Wonder Woman and Jusitce League official movie trailer

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
6,438
0
0
Jesus, the tonal shift from Dawn of Justice to Justice League almost snapped my neck.

the JL trailer actually was pretty good, but fuck'em. The kind of work they'd have to do to rebuild consumer confidence from me would involve sexual favors. Barring that, I don't see why I should give a crap. Unless the movie comes out to damn near universal acclaim.

And it's gotta come out first, of course.
 

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

New member
Aug 2, 2015
7,915
0
0
AccursedTheory said:
Jesus, the tonal shift from Dawn of Justice to Justice League almost snapped my neck.

the JL trailer actually was pretty good, but fuck'em. The kind of work they'd have to do to rebuild consumer confidence from me would involve sexual favors. Barring that, I don't see why I should give a crap. Unless the movie comes out to damn near universal acclaim.

And it's gotta come out first, of course.

Its you and other people berating the tone of BvS in the first place that this tonal shift happened.

So that means I am gonna put with a smart mouth quippy Flash that I am gonna just wish I slap him in the head for his mouthing off :p

(Same as how Yatzhee feels about Nathen Drake everytime he talks)
 

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

New member
Aug 2, 2015
7,915
0
0
undeadsuitor said:
why does Cyborg look like early polygon videogame artwork

and why is the flash wearing paintball pads and plastic armor
He wore armor looking costumes before?




How is this new one any different?
 

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
6,438
0
0
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Jesus, the tonal shift from Dawn of Justice to Justice League almost snapped my neck.

the JL trailer actually was pretty good, but fuck'em. The kind of work they'd have to do to rebuild consumer confidence from me would involve sexual favors. Barring that, I don't see why I should give a crap. Unless the movie comes out to damn near universal acclaim.

And it's gotta come out first, of course.


Its you and other people berating the tone of BvS in the first place that this tonal shift happened.

So that means I am gonna put with a smart mouth quippy Flash that I am gonna just wish I slap him in the head for his mouthing off :p

(Same as how Yatzhee feels about Nathen Drake everytime he talks)
Hey, I like the tone shift. I just don't trust the tone shift.

If DC is finally letting people in their movies smile, I'm all for it. I'll just believe it when I see it for realsies. For all we know, this could be a case where all the fun scenes are in the trailers, and the other 2 hours and 40 fucking minutes are back to the standard 'Everyone took a bet to see if they could out frown Batman' style they've been going with.

In short, I'm afraid to say... Well, I hope you're disappointed Sam, because that'll mean I'll be happy.

But I suspect that wont be the case.
 

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

New member
Aug 2, 2015
7,915
0
0
undeadsuitor said:
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
why does Cyborg look like early polygon videogame artwork

and why is the flash wearing paintball pads and plastic armor
He wore armor looking costumes before?




How is this new one any different?
and that looks just as shitty

how come whenever anyone complains about anything, you rush to find some other example of something else having it, as if something being shitty in TWO things makes it better?

flash doesn't need armor. period.
Because I find it to be a very silly crticsm that is very nitpicky sounding.

Flash in my eyes looks fine in that "Armor" aesthetic. Compared to the very cheap looking one in the CW.
 

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
6,438
0
0
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
why does Cyborg look like early polygon videogame artwork

and why is the flash wearing paintball pads and plastic armor
He wore armor looking costumes before?




How is this new one any different?
and that looks just as shitty

how come whenever anyone complains about anything, you rush to find some other example of something else having it, as if something being shitty in TWO things makes it better?

flash doesn't need armor. period.

Because I find it to be a very silly crticsm that is very nitpicky sounding.

Flash in my eyes looks fine in that "Armor" aesthetic. Compared to the very cheap looking one in the CW.
The CW Flash looks perfect. An excellent compromise between the sillier and more antiquated tights, and the weird modern trend to throw plate armor on anything that moves.


undeadsuitor said:
also, that fisherman scene is creepy as fuck. like...color desaturated dirty fishing town relying on some half human to bring them fish

You could say Aquamans big enough to cast a Shadow Over Innsmouth
It's depressing that we now have confirmation that all hopes for 'Jolly Aquaman' have died, as well. No Rousing Song of Heroism for us.

Dang it.
 

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

New member
Aug 2, 2015
7,915
0
0
AccursedTheory said:
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
why does Cyborg look like early polygon videogame artwork

and why is the flash wearing paintball pads and plastic armor
He wore armor looking costumes before?




How is this new one any different?
and that looks just as shitty

how come whenever anyone complains about anything, you rush to find some other example of something else having it, as if something being shitty in TWO things makes it better?

flash doesn't need armor. period.

