Wonder Woman and Jusitce League official movie trailer

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

New member
Aug 2, 2015
7,915
0
0
bastardofmelbourne said:
Why are people so against the Flash wearing armour? He's super-fast. That's it. There's no reason for him not to wear armour, considering how his speed isn't an issue.

You know who doesn't need armour? Superman. Because he's fucking bulletproof. Flash isn't. Even if he 100% avoids getting hit, he'd want to wear something on his knuckles to protect his fingers from all those super-fast punches he lands. And what if he fights another speedster? Wouldn't it be handy to have some padding and a stab vest in case Professor Zoom attacks him with a knife?

mecegirl said:
Nope Azzarello had to make them rapists and murderers who borded any ship they could find just to seduce men. They would then kill the men after sleeping with them. Then if they became pregnant with a girl they kept the girl, the boys they sold off. Nothing like that had ever been written before. Now instead of Diana being brought to life by the gods she was the result of her mother and Zeus shacking up one time. It was just unnecessary, like the idea of an all female society offended him or something.
How else is an all-female society going to reproduce? It's that or cloning. (They might be long-lived, but considering that Amazons are warrior-women, they'd have casualties now and then.)

They probably don't need to kill the fathers and sell off the male children to Hephaestus afterwards, but this is a society that executes anyone who lands on their island in possession of a dong. And that has kept cultural attitudes of ancient Greece alive for two or three thousand years. Y'know...ancient Greece, with the Spartans hurling deformed children off of cliffs, and the chief god who frequently turns into animals in order to cheat on his wife.

You're also glossing over how Diana's immediate reaction to finding out that the Amazons sold their male children into slavery is to go and try and free all of them, because she finds the idea instinctively abhorrent.
What happened to the male children sold off as slaves to Hephaetus? And how is Hephaetus portrayed in those comics?
 

mecegirl

New member
May 19, 2013
737
0
0
bastardofmelbourne said:
mecegirl said:
Nope Azzarello had to make them rapists and murderers who borded any ship they could find just to seduce men. They would then kill the men after sleeping with them. Then if they became pregnant with a girl they kept the girl, the boys they sold off. Nothing like that had ever been written before. Now instead of Diana being brought to life by the gods she was the result of her mother and Zeus shacking up one time. It was just unnecessary, like the idea of an all female society offended him or something.
How else is an all-female society going to reproduce? It's that or cloning. (They might be long-lived, but considering that Amazons are warrior-women, they'd have casualties now and then.)

They probably don't need to kill the fathers and sell off the male children to Hephaestus afterwards, but this is a society that executes anyone who lands on their island in possession of a dong. And that has kept cultural attitudes of ancient Greece alive for two or three thousand years. Y'know...ancient Greece, with the Spartans hurling deformed children off of cliffs, and the chief god who frequently turns into animals in order to cheat on his wife.

You're also glossing over how Diana's immediate reaction to finding out that the Amazons sold their male children into slavery is to go and try and free all of them, because she finds the idea instinctively abhorrent.
You asked how they would reproduce. Thing is, they didn't. Diana was the only child on the island. They simply didn't leave the island because it was their duty to guard Doom's Doorway. Yes some of them died while guarding it but they never actively tried to replenish their ranks. It wasn't a society that executed men for landing on their island. It became a society that executed men for landing on their island once Azzarello changed their backstory. Before the new 52 they didn't behave that way. Sparta killed their deformed children, not all of Greece so it's no justification. With all the weirdness that happens in Greek myth its not like a being made out of clay and given life by the gods(Diana's original birth story) should be that hard to swallow. Nor should the idea that they are simply immortal and isolationist.

Now pre 52 there are the Bana-Migdall. There was a big to do with Heracles(who is later redeemed btw) tricking and then attacking the Amazons. The queen prayed to the gods for help and Athena answered. Athena had the queen promise that she would turn away from unnecessary violence. Not all of the Amazons agreed with that idea. Those amazons splintered off and didn't join the others on Paradise island. Because they didn't do that they didn't gain immortality. The group ended up settling permintly near Egypt. And they were the ones who would kidnap men so that they could breed. They kept any men they captured like livestock,killed any male babies, and raised their daughter to be just as violent. A lot of them became mercenaries because of how skilled they were.

I didn't gloss over anything because I wasn't talking about Diana but the Amazons and how they were altered by the new 52.
 

