WonderCon 2015 Cosplay Gallery Day One: Boatloads of Nope

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
WonderCon 2015 Cosplay Gallery Day One: Boatloads of Nope

Wondrous Cosplay abounds at WonderCon 2015, but also boatloads of absolute terror.

Read Full Article

Special Sauce

Feb 23, 2015
http://cdn.themis-media.com/media/global/images/library/deriv/902/902747.jpg

Poison Guyvy AMIRITE?

The Rogue Wolf

Stealthy Carnivore
Legacy
Nov 25, 2007
Stalking the Digital Tundra
So where's the "nope"? Cause these are quality costumes. (The guy doing Gambit went the extra mile with the red contacts, too!)

Bat Vader said:
Out of all of them I think that Garrus cosplay was the best one.
He did cheat a little by wearing black sleeves over two fingers of each hand, instead of going for the three-finger full-hand glove. But those things are probably super-uncomfortable, so I won't nitpick.

SuicidalBaby

Mar 17, 2014
The Rogue Wolf said:
So where's the "nope"? Cause these are quality costumes. (The guy doing Gambit went the extra mile with the red contacts, too!)

Bat Vader said:
He did cheat a little by wearing black sleeves over two fingers of each hand, instead of going for the three-finger full-hand glove. But those things are probably super-uncomfortable, so I won't nitpick.
over the last 2 images it says NOPE.

ninja51

Mar 28, 2010
uhhhhhh I actually thought all of those were pretty cool, including the last two. Not entirely sure where the "Nope/Bad cosplay" was... I mean goku and tien were probably the worst but this article is clearly mislabeled. I was expecting a showcase of bad cosplay from the headline but all I saw was some pretty cool expression through costumes, most of which was pretty rad

Kenbo Slice

Deep In The Willow
Jun 7, 2010
SuicidalBaby said:
The Rogue Wolf said:

Bat Vader said:
But those costumes aren't even bad.

Sep 14, 2009
Zykon TheLich said:
If y'all read the OP, you'd probably understand where the "Nope" comes into play.
yeah that went a million milers per hour over their heads..

I guess I've seen "NOPE" used almost exclusively the way the OP used it.

OT:

really liked the garrus one and the gambit one, fucking sickkk. most of them were pretty awesome.

...that is one tall ass super saiyan by the way.

zelda2fanboy

Oct 6, 2009
I really dug the Hellboy, the Catwoman, and the Garrus. Kuato was pretty sweet with the fake chest hair turning into the Kuato hair. Also, why haven't I seen more Heisenbergs yet?

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
The nope refers to my infinite nightmares after seeing pyramid head in person, not to anything about the quality of the cosplay, which is - if anything - too good.

ShenCS

Aug 24, 2010
My personal favourite was the Tien, pretty bleh until I saw the baby Chiaotzu. Fugging adorable.

Isalan

Jun 9, 2008
The old dear in the last one has a look on her face that says "My grand-daughter dressed me up like this and dragged me here." Maybe that's what they're going for (I'm unfamiliar with the property that's from) but in any case the entire lot are superb.

Personal fave has to be the Garrus though. That's a nice costume.

Scarim Coral

Jumped the ship
Legacy
Oct 29, 2010
Country
UK
Heh I thought the "nope" imply the qualities of the cosplay from the best to worst (I assume the terror as in the most scary looking regardless how accurate it looks).

SuicidalBaby

Mar 17, 2014
Kenbo Slice said:
SuicidalBaby said:
The Rogue Wolf said:

Bat Vader said:
But those costumes aren't even bad.
I think he's talking about being scared of them.

IamLEAM1983

Neloth's got swag.
Aug 22, 2011
Nope?

Huh. Okay, I'll admit to not finding Pyramid Head off-putting when cosplayed. IRL, it's just a dude wearing a really cumbersome helmet; not some sort of dark eidolon of unfathomable madness.

In-game, however? Yes, nope. Absolutely nope.

Other than that, I'm always pleasantly surprised when I see people either bring a fitting pet into a cosplay (the Spike one) or when anyone works their way around a disability (the Court of the Dead).

Malpraxis

Trust me, I'm a Doctor.
Jul 30, 2013
I don't think that word means what you think it means.

But in case I'm wrong,I volunteer to make reparations for your harsh assessment and have sexual intercourse with the female participants while they portray their characters. You can book me a ticket right now and I'll go as Max Payne after a drinking binge. Shit I'm even wearing the same suit/shirt combo right now.

Thaluikhain

Elite Member
Legacy
Jan 16, 2010
Firefox agrees with the "Nope", in that it's crashed 3 times for me in about a minute trying to look at this.

CAP: gene parmesan

Torchiest

May 18, 2011
The Pyramid Head one is awesome, simply for the fact that 1) he probably made a ton of people shit their pants and 2) that pyramid had to have been crazy heavy. Most of the rest are pretty great though.