Because I find it to be a very silly crticsm that is very nitpicky sounding.

Flash in my eyes looks fine in that "Armor" aesthetic. Compared to the very cheap looking one in the CW.
The CW Flash looks perfect. An excellent compromise between the sillier and more antiquated tights, and the weird modern trend to throw plate armor on anything that moves.


undeadsuitor said:
also, that fisherman scene is creepy as fuck. like...color desaturated dirty fishing town relying on some half human to bring them fish

You could say Aquamans big enough to cast a Shadow Over Innsmouth
It's depressing that we now have confirmation that all hopes for 'Jolly Aquaman' have died, as well. No Rousing Song of Heroism for us.

Dang it.
This was the Aquaman I grew up with:



And he never got the respect and admiration he deserved :(
 

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
6,438
0
0
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
why does Cyborg look like early polygon videogame artwork

and why is the flash wearing paintball pads and plastic armor
He wore armor looking costumes before?




How is this new one any different?
and that looks just as shitty

how come whenever anyone complains about anything, you rush to find some other example of something else having it, as if something being shitty in TWO things makes it better?

flash doesn't need armor. period.

Because I find it to be a very silly crticsm that is very nitpicky sounding.

Flash in my eyes looks fine in that "Armor" aesthetic. Compared to the very cheap looking one in the CW.
The CW Flash looks perfect. An excellent compromise between the sillier and more antiquated tights, and the weird modern trend to throw plate armor on anything that moves.


undeadsuitor said:
also, that fisherman scene is creepy as fuck. like...color desaturated dirty fishing town relying on some half human to bring them fish

You could say Aquamans big enough to cast a Shadow Over Innsmouth
It's depressing that we now have confirmation that all hopes for 'Jolly Aquaman' have died, as well. No Rousing Song of Heroism for us.

Dang it.

This was the Aquaman I grew up with:


And he never got the respect and admiration he deserved :(
It's the same Aquaman I grew up with. But this is the one that really sticks in my mind as the definitive Aquaman.


undeadsuitor said:
AccursedTheory said:
It's depressing that we now have confirmation that all hopes for 'Jolly Aquaman' have died, as well. No Rousing Song of Heroism for us.

Dang it.
I was ready for either version, tbh. I both like the boisterous bruiser and the DCAU "Im literally king arthur with a beard and a hook for a hand". at least he looked like a good straight man for the sillier characters to bounce material off of

plus, I mean Jason Momoa is a pretty funny guy, so maybe we'll warm up to everyone after they help him or something
Maybe he'll be funny late into the movie, but he's definitely not going to be singing after that intro.

And chances are, he is going to end up being the straight man. Since it seems even Wayne is cracking a smile now. Unless Superman is going to be the straight man, and everyone else gets to be goofy.
 

Super Cyborg

New member
Jul 25, 2014
474
0
0
Well Wonder Woman looks pretty good. It makes me think in some ways of how the Captain America movies were, and since those were quite good I'm fine with Wonder Woman having that type of movie. Also seems somewhat an origin story, at least as in the first time Wonder Woman was shown to the world, which was from that WWII picture in BVS. The action scenes looked good and the few sets we saw were nice, so hopefully this one is quite good.

As far as Justice League, can't really say much. It's more of an introduction to the cast, and I liked having a lighter tone there and some banter. I'm not keen on the Flash though, because it feels like they are going for him being a loser and not the Flash I knew from the animated series. Of course that was just one scene so we'll have to see how he plays out.
 

DementedSheep

New member
Jan 8, 2010
2,654
0
0
Aquaman just seems weird to me. Serious is fine, I just don't associate him him being so bad tempered and knocking back booze. However I fully admit I don't and have never read Aquaman.
 

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
18,157
1
3
Country
UK
Justice League- Kinda meh for now (not building hype for it just yet).

Wonder Woman- It actually look good!
 
Feb 26, 2014
668
0
0
Okay, Justice League trailer. Prepare for grim, brooding... What? I.... What? I'm gonna need some time to- Did someone just smile!?- to adjust to... this.

Wonder Woman's trailer looks nice. Reminds me a little of The First Avenger, which is great because it's among my favorite Marvel movies. Ares seems to be the obvious choice for a villain considering the major war going on and all. What do you think the chances are we'll see the Annihilator?
AccursedTheory said:
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
why does Cyborg look like early polygon videogame artwork

and why is the flash wearing paintball pads and plastic armor
He wore armor looking costumes before?




How is this new one any different?
and that looks just as shitty

how come whenever anyone complains about anything, you rush to find some other example of something else having it, as if something being shitty in TWO things makes it better?

flash doesn't need armor. period.