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
8,577
2,960
118
Here Comes Tomorrow said:
Guardians Of The Galaxy managed without it. There was like one scene with Star Lord and Gamora but it's in his character to try and sex her up and he was shot down and no more was said of it.
Their love interest came up through the entire storyline, and the show even ended on the idea of them hooking up. That's hardly "one time and done." The sexual tension between the two of them was thick throughout the entire movie.

Here Comes Tomorrow said:
Captain America: Winter Soldier didn't have one either and even managed to do a male/female partners without making them bone. Arguably, Civil War did it as well. Cap and the blonde had a few short scenes together then kissed at the end. No big romantic set pieces or anything.
What "big romantic set pieces" have we seen in this WW trailer? They've looked at each other a few times, had conversations with each other a few times. By your above mentioned "Guardians of the Galaxy" example, that means it's not a romantic sub-plot at all.

Here Comes Tomorrow said:
And outside of Avengers (which also had no romance. Ultron did and everyone thought the Bruce/Natasha stiff was crap) they're the biggest selling cape movies released.
Apparently you forgot about the bit with Cap and his elderly love interest Agent Carter, and the lost love plot thread they put there.

Here Comes Tomorrow said:
I'm just saying the bits with Wonder Woman look good. Everyone will say that the male side kick (both the character and romance) will drag the film down.
I guess by "the bits with Wonder Woman" you specifically mean the parts of her in her costume, since pretty much EVERY scene had Wonder Woman in it, including the icky romance bits you seem to have such an issue with.


Here Comes Tomorrow said:
You know how Ghostbusters 2016 was so desperate to be all "LOOK AT GIRLS BEING COOL AREN'T WE AWESOME SCREW YOU SILLY BOYS WOMEN ARE JUST AS GOOD"? Wonder Woman could have been the role model film Ghostbusters is desperatly trying to be without being obvious.
Could have been? You've already written it off at this point? Classy.

Here Comes Tomorrow said:
Replace chisseled action man with a frontline nurse, throw them at WW1 and have german kicking adventures and friendship.
....I....what??
 

The Philistine

New member
Jan 15, 2010
237
0
0
How can a studio put out a trailer as bad as Justice League and turn around and put out such a good one as Wonder Woman? Wonder Woman is very clear what she's doing, pretty good guess why, and looks badass doing it. Justice League is a beat-track of getting the band together, which is by far the least interesting thing about the JL. It's a group that's supposed to be punching galactic threats in the face, is the action sparse they can't show anything?
 

infohippie

New member
Oct 1, 2009
2,369
0
0
I have never really cared about superheroes, so I've got no prior investment in this game. But I just saw the Wonder Woman trailer, and wow that looks fantastic. I really hope the film lives up to the trailer. I haven't bothered to see new Batman, new Superman, or pretty much any of the newer superhero movies apart from Iron Man and the couple of Avengers films, but I'm now pretty interested in the Wonder Woman release. I think it's her sword, shield, and bow that is really doing it for me, and how graceful and fluid she looks using them.
 

Orga777

New member
Jan 2, 2008
197
0
0
Kibeth41 said:
Why is it bad though? This is one thing I never got about the Khal Drogo flak.

Like, would you be calling it bad if that exact character design was tied to any other character? For example. If Jason Mamoa was being put into the DCEU with that look, but he wasn't Aquaman, would you still think it was bad? Or is it simply the idea of Aquaman not being the joke character he initially was?

I'm not attacking your opinion. Just wondering why you think Aquaman's design is bad.

Also, one thing to keep in mind is that after BvS, they're probably making more of an effort to keep characters true to their comic personalities. So that's why everyone is pretty serious. Characters like Flash and (eventually) Green Lantern will lighten the mood quite a bit.
Aquaman hasn't been a joke character in a very long time. Just the stupid Super Friends cartoon damaged the character's perception in such horrible ways because pop-culture has never let it go and references it ALL THE TIME, despite the fact that every character representation in that show sucked beyond all belief. But it is always Aquaman that gets the brunt of abuse... Nobody says Batman is a joke and loser because of the hokey Adam West show... Just Aquaman because Super Friends sucked as a show. :(
 

pookie101

New member
Jul 5, 2015
1,162
0
0
those actually looked interesting, although i liked batman v superman as well.

that said no superhero movie can beat deadpool in my books, right blend of serious and bat shit crazy
 

Ftaghn To You Too

New member
Nov 25, 2009
489
0
0
The justice league trailer is laughably bad. They rightfully realized that they've been screwing everything up in their last few films, and decided to add some form of life to them. They have decided to do that by adding in a few awkwardly delivered jokes without changing the way they shoot their movies. You have the same grim brown and grey that's absolutely boring and soul-sucking to watch in what is supposed to be a slightly lighter hearted movie. It looks insane. Why are they even bothering anymore?
 

