Wonder Woman and Jusitce League official movie trailer

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Shoggoth2588 said:
undeadsuitor said:
why does Cyborg look like early polygon videogame artwork

and why is the flash wearing paintball pads and plastic armor
Gotta appeal to all those people who bought into Injustice! Appeal harder dammit!!

---

I saw both about an hour ago and...and it just hit me that I've seen a lot of trailers over the past 30 hours. Justice League, Wonder Woman, Legends of the Hidden Temple, New Sonic the Hedgehog (I forgot the actual name of that 2D Sonic Thing), Sonic 17, Fantastic Beasts etc...I didn't see this many new trailers last month during E3...Anyway! Wonder Woman reminded me a bit of Captain America in a way. I like how there seems to be power emanating from the lasso and I'm hoping she using that more than her swords to be honest. It looks really damn promising and I hope it's a good movie. The Justice League trailer made me laugh a bit; I'm not sold on Mamoa as Aquaman but I loved Barry Allen so far...not his costume but the character seems fine. Since it's such an early trailer, I'm going to assume that Cyborg and Flash are going to get better costumes by the premier. Justice League looks like it might be really good and again, I REALLY hope it's a good movie. C'mon DC comics, embrace levity! Apparently there's a trailer for a King Arthur movie and all I can think right now is that 'it probably doesn't feature Etrigan the Demon so screw it'.
Ooh Fantasitc Beast, I am liking the choice that it takes place in the 1930s-40s era New York because it would have been really corny if it takes place in now:

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Shoggoth2588 said:
undeadsuitor said:

Gotta appeal to all those people who bought into Injustice! Appeal harder dammit!!

---

I saw both about an hour ago and...and it just hit me that I've seen a lot of trailers over the past 30 hours. Justice League, Wonder Woman, Legends of the Hidden Temple, New Sonic the Hedgehog (I forgot the actual name of that 2D Sonic Thing), Sonic 17, Fantastic Beasts etc...I didn't see this many new trailers last month during E3...Anyway! Wonder Woman reminded me a bit of Captain America in a way. I like how there seems to be power emanating from the lasso and I'm hoping she using that more than her swords to be honest. It looks really damn promising and I hope it's a good movie. The Justice League trailer made me laugh a bit; I'm not sold on Mamoa as Aquaman but I loved Barry Allen so far...not his costume but the character seems fine. Since it's such an early trailer, I'm going to assume that Cyborg and Flash are going to get better costumes by the premier. Justice League looks like it might be really good and again, I REALLY hope it's a good movie. C'mon DC comics, embrace levity!

Apparently there's a trailer for a King Arthur movie and all I can think right now is that 'it probably doesn't feature Etrigan the Demon so screw it'.
I am terrified at the prospect of what WB/DC would do if it made a live action Etrigan. Simply terrified.

Parasondox

Jun 15, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
undeadsuitor said:

---

I saw both about an hour ago and...and it just hit me that I've seen a lot of trailers over the past 30 hours. Justice League, Wonder Woman, Legends of the Hidden Temple, New Sonic the Hedgehog (I forgot the actual name of that 2D Sonic Thing), Sonic 17, Fantastic Beasts etc...I didn't see this many new trailers last month during E3...Anyway! Wonder Woman reminded me a bit of Captain America in a way. I like how there seems to be power emanating from the lasso and I'm hoping she using that more than her swords to be honest. It looks really damn promising and I hope it's a good movie. The Justice League trailer made me laugh a bit; I'm not sold on Mamoa as Aquaman but I loved Barry Allen so far...not his costume but the character seems fine. Since it's such an early trailer, I'm going to assume that Cyborg and Flash are going to get better costumes by the premier. Justice League looks like it might be really good and again, I REALLY hope it's a good movie. C'mon DC comics, embrace levity! Apparently there's a trailer for a King Arthur movie and all I can think right now is that 'it probably doesn't feature Etrigan the Demon so screw it'.
Ooh Fantasitc Beast, I am liking the choice that it takes place in the 1930s-40s era New York because it would have been really corny if it takes place in now:

Is it me or does Eddie Redmayne seem like he could be a good Doctor (Doctor Who). It's a mix of Smith, mostly him, and some Tennant.

Shoggoth2588

Aug 31, 2009
Samtemdo8 said:
Shoggoth2588 said:
undeadsuitor said:

-snip-

As interesting as this looks and despite the fact that it's probably going to be a pretty OK movie (at least), I'm always going to be at least a little bit bitter that FBaWTFT isn't going to be a March of the Penguins/Walking with Dinosaurs style documentary. Yes, narrative would be virtually non-existent but an extensive look at the creatures inhabiting the HP universe is just so much more interesting to me...oh well.