Because I find it to be a very silly crticsm that is very nitpicky sounding.

Flash in my eyes looks fine in that "Armor" aesthetic. Compared to the very cheap looking one in the CW.
The CW Flash looks perfect. An excellent compromise between the sillier and more antiquated tights, and the weird modern trend to throw plate armor on anything that moves.


undeadsuitor said:
also, that fisherman scene is creepy as fuck. like...color desaturated dirty fishing town relying on some half human to bring them fish

You could say Aquamans big enough to cast a Shadow Over Innsmouth
It's depressing that we now have confirmation that all hopes for 'Jolly Aquaman' have died, as well. No Rousing Song of Heroism for us.

Dang it.

This was the Aquaman I grew up with:


And he never got the respect and admiration he deserved :(
It's the same Aquaman I grew up with. But this is the one that really sticks in my mind as the definitive Aquaman.

There's certainly no denying which of these two would be more interesting to see on the silver screen.
 

Parasondox

New member
Jun 15, 2013
3,229
0
0
Wonder Woman's movements are beautiful. Quick, harder hitting and she's a fucking warrior. She enjoys a fight and face the toughest odds ahead of her.

That sword is holding up the dress isn't it? Get item to bring to a party. Not gonna mess with you lady.

Also, is it me or has archery in general improved a lot in movies and TV? More style and tactically precision behind it. Either way, GO PICTURE!!
 

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
6,438
0
0
Captain Marvelous said:
Okay, Justice League trailer. Prepare for grim, brooding... What? I.... What? I'm gonna need some time to- Did someone just smile!?- to adjust to... this.

Wonder Woman's trailer looks nice. Reminds me a little of The First Avenger, which is great because it's among my favorite Marvel movies. Ares seems to be the obvious choice for a villain considering the major war going on and all. What do you think the chances are we'll see the Annihilator?
AccursedTheory said:
Samtemdo8 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
Samtemdo8 said:
undeadsuitor said:
why does Cyborg look like early polygon videogame artwork

and why is the flash wearing paintball pads and plastic armor
He wore armor looking costumes before?




How is this new one any different?
and that looks just as shitty

how come whenever anyone complains about anything, you rush to find some other example of something else having it, as if something being shitty in TWO things makes it better?

flash doesn't need armor. period.

Because I find it to be a very silly crticsm that is very nitpicky sounding.

Flash in my eyes looks fine in that "Armor" aesthetic. Compared to the very cheap looking one in the CW.
The CW Flash looks perfect. An excellent compromise between the sillier and more antiquated tights, and the weird modern trend to throw plate armor on anything that moves.


undeadsuitor said:
also, that fisherman scene is creepy as fuck. like...color desaturated dirty fishing town relying on some half human to bring them fish

You could say Aquamans big enough to cast a Shadow Over Innsmouth
It's depressing that we now have confirmation that all hopes for 'Jolly Aquaman' have died, as well. No Rousing Song of Heroism for us.

Dang it.

This was the Aquaman I grew up with:


And he never got the respect and admiration he deserved :(
It's the same Aquaman I grew up with. But this is the one that really sticks in my mind as the definitive Aquaman.

There's certainly no denying which of these two would be more interesting to see on the silver screen.
I know, right?

And I think Jason Momoa would look fantastic in some nylons and the right pair of heels.
 

Shoggoth2588

New member
Aug 31, 2009
10,250
0
0
undeadsuitor said:
why does Cyborg look like early polygon videogame artwork

and why is the flash wearing paintball pads and plastic armor
Gotta appeal to all those people who bought into Injustice! Appeal harder dammit!!

---

I saw both about an hour ago and...and it just hit me that I've seen a lot of trailers over the past 30 hours. Justice League, Wonder Woman, Legends of the Hidden Temple, New Sonic the Hedgehog (I forgot the actual name of that 2D Sonic Thing), Sonic 17, Fantastic Beasts etc...I didn't see this many new trailers last month during E3...Anyway! Wonder Woman reminded me a bit of Captain America in a way. I like how there seems to be power emanating from the lasso and I'm hoping she using that more than her swords to be honest. It looks really damn promising and I hope it's a good movie. The Justice League trailer made me laugh a bit; I'm not sold on Mamoa as Aquaman but I loved Barry Allen so far...not his costume but the character seems fine. Since it's such an early trailer, I'm going to assume that Cyborg and Flash are going to get better costumes by the premier. Justice League looks like it might be really good and again, I REALLY hope it's a good movie. C'mon DC comics, embrace levity! Apparently there's a trailer for a King Arthur movie and all I can think right now is that 'it probably doesn't feature Etrigan the Demon so screw it'.