Stewie Plisken

New member
Jan 3, 2009
355
0
0
The Philistine said:
How can a studio put out a trailer as bad as Justice League and turn around and put out such a good one as Wonder Woman? Wonder Woman is very clear what she's doing, pretty good guess why, and looks badass doing it. Justice League is a beat-track of getting the band together, which is by far the least interesting thing about the JL. It's a group that's supposed to be punching galactic threats in the face, is the action sparse they can't show anything?
The movie started shooting five months ago. This wasn't a trailer, it was dubbed "special Comic-Con footage" for a reason. The film's over a year away from release and under other circumstances, we'd get a 30-second-teaser at best. What they essentially did was get some of what they shot (half of which had already been reported from set visits by journalists), apply some quick effects in post and show it; that's only because of the backlash to Batman v Superman. It's pretty damned brilliant of them, from a marketing standpoint. They show that they are aware of said backlash, they make sure you won't forget that Justice League is a thing that's coming out and Comic-Con coincides with the home release of Batman v Superman and its Ultimate Cut version. WB does a lot of things wrong, but promoting their shit isn't one of them.

Ftaghn To You Too said:
The justice league trailer is laughably bad. They rightfully realized that they've been screwing everything up in their last few films, and decided to add some form of life to them. They have decided to do that by adding in a few awkwardly delivered jokes without changing the way they shoot their movies. You have the same grim brown and grey that's absolutely boring and soul-sucking to watch in what is supposed to be a slightly lighter hearted movie. It looks insane. Why are they even bothering anymore?
For the same reason Ghostbusters is getting a sequel, even though it's a box office flop. You don't pull the plug from franchises this big, especially when you're already three movies in (five, if we count Wonder Woman and Suicide Squad).

I'm not crazy about the aesthetic either, but at this point it's a consistency issue for them. From Man of Steel to Wonder Woman, all their movies have a similar aesthetic, regardless of tone and subject material.
 

hermajesty

New member
Jul 19, 2016
22
0
0
Was a bit underwhelmed by the WW trailer. I dunno... doesn't it feel a bit Captain America? Person out of time...shield, bla bla. I'm a girl and like the idea of WW getting some screen time, but I think she's kinda boring tbh
 

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
971
0
0
Hmmm, I'm torn in regards to Wonder Woman.

On the one hand, I do enjoy the mash-up of superheroes and historical conflicts when it's portrayed in a dark and gritty manner, not just an excuse to show Captain Gee Whizz! beating up legions of cackling but hapless enemy (read: German more often then not) soldiers. I know that sounds like I'm contradicting myself when I say this trailer leaves me with a mostly positive impression, considering its about a super-powered warrior princess in a mini-skirt going over the top, but No Man's Land looks blasted and desolate, the Reichsheer looks capable of fighting and the combat scenes actually look pretty cool. Honestly, it reminded me of the awesome trench-fighting segments from Suckerpunch, just without all the annoyingly gratuitous panty-shots getting in the way of the field-grey.

On the other hand, I am a complete non-fan of the source material, so the character herself and her supporting cast do not grab my interest at all. And I'm not certainly not interested in watching a superhero effortlessly slaughtering their way through history's most designated villains, especially if it transpires that the Kaiser is being ordered around by an evil character from the comics, or the Germans are unleashing some doomsday device because Germans are just jerks like that, and its up to the Amazons to save Entente democracy, freedom and cute little war-bond puppies. I'll be keeping an eye on this film and I hope it turns out good, but for that it should be about Wonder Woman's first exposure to humanity in a time of industrialized self-slaughter, not her flying to Berlin to give Wilhelm II a thump.

Also: why is James T. Kirk wearing the Pour le Merite?
 

Cicada 5

Elite Member
Apr 16, 2015
1,495
368
88
Country
Nigeria
Dragonlayer said:
Hmmm, I'm torn in regards to Wonder Woman.

