Wooly Mammoth Blood Found in Siberia

Sewa_Yunga

I love this highway!
Nov 21, 2011
BeeGeenie said:
I have one thing to say: Mammothburgers.

It'll take a couple of generations to get a population going, but once they become economically viable, shut up and take my money.
Why wait? Let's cook up some ancient mammoth steak!

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
I'm telling you guys, genetically engineered food is the way to go. Mammoth-steak! You can freeze the stuff and it'll last THOUSANDS of years!

1337mokro

Dec 24, 2008
MrHide-Patten said:
Where are you going to put them, Antarctica? Lot's of flat Penguins.
Course not. We're going to dump them in Greenland.

They are grazers after all. Though personally I would prefer they not clone them. I mean imagine if it turns out mammoths were actually really pathetic? It would ruin the fantasy of mammoth tanks.

Kurt Cristal

Mar 31, 2010
Kate Walker would be so proud right now...

...anyone? No? -sigh- Noone plays adventure games anymore.

Either way, take THAT, nature! We're gonna bring back an extinct species.

Kae

That which exists in the absence of space.
Legacy
Nov 27, 2009
Country
The Dreamlands
These are the best news I've heard all week, please bring the Mammoths back to life, it sounds so awesome, cloned Mammoths roaming the streets... I mean wherever they put them which is definitely not the streets.

MrHide-Patten

Jun 10, 2009
1337mokro said:
MrHide-Patten said:
Where are you going to put them, Antarctica? Lot's of flat Penguins.
Course not. We're going to dump them in Greenland.

They are grazers after all. Though personally I would prefer they not clone them. I mean imagine if it turns out mammoths were actually really pathetic? It would ruin the fantasy of mammoth tanks.
And what if they don't talk and sound like Ray Romano!

Xpwn3ntial

Avid Reader
Dec 22, 2008
Sewa_Yunga said:
BeeGeenie said:

It'll take a couple of generations to get a population going, but once they become economically viable, shut up and take my money.
Why wait? Let's cook up some ancient mammoth steak!
I shit you not, I have a cookbook in my house right now that has a recipe for serving mammoth steak and some vegetable side dish that doesn't matter. No, I don't know how they thought I'd get a mammoth carcass but it's there and that the guy who wrote the recipe did it.

FalloutJack

Bah weep grah nah neep ninny bom
Nov 20, 2008
This is cool no matter what anyone says, should a dissenting opinion exist.

Science, for the love of god, science!

The White Hunter

Basment Abomination
Oct 19, 2011
TizzytheTormentor said:
SkarKrow said:
Oh please dear lord let this happen....

Consequence to the environment and food chains be damned we need us some GIANT FURRY ELEPHANTS!
Dude, we talked about how cool Owls would be as pets, I think having a Mammoth as a pet would kick some serious ass!

OT: Best preserved Mammoth in history? Wasn't there that story that found a completely frozen baby Mammoth that was so perfectly preserved that it still had what it ate that day in its stomach?

I remember hearing about that but I could be wrong...
I recall something like that too and it would kick immeasurable amounts of ass to just be able to ride everywhere on your own personal mammoth!

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
The key word here is wooly. this means we can stop abusing sheep and isntead make wool out of mammoths. this is all kinds of awesome.

Starik20X6

Oct 28, 2009
Ok, if you can clone a Wooly Mammoth, is it possible to engineer a pygmy wooly mammoth? One about the size of a German Shepherd perhaps? Tell me you wouldn't love to have a itty bitty mammoth hanging around your house!

DVS BSTrD said:
Before they start cloning, somebody make sure Wayne Knight is still at the bottom of his pit.

NEWMAN!​

unacomn

Mar 3, 2008
I hope they clone one. If we keep insisting on keeping the worthless pandas around, the least we could do is bring back a fuzzy elephant.

JonB

Don't Take Crap from Life
Sep 16, 2012
TizzytheTormentor said:
OT: Best preserved Mammoth in history? Wasn't there that story that found a completely frozen baby Mammoth that was so perfectly preserved that it still had what it ate that day in its stomach?

I remember hearing about that but I could be wrong...
So, yes, they found a tiny frozen mammoth once. They're calling "best preserved in history ever" on this one because it has real meat and blood on it - because this one has never partially thawed like others have. They found it on an island out in the pacific/arctic near Yakutsk where the temperature is pretty well constantly below -10 Celsius.

Maveleye

Nov 27, 2008
Jack T Robyn said:
And while you're at it, clone the West African Black Rhino too.
This was all I wanted to see. I don't get why they don't try this on fresher dead things.

Forobryt

Dec 14, 2012
BeeGeenie said:

Starik20X6 said:
Ok, if you can clone a Wooly Mammoth, is it possible to engineer a pygmy wooly mammoth? One about the size of a German Shepherd perhaps? Tell me you wouldn't love to have a itty bitty mammoth hanging around your house!
I dont know which of these is better, because mammoth steak would be huge and possibly delicious, but at the same time tiny mammoth pet would be awesome.
Plus add to that when you have kids you can give it a tiny saddle and the adorable multiplies.

Olas

Hello!
Dec 24, 2011
BeeGeenie said:

CriticalMiss said:
This can only lead to good things like... MAMMOTH BACON! I can see it now. Prime Norwegian mammoths raised overlooking the majestic fjords by beautiful viking maidens. No mammoth cheese though, we don't want to attract giants.
Abomination said:
I'm telling you guys, genetically engineered food is the way to go. Mammoth-steak! You can freeze the stuff and it'll last THOUSANDS of years!
digital warrior said:
.... Ok am I the only one who wants to try a Mammoth burger or steak. Anybody?
We're talking about bringing a PREHISTORIC CREATURE back to life, essentially playing god and creating something no modern man has ever bore witness to before, and all you guys can think about is how you want it prepared. Oh well, I guess that's humans for you.

BTW: If you really want to know it'll probably taste like elephant, so stringy and gamey, but be even more work to prepare.