Cheesy Goodness

Aug 24, 2009
The Wonder Woman trailer looks like Thor and Captain America's first movies had a baby. I'm not a WW guy at all, but color me impressed for now. On the other hand, the Justice League trailer, as early as it is, appears like a complete reversal in tone from BvS. My fear is that its too much in the other direction. I don't want to see Batman in a Marvel clone. Even so, I'm still keeping my fingers crossed that is it is better received. This universe needs to work out so I can keep seeing Batfleck movies.

Casual Shinji

Should've gone before we left.
Legacy
Jul 18, 2009
undeadsuitor said:
He looks like friggin' Kickpuncher from Community.

The trailer for the most part looks fine, but that guy looks like shit.

It's also kind of adorable how much they're trying to make Aquaman look like the meaniest badass. 'He's drinking a beer and then smashes the bottle to the ground while he takes a wave head-on as it crashes onto the rocks. FUCK YEAH, BRO!!!!'

The Wonder Woman trailer kinda worked... until I saw her taking part in trench warefare in what I assume is WW1. Maybe that's my inability to buy into a superhero in a short skirt and wielding a golden lasso within that setting

Hawki

Elite Member
Legacy
Mar 4, 2014
Country
Australia
I'm, er, mixed.

Look, anyone who knows me at all knows that I care little about superheroes and even less about the comics that spawned them, so taking the trailers in isolation:

-The Justice League movie looks weird. It's got this grim aesthetic with lots of quips, and Batman being in broad daylight with metahumans highlights just how rediculous it is. It's also a clear reaction to the reaction to BvS, and while that was a bad film IMO, the reasons for that were primiarly in plot and character rather than tone. It highlights what I've always felt, that Batman has no business in the Justice League, and works far better by his lonesome. Also, the slow-motion scene drags on too long. But I will say that Ezra Miller is a good Flash. Assuming The Flash TV series is indicative of the character as he appears in the source, they've captured it here well.

Also, Jason Mormoa by the sea. Is he looking for Atlantis? Because last I heard that was back in Pegasus. ;p

-The Wonder Woman movie looks a bit better. I see Jim Kirk...I mean Chris Pine, can still get the girls. It's also somehow performed the feat of getting Wonder Woman on the battlefields of WWI, struggling against machine guns and mortars, and somehow NOT making it look cheesy. This feels like the far more coherent product. Also, is that Wonder Woman's theme from BvS I hear at the end? Because if so, more of this music please. :)

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
Hawki said:
I'm, er, mixed.

Look, anyone who knows me at all knows that I care little about superheroes and even less about the comics that spawned them, so taking the trailers in isolation:

-The Justice League movie looks weird. It's got this grim aesthetic with lots of quips, and Batman being in broad daylight with metahumans highlights just how rediculous it is. It's also a clear reaction to the reaction to BvS, and while that was a bad film IMO, the reasons for that were primiarly in plot and character rather than tone. It highlights what I've always felt, that Batman has no business in the Justice League, and works far better by his lonesome. Also, the slow-motion scene drags on too long. But I will say that Ezra Miller is a good Flash. Assuming The Flash TV series is indicative of the character as he appears in the source, they've captured it here well.

Also, Jason Mormoa by the sea. Is he looking for Atlantis? Because last I heard that was back in Pegasus. ;p

-The Wonder Woman movie looks a bit better. I see Jim Kirk...I mean Chris Pine, can still get the girls. It's also somehow performed the feat of getting Wonder Woman on the battlefields of WWI, struggling against machine guns and mortars, and somehow NOT making it look cheesy. This feels like the far more coherent product. Also, is that Wonder Woman's theme from BvS I hear at the end? Because if so, more of this music please. :)
That music when it played in the Doomsday fight made me smile with glee :D

BabySinclair

Apr 15, 2009
Justice League: Why would the Flash wear armor? As mentioned before, it makes no sense. Armor is for reducing injuries from being hit, unless this Flash has fought speedsters with knives or something warranting armor all it could do is encumber him and/or limit his range of motion. Otherwise ehh, we'll see closer to release.

Wonder Woman: Looked surprisingly good, dialogue wasn't to bad, visuals were nice, the only real issue I took was when asked about her father she said "Zeus brought me to life". It sounds like they're going with her true origins, so why didn't they have Hippolyta as the one that brought her to life?

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
JL: Smells of Civil War, especially the Flash scene. Not a bad thing necessarily. Hopefully the next trailer will show us more of the voice the crew is going for. Still, there's room for this to be good, and not a single long-winded exposition of destiny. Still, they're focusing on an external threats leaves a lot of exploration space to work in compared to the MCU (where the villain is: oh god what did Tony do this time). Still worried that they'll fuck up the bad guys in here, because DC lives and dies on the antagonists (Snyderman Zod and BvS Lex were god. awful.)