On the one hand, I do enjoy the mash-up of superheroes and historical conflicts when it's portrayed in a dark and gritty manner, not just an excuse to show Captain Gee Whizz! beating up legions of cackling but hapless enemy (read: German more often then not) soldiers. I know that sounds like I'm contradicting myself when I say this trailer leaves me with a mostly positive impression, considering its about a super-powered warrior princess in a mini-skirt going over the top, but No Man's Land looks blasted and desolate, the Reichsheer looks capable of fighting and the combat scenes actually look pretty cool. Honestly, it reminded me of the awesome trench-fighting segments from Suckerpunch, just without all the annoyingly gratuitous panty-shots getting in the way of the field-grey.

On the other hand, I am a complete non-fan of the source material, so the character herself and her supporting cast do not grab my interest at all. And I'm not certainly not interested in watching a superhero effortlessly slaughtering their way through history's most designated villains, especially if it transpires that the Kaiser is being ordered around by an evil character from the comics, or the Germans are unleashing some doomsday device because Germans are just jerks like that, and its up to the Amazons to save Entente democracy, freedom and cute little war-bond puppies. I'll be keeping an eye on this film and I hope it turns out good, but for that it should be about Wonder Woman's first exposure to humanity in a time of industrialized self-slaughter, not her flying to Berlin to give Wilhelm II a thump.

Also: why is James T. Kirk wearing the Pour le Merite?
The creators have been talking about how this movie will show Diana humanity's flaws in general not just one particular nation's. So I don't think you have anything to worry about. It sounds like she joins the war thinking she's on the right side and later on discovers things are more complicated than she first thought.
 

Dragonlayer

Aka Corporal Yakob
Dec 5, 2013
971
0
0
Agent_Z said:
Dragonlayer said:
Hmmm, I'm torn in regards to Wonder Woman.

On the one hand, I do enjoy the mash-up of superheroes and historical conflicts when it's portrayed in a dark and gritty manner, not just an excuse to show Captain Gee Whizz! beating up legions of cackling but hapless enemy (read: German more often then not) soldiers. I know that sounds like I'm contradicting myself when I say this trailer leaves me with a mostly positive impression, considering its about a super-powered warrior princess in a mini-skirt going over the top, but No Man's Land looks blasted and desolate, the Reichsheer looks capable of fighting and the combat scenes actually look pretty cool. Honestly, it reminded me of the awesome trench-fighting segments from Suckerpunch, just without all the annoyingly gratuitous panty-shots getting in the way of the field-grey.

On the other hand, I am a complete non-fan of the source material, so the character herself and her supporting cast do not grab my interest at all. And I'm not certainly not interested in watching a superhero effortlessly slaughtering their way through history's most designated villains, especially if it transpires that the Kaiser is being ordered around by an evil character from the comics, or the Germans are unleashing some doomsday device because Germans are just jerks like that, and its up to the Amazons to save Entente democracy, freedom and cute little war-bond puppies. I'll be keeping an eye on this film and I hope it turns out good, but for that it should be about Wonder Woman's first exposure to humanity in a time of industrialized self-slaughter, not her flying to Berlin to give Wilhelm II a thump.

Also: why is James T. Kirk wearing the Pour le Merite?
The creators have been talking about how this movie will show Diana humanity's flaws in general not just one particular nation's. So I don't think you have anything to worry about. It sounds like she joins the war thinking she's on the right side and later on discovers things are more complicated than she first thought.
I really hope so, because this could be the first superhero movie in an absolute glut of the things that I might actually want to watch.
 

Jarrito3002

Elite Member
Jun 28, 2016
532
418
68
Country
United States
Honestly I am looking forward to both more than I thought it would. I glad DC just said skip the built up just throw all in there and make it happen.

Justice League: Loving Batfleck so much right now and tone seems to be on point. Seems like its going to be gasp fun. It started on a good note in that it did not show me the entire movie. My hype for BvS was killed when the trailers were just showing all of the cool stuff and reveals. Hopefully they can stay on track don't even show the villain its Justice League it can survive on those laurels.

Wonder Woman: Have to get this out the way. The trailer was great. Established the Wonder Woman continuity and the setting looks great and color contract was on point. Nothing against Godot but man could she get on that Tom Hardy, Christian Bale regimine of gaining some more mass. I know they probably could not find a actress with a more MMA look but Godot is on the scrawny Linda Carter side. Nothing against Ms Carter but I am on team want my Wonder Woman on the more beefy side. Not going to stop me from checking it out but will see what happens.
 

Gordon_4_v1legacy

New member
Aug 22, 2010
2,577
0
0
Dragonlayer said:
Hmmm, I'm torn in regards to Wonder Woman.

