do not like body hair and prefer they shave it off, who wants a mouth full of hair? Gross. I also find them less attractive if they like big weird eyed anime, soap operas or my little pony, those guys just give me the creeps tbh.

For a visual reference, I actually dated 3 guys that looked much like Matt Damon and a guy who looks more like Kevin Sorbo did in Hercules so those type of guys may be what you would consider " my type". Well built, minimal body or facial hair, masculine.

Lieju

Jan 4, 2009
I'm a lesbian but I spoke to a straight woman once. She liked funny guys who aren't too muscular so I assume that's what all straight women like.

Seriously though, think what the character is supposed to be like.You say he is a lord of the city, so what qualities related to that could be attractive? Is he a good,compassionate leader? Charismatic? Power itself can be attractive, just don'tmake him creepily forceful. And I guess he is rich and can afford nice clothes and bathes moreoften than most people,and is more cultured? Has stories of exotic places? Can hold an intelligent conversation with a woman?
I guess my advice would be to approach the question through what the character is supposed to be like.
If he is a charismatic character, many people no matter what their sexual orientation, wouldbe drawn to him, and in case of those who are into guys it can then turn romantic/sexual interest.

klaynexas3

My shoes hurt
Dec 30, 2009
I know you said ladies, but I feel as partaker of both of the sexes I have some say in this.

Claudio Sanchez, though that's mostly due to him being the lead singer to my favorite band.
Izaya Orihara. Just, that man just makes me want to bear his potential children.
Brad Pitt and Orlando Bloom are pretty obvious ones that almost no one could honestly deny being good looking men.
Miles Teller is actually a pretty attractive guy honestly.
And as the only eastern man I have ever really found attractive, Stephen Chow. That is one handsome man.

So, you know, just anything from that spectrum of men, whatever that might tell you.

Angelblaze

Jun 17, 2010
Dragonbums said:
Angelblaze said:
*Clears throat*
IIIII LOOOOOOVEEEEE....

How can I forget about my robot men? Dammit. Not gonna lie, half of me can't wait to play Overwatch because some of the robots on there are cute. (I'm talking about Ghandi-robot)
Omg how could I forget about Genji? He was the main reason I even wanted to touch Overwatch!

EeveeElectro

Cats.
Aug 3, 2008
Eclipse Dragon said:
EeveeElectro said:
I didn't leave my boyfriend when he shaved and ended up looking like a 12 year old :p So I suppose it doesn't matter I just really like it~ It depends on the person too, not everyone suits a bit of face fuzz!