WW: Love period pieces. I just wish they could step away from the DCCU color pallet though. Would really pop to have some bright primaries against the WW1 backdrop

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
MCerberus said:
JL: Smells of Civil War, especially the Flash scene. Not a bad thing necessarily. Hopefully the next trailer will show us more of the voice the crew is going for. Still, there's room for this to be good, and not a single long-winded exposition of destiny. Still, they're focusing on an external threats leaves a lot of exploration space to work in compared to the MCU (where the villain is: oh god what did Tony do this time). Still worried that they'll fuck up the bad guys in here, because DC lives and dies on the antagonists (Snyderman Zod and BvS Lex were god. awful.)

WW: Love period pieces. I just wish they could step away from the DCCU color pallet though. Would really pop to have some bright primaries against the WW1 backdrop
Zod was the best character in the movie. Miles better than Luthor.

MCerberus

Jun 26, 2013
Samtemdo8 said:
MCerberus said:

That's more sad than anything really

Samtemdo8_v1legacy

Aug 2, 2015
MCerberus said:
Samtemdo8 said:
MCerberus said:

That's more sad than anything really
His acting certainly helped:

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Kibeth41 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Hey, I like the tone shift. I just don't trust the tone shift.
-"We have criticism! We don't like the unforgiving seriousness of Batman vs Superman!!!"
-*DC listens to criticism*
-"We don't trust you changing your movies to match our criticisms!!!"

Also, Suicide Squad exists... And that's obviously the most serious movie in the world. I half see where you're coming from, but it looks as if their next 3 movies are all trying to lighten up, following the BvS criticisms. I honestly don't see any reason why they'd try to make this some kind of ruse? It's not far-fetched that a company listens to complaints in order to try and improve the quality of their movies.
Let me put it another way - I don't trust them not to completely fuck this up. This is the company that somehow screwed up a Batman vs. Superman movie, on multiple levels. This is the company that initially sold Suicide Squad as a fairly straight forward, semi-serious villain movie, and then had to completely change gears and reshoot a quarter of the thing because of how badly the previously mentioned BvS did, and the wide spread cries of 'Fuck this noise, I'm out.' This is a company that seems hellbent on messing up every single DC idea they can lay hands on, no matter how easy it should be to deliver. Seriously, how do you fuck up a movie where Superman and Batman fight at the behest of Luthor? It's a god damn softball concept if there ever was one.

So no, I don't trust the trailers. I don't trust WB/DC. And they'll have to do a lot more then show a handful of mildly humorous clips to get me back onboard, or even get me to shut up about how God awful this whole mess is.

Besides, Batman vs Superman wasn't as bad as everyone was pretending. Just the same as how Ghostbusters wasn't as bad as everyone wanted it to be.
Yes, it was. It was terrible. It's a movie so bad it actually ruined my day. I had to hate watch the entire Justice League/JL: Unlimited series just to recover.

As for Ghostbuster, hell if I know. My friend saw it and said it wasn't bad, but that if one didn't like Melissa McCarthy in general, one should stay away, so that's what I'm doing. This friends never let me down before, with the exception of him trying to get me to play every single FF13 game, going so far as to buy them for me while they're on sale.

I haven't the slightest clue why he wants me to like those games. No God damn clue.

DefunctTheory

Not So Defunct Now
Mar 30, 2010
Kibeth41 said:
AccursedTheory said:
Yes, it was. It was terrible. It's a movie so bad it actually ruined my day. I had to hate watch the entire Justice League/JL: Unlimited series just to recover.
Being so madly dramatic really hurts your arguments. I'm not getting into another BvS argument, but it wasn't that bad. It wasn't perfect, but it wasn't as awful as you're pretending it is.
I have no wish to get into another point for point over this either, but don't sit there and tell me I'm bullshitting for affect. It made me so angry I was literally shaking. It was, quite frankly, atrocious, and the only other movie I can think of that got me this pissed was Predators, and even this movie blew that out of the water.

I suppose I'd have to accept that how bad the movie was is a matter of opinion. But, again, don't sit there and try to tell me how I felt about it, or tell me I'm lying about my reaction. I assure you, I am not.

Here Comes Tomorrow

Jan 7, 2009
I'm kind of annoyed they shoved a romance plot into Wonder Woman and focussed like 1/3 of the trailer on the dude also doing action things.

I'm generally not one for gender politics but it would be nice to see a movie about a woman superhero and a female friend. Also, romance plots in action movies are shitty and drag everything down.