On the one hand, I do enjoy the mash-up of superheroes and historical conflicts when it's portrayed in a dark and gritty manner, not just an excuse to show Captain Gee Whizz! beating up legions of cackling but hapless enemy (read: German more often then not) soldiers. I know that sounds like I'm contradicting myself when I say this trailer leaves me with a mostly positive impression, considering its about a super-powered warrior princess in a mini-skirt going over the top, but No Man's Land looks blasted and desolate, the Reichsheer looks capable of fighting and the combat scenes actually look pretty cool. Honestly, it reminded me of the awesome trench-fighting segments from Suckerpunch, just without all the annoyingly gratuitous panty-shots getting in the way of the field-grey.

On the other hand, I am a complete non-fan of the source material, so the character herself and her supporting cast do not grab my interest at all. And I'm not certainly not interested in watching a superhero effortlessly slaughtering their way through history's most designated villains, especially if it transpires that the Kaiser is being ordered around by an evil character from the comics, or the Germans are unleashing some doomsday device because Germans are just jerks like that, and its up to the Amazons to save Entente democracy, freedom and cute little war-bond puppies. I'll be keeping an eye on this film and I hope it turns out good, but for that it should be about Wonder Woman's first exposure to humanity in a time of industrialized self-slaughter, not her flying to Berlin to give Wilhelm II a thump.

Also: why is James T. Kirk wearing the Pour le Merite?
Yeah I loved that trailer from about frame 1, but I cannot find any cartharsis in her fighting WWI-era German soldiers. There were no cackling Nazis to beat the shit out of at the Somme or in the Argonne, just a lot of young men doing what their country asked of them. Same as the Tommys, same as the ANZACS, and same as the Doughboys.

It is simultaneously the most interesting part of the movie, but also the most prone fuck up.
 

happyninja42

Elite Member
Legacy
May 13, 2010
8,577
2,960
118
Kibeth41 said:
I'm just curious as to whether people think Jason Mamoa's Aquaman is bad because they think the actual design is bad in itself. Or if they just can't wrap around the idea of Aquaman being a serious character.
I think he looks pretty interesting, but then I never shared the common opinion that Aquaman was lame. Dude who rules an undersea kingdom that covers 75% of the planet, has super strength, super durability, and can control the creatures of the sea. Somehow that is lame, yet "Really rich 1 Percenter with a guilt complex punches people in the face" is totally fine and not lame.

I think Mamoa's Aquaman looks pretty neat. I like the idea of him being this grizzled old sailor kind of archetype, and looking more like some of the classic depictions of Poseiden, with the long hair and stuff. And I loved that shot of the crashing waves swallowing him up to take him home.

I'm not terribly invested in the Justice League trailer, but I did enjoy it. And the Wonder Woman one too. WW more than JL, by leaps and bounds, but I found both interesting, and I'm optimistic so far about them.
 

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
13,768
0
41
mecegirl said:
Zhukov said:
Wonder Woman: Ummm... what the fuck? That looked good. What witchcraft is this? What strange world have I stumbled into? There was colour. The action looked really cool. The gender stuff was lighthearted and fun rather than ham-fisted. Somehow having Godot striding around WWI blocking mortar shells with a shield looks totally baller instead of ridiculous.
The thing is if you get that impression that means that they are doing Wonder Woman right. She and Superman aren't like Batman. There has to be light and hope for them to work. For a very long time the prevailing wisdom has been that Wonder Woman would be too hard to translate into film.
Oh, I'm not surprised at being impressed at a Wonder Woman trailer. I'm surprised at being impressed at a DC movie trailer.

(Although I think Suicide Squad is also looking vaguely promising.)



Kibeth41 said:
Zhukov said:
Justice League: Ahhhahahahaahhahahaaaa. They are trying so hard with Aquaman. And it's so bad. Everything else looks very... grey. Like, literally every frame of the trailer is grey. Well, bluish grey. At least someone in charge seems to have been reminded that humour and levity exist.
Why is it bad though? This is one thing I never got about the Khal Drogo flak.

Like, would you be calling it bad if that exact character design was tied to any other character? For example. If Jason Mamoa was being put into the DCEU with that look, but he wasn't Aquaman, would you still think it was bad? Or is it simply the idea of Aquaman not being the joke character he initially was?

I'm not attacking your opinion. Just wondering why you think Aquaman's design is bad.
Like I said, it just looks like they're trying too damn hard.

