Wonder Woman TV Show Details Leaked

Sinclair Solutions

Jul 22, 2010
theonlyblaze2 said:
Not a reader of Wonder Woman, but I worry that TV will ruin her like it did the Walking Dead.
What do mean by "ruined" The Walking Dead? I have only seen the pilot. I know it doesn't follow the plot down to the letter, but it's been getting great reviews. Some say it's a great show despite the changes to the plot, because it still makes you sympathize with the characters. That's just what I've heard, though. So, is it bad?

On topic...meh. It'll get horrible reviews, get cancelled, and we'l probably never talk about it again, unless in jest.

Fuloqwam

Jul 29, 2009
sravankb said:
RIP Wonder Woman.

Anyways, you know one thing I can't get over - that she's dressed like a slut. I'm sorry, but it's bullshit when people try to make you take a character like that seriously.

It'd be like Gordon Freeman prancing around in a clown suit.
Yeah, the comics recently changed her costume for just that reason. Now it looks almost halfway decent (link is below), but you should go onto any comic forum and listen to the fanboys bitching. "No! Her crotch needs to be wrapped with an american flag! That's how every woman should aspire to look!"

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/WW-Jim-Lee.jpg

On topic; I've tried to stop judging things before I see them, it sounds bad, but I'm all for giving it a chance. It can't possibly be as bad as Smallville.

Catalyst6

Dapper Fellow
Apr 21, 2010
By the gods... please, industry, just leave the comic books alone! You make movies off of them, fine, whatever, those are limited. But this is just too much...

Antidrall

Mar 16, 2010
Well, I believe that we should all stand and have a moment of silence for the death of our amazon Princess Diana's dignity. Rest in peace.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
Hollock said:
Wonder Woman is kinda like the Sonic the hedgehog of the DC universe huh? Popular enough to make money off of, but not popular enough to treat right. By the way who was it who said that about sonic, Moviebob?
[HEADING=2]hijacking the thread[/HEADING]
but I still be it will be better than the raven from the teen titans show
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118028442
*stunned horror*

I..I'm speechless. I feel something...something evil, welling up inside me...I must...I must...

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
Quite frankly, I think a Wonder Woman fight sequence set to "Bad Romance" is the best thing I've heard of all week.

Sniper Team 4

Apr 28, 2010
I read the part about singing and pop songs and I swear part of my brain twitched trying to process those sentences. No. No no no no no no no no no no no.

I like Wonder Woman in the cartoon shows. Why is it so hard to get her character right when dealing with "real" shows?

"What's wrong with how I dress?"

RJ Dalton

Aug 13, 2009
I'm already expecting cringe inducing. I was expecting it from the moment I heard there was going to be a Wonder Woman series. I don't know much about the mythology of the character, but what little I do know suggests that the character needs a very careful touch with a genuine sense of respect for the themes and ideas behind the series; her being a woman, I assumed the TV executives would have neither, as they have no idea how to realistically portray a feminist icon without pissing all over themselves.
It's more or less the same reason why I tend to hate minority characters in most movies and TV shows.

Antonio Torrente

Feb 19, 2010
Veloxe said:
ShadowKirby said:
So, going after the teenage girl demographic I see.
There would be more bieber songs if that was the case.
Oh god no! If listening to Justin Bieber's whining( because it's always played in my country's music channel a lot) isn't enough now I have to listen it on a show about a superhero? Please don't make happen.

cerebus23

May 16, 2010
Wakefield said:
This is a joke. There's no way someone would write something that awful.
Oh they can and they do write stuff this awful, but why for the love of god they feel the need to attach this drivel to wonder woman, is just mind numbingly stupid.

If wonder woman were real she would rip david e kelly's spine out and beat him to death with it.

And who thinks wonder woman dressed like a slut? She never looked all that slutty to me espcially since the 1960s one piece swim suits were hardly shocking. And there are any number of comic book super women that wear less. Certainly her costume never bothered me in any of the animated series or the movies, probably because she is no joke and a serious character and can be seriously scary. Now if this wonder woman makes it to tv then sure she would be a downright joke running around in a bikini with s&m bracelets on and using bondage to make people tell her the truth. and why the hell ripping off iron man with the public tycoon persona that is a out and out hero. What the hell is wrong with using the source material exactly.

Or how about they get the guys did the justice league cartoon those guys know how to write batman, wonder woman, superman period, and know the material they are working with, they sure could to a hell of a better job than d kelly will.

Pilkingtube

Edible
Mar 24, 2010
I'm torn in two, one half of me worships David E Kelly for the legend that was Boston Legal, the other half of me thinks that this.. this won't be pretty. :(

Doubtful that it will even reach the UK before it's cancelled.

marscentral

Where's the Kaboom?
Dec 26, 2009
You'd think they'd have learned their lesson from Superman and Batman and how universally despised the various efforts to move away from their classic identities are. That sounds like it was written ten years ago by someone who has never even read a comic book, much less a Wonder Woman one and just used google to slap some appropriate names in.

I'm just hoping this script is a deliberate red herring to throw people off the real thing that's actually good.

Batfred

Nov 11, 2009
I think that I speak for a great many of us when I say "oh dear"!

That sounds terrible. It makes me think of the Spiderman movies of the 60/ 70's e.g. this will be great when you look back at it in 40 years as camp buffonary (that is a word... honest).

Vault Citizen

May 8, 2008
Fuloqwam said:
sravankb said:
RIP Wonder Woman.

Anyways, you know one thing I can't get over - that she's dressed like a slut. I'm sorry, but it's bullshit when people try to make you take a character like that seriously.

It'd be like Gordon Freeman prancing around in a clown suit.
Yeah, the comics recently changed her costume for just that reason. Now it looks almost halfway decent (link is below), but you should go onto any comic forum and listen to the fanboys bitching. "No! Her crotch needs to be wrapped with an american flag! That's how every woman should aspire to look!"

http://forbiddenplanet.co.uk/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/WW-Jim-Lee.jpg
I wouldn't mind her change so much if it weren't so bland and uninteresting. And why is it a bad thing if the fans don't like it? They are the ones who have been following the character all these years. It looks like the "reboot" is only temporary though and that in a few months Wonder Woman will be starring in her comic again.