Wonder Woman Is Israel's Gal Gadot

Karloff

Oct 19, 2009
Wonder Woman Is Israel's Gal Gadot

Warner Brothers has picked the Fast and Furious actress for its unnamed Man of Steel sequel.

Israel's Gal Gadot, best known for her appearances in the Fast and Furious movies, shall be Wonder Woman in the upcoming, unnamed Man of Steel sequel. The former Miss Israel will appear alongside Henry Cavill's Superman and Ben Affleck's Batman in 2015.

"Wonder Woman is arguably one of the most powerful female characters of all time and a fan favorite in the DC Universe," says director Zach Snyder. "Not only is Gal an amazing actress, but she also has that magical quality that makes her perfect for the role."

It's been a meteoric rise for Gadot. She became Miss Israel in 2004, and a modelling contract soon followed. It interrupted her army time, but after a three year absence she went back in and served as a fitness instructor. Though she had some TV roles, it wasn't until 2009's Fast and Furious that she began to get serious critical attention.

Now she's the world's most famous Amazon. Good luck to her!

Source: Newsarama [http://www.newsarama.com/19722-superman-batman-s-wonder-woman-cast.html]

mattttherman3

Dec 16, 2008
So, we're getting the Holy Trinity of DC comics in a movie, smart move, I am impressed. Let's just hope that there is a little more fun and less neck snapping!

Trishbot

May 10, 2011
... Well, there goes my dreams of Gina Carano filling those shoes. She had the looks, the body, and the ability (and she does her own stunts)... but, oh well, good luck to the new girl.

mattttherman3 said:
So, we're getting the Holy Trinity of DC comics in a movie, smart move, I am impressed. Let's just hope that there is a little more fun and less neck snapping!
Seriously. Man of Steel isn't BAD... but, good grief, it's a miserably dark, gray, dour movie for a character so full of joy, charisma, and old-fashioned heroics. Have fun next time, guys!

Voren

Jun 26, 2010
NO ONE in the fast and the furious franchise can fucking act to save their lives with the exception of Vin Diesel to a degree. WHY in god's name would you cast someone who's acting handicapped when Jaime Alexander from Thor was already in the talks? Alexander looks like wonder woman far more than this woman does and HAS experience in fighting roles. is everyone in WB retarded?

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
Well she looks the part. I've seen nothing she's been in so I only have looks to go on. Still, I'm a little sad those rumours that Jamie Alexander was being cast didn't pan out.

Vivi22

Aug 22, 2010
Just used the old google search since I haven't watched any of the Fast and the Furious movies. Looks like she'll really need to bulk up quite a bit to be honest. She doesn't have to get to female bodybuilder levels or anything (though I do prefer a taller, more muscular depiction of Wonder Woman given she's a superhuman warrior), but the pictures google showed me make her look like a stick.

EDIT: And I have to agree with everyone saying Jamie Alexander would have been a better pick. At least as far as looks.

blackdwarf

Jun 7, 2010
And she couldn't get her own movie because?

I am glad we are finally getting a movie with WW, but I am disappointed that she will be a part of the Hollywood deathmatch which is sequel to man of steel.

Elijah Newton

Sep 17, 2008
Hunh. Nope, my vote stays for Gina Carano. I was disappointed in Haywire, but not because of her action scenes.

Jamie Alexander is a fair call, but she's already playing for the other team, so to speak.

Drauger

Dec 22, 2011
Well Im disappointed, I don't give a shit for fast and furious so I don't know who she is but searching in google, she doesn't fit Dianna .... she really needs to put to buff a lot I don't know how well she acts but... if the best she has done is fast fast and furious..... I don't have high hopes...... so sad...

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Hey Wonder Woman mov-...bit part in someone else's movie. Eh.

More to the point, she is a woman whose first name is "Gal". Cue corny jokes.

Nov 28, 2007
Really people? You are going to judge her just based on looks? I'm not arguing that she'll be perfect for the role, mind you. But saying she won't work in the role just because she's not "buff"? That's a bit unfair, especially considering Christian Bale.

The picture on the left is Christian Bale in 2004's The Machinist. The picture on the right is Christian Bale in Batman Begins a year later. The gap in filming for those two movies? About six months. In that time gap, he put on about 60 pounds through diet and exercise in order to "buff up" for the role. I think it is safe to say that Gal could do something quite similar, especially since she is not starting from as thin as Christian Bale, and is not trying to get as big as Christian Bale.

PuckFuppet

Entroducing.
Jan 10, 2009
My first impression, who?

Second impression, why not [insert list]?

Third impression, oh look a roughly Caucasian looking woman. Good show.

2HF

May 24, 2011
thebobmaster said:
Really people? You are going to judge her just based on looks? I'm not arguing that she'll be perfect for the role, mind you. But saying she won't work in the role just because she's not "buff"? That's a bit unfair, especially considering Christian Bale.

The picture on the left is Christian Bale in 2004's The Machinist. The picture on the right is Christian Bale in Batman Begins a year later. The gap in filming for those two movies? About six months. In that time gap, he put on about 60 pounds through diet and exercise in order to "buff up" for the role. I think it is safe to say that Gal could do something quite similar, especially since she is not starting from as thin as Christian Bale, and is not trying to get as big as Christian Bale.
Bale is a method actor who's insane to boot. This woman is a pretty face who got famous off her pretty face and isn't going to jeopardize her body for a bit part. This is a ludicrous comparison.

Flames66

Aug 22, 2009
Frontastic said:
Well she looks the part. I've seen nothing she's been in so I only have looks to go on. Still, I'm a little sad those rumours that Jamie Alexander was being cast didn't pan out.
In what way does she look the part? She looks to me like a stick figure with a Disney princes face, not an amazonian warrior. She looks like someone who would trip over and break a nail, not someone who would punch a T-rex in the face.

Nov 28, 2007
2HF said:
thebobmaster said:

Bale is a method actor who's insane to boot. This woman is a pretty face who got famous off her pretty face and isn't going to jeopardize her body for a bit part. This is a ludicrous comparison.
I'm just saying that writing her off for not being in shape is a bit unfair. Let me also point out something mentioned in the article.

"It interrupted her army time, but after a three year absence she went back in and served as a fitness instructor."

If anyone should be able to get into good shape and buff up safely without jeopardizing their body, it's a fitness instructor. Plus, saying she's just a pretty face is a bit unfair, considering that she was in the Israeli army.

PedroSteckecilo

Mexican Fugitive
Feb 7, 2008
She seems a little to fine and waifley rather than statuesque and powerful... I guess we'll need to see how things go...

Though to be fair to the lady she was in the Israeli Army so maybe she can become more statuesque and powerful...

Frontastic

Aug 3, 2010
Flames66 said:
Frontastic said:
In what way does she look the part? She looks to me like a stick figure with a Disney princes face, not an amazonian warrior. She looks like someone who would trip over and break a nail, not someone who would punch a T-rex in the face.
Haha, true but I'm assuming that she'll be going through heavy training over the next few months. As she is now, yes, too skinny but with some muscle I could see her pulling it off. As for the Disney princess face, that's always how I assumed Diana would look. She comes from the world of the Greek myths, having a Disney-esque look for that seems fitting.

CriticalMiss

Jan 18, 2013
I was hoping Jamie Alexander would get the part, she would have been just about the only redeeming quality that film had. I wasn't likely to watch the film until it was on DVD/online anyway so I guess it's not such a big deal that an actress I've never heard of or seen in a movie is taking a likely minor role in it. I can't say that she really looks the part though, besides having dark hair and boobs.