"Okay people, we need to people to take Aquaman super seriously! Any ideas?"
"Make him angry!"
"Baaadaaass tattoos!"
"HAVE HIM CHUG DAT BEER YO!"


I mean, someone else posted this earlier:



I know nothing at all about that guy and I already like him three times as much.

I don't feel strongly one way or the other about Jason Mamoa. I thought he was okay as Khal Drogo.

Dragonlayer said:
... and I hope it turns out good, but for that it should be about Wonder Woman's first exposure to humanity in a time of industrialized self-slaughter, not her flying to Berlin to give Wilhelm II a thump.
I'm hoping for something like this too.

In BvS she says something along the lines of "A hundred years ago I walked away from mankind and a century of horrors." I don't know how consistent DC are going to be about this, but that's clearly a reference to the 20th century and if there was ever a war to make someone decide that mankind wasn't worth saving then WWI would be it, at least as it exists in popular memory.

Personally I actually really like the idea of a superhero who once saw too much shit and just went, "Nope, nope, FUCKING NOPE", and then of course gets dragged back into The Good Fight a century later. It could give her character a distinctive perspective and outlook in the team-up movies.

That said, as much as I love the idea, having the hero go, "To hell with you boys and your toys, go kill each other, I'm going back to my island", would be a very unconventional way to end a superhero movie.
 

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

New member
Aug 2, 2015
7,915
0
0
Zhukov said:
mecegirl said:
Zhukov said:
Wonder Woman: Ummm... what the fuck? That looked good. What witchcraft is this? What strange world have I stumbled into? There was colour. The action looked really cool. The gender stuff was lighthearted and fun rather than ham-fisted. Somehow having Godot striding around WWI blocking mortar shells with a shield looks totally baller instead of ridiculous.
The thing is if you get that impression that means that they are doing Wonder Woman right. She and Superman aren't like Batman. There has to be light and hope for them to work. For a very long time the prevailing wisdom has been that Wonder Woman would be too hard to translate into film.
Oh, I'm not surprised at being impressed at a Wonder Woman trailer. I'm surprised at being impressed at a DC movie trailer.

(Although I think Suicide Squad is also looking vaguely promising.)



Kibeth41 said:
Zhukov said:
Justice League: Ahhhahahahaahhahahaaaa. They are trying so hard with Aquaman. And it's so bad. Everything else looks very... grey. Like, literally every frame of the trailer is grey. Well, bluish grey. At least someone in charge seems to have been reminded that humour and levity exist.
Why is it bad though? This is one thing I never got about the Khal Drogo flak.

Like, would you be calling it bad if that exact character design was tied to any other character? For example. If Jason Mamoa was being put into the DCEU with that look, but he wasn't Aquaman, would you still think it was bad? Or is it simply the idea of Aquaman not being the joke character he initially was?

I'm not attacking your opinion. Just wondering why you think Aquaman's design is bad.
Like I said, it just looks like they're trying too damn hard.

"Okay people, we need to people to take Aquaman super seriously! Any ideas?"
"Make him angry!"
"Baaadaaass tattoos!"
"HAVE HIM CHUG DAT BEER YO!"


I mean, someone else posted this earlier:



I know nothing at all about that guy and I already like him three times as much.

I don't feel strongly one way or the other about Jason Mamoa. I thought he was okay as Khal Drogo.

Dragonlayer said:
... and I hope it turns out good, but for that it should be about Wonder Woman's first exposure to humanity in a time of industrialized self-slaughter, not her flying to Berlin to give Wilhelm II a thump.
I'm hoping for something like this too.

In BvS she says something along the lines of "A hundred years ago I walked away from mankind and a century of horrors." I don't know how consistent DC are going to be about this, but that's clearly a reference to the 20th century and if there was ever a war to make someone decide that mankind wasn't worth saving then WWI would be it, at least as it exists in popular memory.

Personally I actually really like the idea of a superhero who once saw too much shit and just went, "Nope, nope, FUCKING NOPE", and then of course gets dragged back into The Good Fight a century later. It could give her character a distinctive perspective and outlook in the team-up movies.

That said, as much as I love the idea, having the hero go, "To hell with you boys and your toys, go kill each other, I'm going back to my island", would be a very unconventional way to end a superhero movie.
Not me that Aquaman is sacrilige.

Turning one of the most badass heroes in the DCAU and in Injustice into a fucking Clown :p