Wonder Woman TV Show Details Leaked

qbanknight

Apr 15, 2009
Damn, that sounds shit. I thought Smallville was kinda lame, but at least it had somewhat of a respect for the source material. This is just dumb, written by someone who's never read a Wonder Woman comic and sounds almost borderline offensive to what the character was all about

Trogdor1138

May 28, 2010
See, there were heaps of people wondering why it didn't get picked up and various sources said how wrong the networks were for not picking it up sooner.

But apparently they didn't think about maybe, just maybe... It was a piece of shit? Of course they'd like to think the timing is wrong, the network politics etc. But honestly, it sounds like this is one that was justified to stay buried... Except it's not, thanks.

Writers tend to love to blame other sources.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
ultimasupersaiyan said:
We need MovieBobs point of view on this. I'm sure he'd havea few choice words about it.
No. Linkara's better at this kind of thing.

KeyMaster45

Gone Gonzo
Jun 16, 2008
theonlyblaze2 said:
Not a reader of Wonder Woman, but I worry that TV will ruin her like it did the Walking Dead.
Huh, I heard the walking dead was a pretty damn good tv show. To each their own I suppose.

OT: Well I wish I could say I didn't see this coming, but yeah...I sorta saw this coming. It's just one of those laws of the universe that a wonder woman tv adaptation will suck.

AgentBJ09

May 24, 2010
vansau said:
I'm normally a fan of David E. Kelly's shows, but I'm not entirely sold on this yet. Based on the initial description, the show sounds kinda unremarkable and a possibly cringe-inducing. After reading through the summary, I can't say I'm all that surprised a ton of networks passed on the pilot. However, pilot episodes are often the worst in a series, and this is just a script, so it's hard to pass judgment on the show as of yet.
I don't like being judgmental before a series airs, but MY GOD. Someone, please, kill this. All I see is a bad taste to be left in the mouths of people who truly like Wonder Woman's character, which is the wrong way to promote a new series based on a comic book character.

Not G. Ivingname

Nov 18, 2009
vansau said:
? Diana might not have an invisible jet (if she did, I didn't see it)
Why am I the only one to notice the irony here :p

OT: Huhh... does DC have any idea what to do with Wonder Woman? At all?

Hollock

Jun 26, 2009
Wonder Woman is kinda like the Sonic the hedgehog of the DC universe huh? Popular enough to make money off of, but not popular enough to treat right. By the way who was it who said that about sonic, Moviebob?
[HEADING=2]hijacking the thread[/HEADING]
but I still be it will be better than the raven from the teen titans show
http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118028442

2fish

Sep 10, 2008
While I may not like the sound of this part of me wants it to do well so I can laugh at those who watch the inevitable Wonder Woman Home makeover spin off.

"Hmm this wall just makes the house feel tight and unwelcoming, Wonder Woman would you please punch this wall out?"

LadyRhian

May 13, 2010
I think I puked to every second line of that description. No, no, a million, billion times. "NO!" It's a Bohica series, as in "Bend over, here it comes again." to Wonder Woman's image and conception. Why, oh why did David E. Kelley have to perform the equivalent of screwing the franchise in the ass? Girl Power? Hell NO. Woman Power! Wonder Woman should be able to kick ass and take names with the rest of the male heroes, but do it more beautifully and gracefully, because she is just that awesome.

This is an abomination that should be drop-kicked to the depths of tartarus.

sheic99

Oct 15, 2008
Not G. Ivingname said:
vansau said:
? Diana might not have an invisible jet (if she did, I didn't see it)
Why am I the only one to notice the irony here :p

OT: Huhh... does DC have any idea what to do with Wonder Woman? At all?
DC just doesn't know quite when to not give their IPs away.

OT: The only way this can work is if they ditch the project completely and do something not shit.

RowdyRodimus

Apr 24, 2010
ultimasupersaiyan said:
Urge to kill rising.... rising... risiNG... risING... rISING...RISING!!!!

So this isn't Wonder Woman at all? It's just Ali McBeal with a whip? You know what? Screw live action crap! Let's just stick to the Warner Bros animated movies. That Wonder Woman animated movie did a fantasic job of modernising Wonder Woman without pissing all over it.

I miss Wonder Woman already... and Linda Carter's original looks and body shape.
You actually Ninja'd me. I was thinking "Diana McBeal" as soon as I read halfway through the story. You know, if two people who have never met think the exact same thing about a characterization being piss poor, chances are it's true.

LesIsMore

Jul 22, 2008
Jesus Christ. This looks atrocious. Then again, from David E. Kelley, maker of such gems as "Snoops," "girls club," "The Brotherhood of Poland, New Hampshire" and the ludicrously horrid "Harry's Law," quality is not a consideration.

New rule: the way to desecrate a comic book franchise isn't to get to the third film in a series, it's to make a pilot episode.

13lackfriday

Feb 10, 2009
Sounds like Single Female Lawyer premise with some slapstick Sailor Moon shit thrown in on the side.

In all seriousness, you can't be serious.

Lolth17

Queen of the Underdark
Nov 10, 2009
This sounds absolutely horrific. David E. Kelly needs to stick to the crap lawyer shows.

Draksila

Feb 10, 2010
13lackfriday said:
Sounds like Single Female Lawyer premise with some slapstick Sailor Moon shit thrown in on the side.

In all seriousness, you can't be serious.
I'm glad I'm not the only one whose mind went straight to Futurama's take on Ali McBeal. This just looks like a train wreck waiting to happen... and we're talking three bullet train pile-up, not just a jackknifed steam engine.