Wooly Mammoth Blood Found in Siberia

Abomination

Dec 17, 2012
OlasDAlmighty said:
BeeGeenie said:
I have one thing to say: Mammothburgers.

It'll take a couple of generations to get a population going, but once they become economically viable, shut up and take my money.
CriticalMiss said:
This can only lead to good things like... MAMMOTH BACON! I can see it now. Prime Norwegian mammoths raised overlooking the majestic fjords by beautiful viking maidens. No mammoth cheese though, we don't want to attract giants.
Abomination said:
I'm telling you guys, genetically engineered food is the way to go. Mammoth-steak! You can freeze the stuff and it'll last THOUSANDS of years!
digital warrior said:
.... Ok am I the only one who wants to try a Mammoth burger or steak. Anybody?
We're talking about bringing a PREHISTORIC CREATURE back to life, essentially playing god and creating something no modern man has ever bore witness to before, and all you guys can think about is how you want it prepared. Oh well, I guess that's humans for you.

BTW: If you really want to know it'll probably taste like elephant, so stringy and gamey, but be even more work to prepare.
And we're talking about PRACTICAL uses for it to serve humanity.

What's the point of doing something incredible if there's no practical use for it or there's nothing discovered by doing so?

Ickorus

Mar 9, 2009
Inb4 North Korea claims they cloned it and parades about an elephant with fur glued to it.

SteewpidZombie

Dec 31, 2010
If the animal is frozen enough...I wonder if they could defrost and cook a small steak off of it...

That's be probably the biggest bragging right in modern history.

Guy 1: "I just bought a new $80,000 sportscar!"
Guy 2: "YEAH! WELL I'VE EATEN A MAMMOTH STEAK! SUCK-IIIIIIIIIIIT!"

GamemasterAnthony

Dec 5, 2010
For all those talking about mammoth steak or mammoth burgers, have I got a surprise for you: Scientists actually DID try mammoth meat a long time ago.

I can't remember when this was (sometime in the 80's I believe), but I read an article that they had found a mammoth perfectly preserved and wondered if it could have been used to sustain early man. The meat they tested was described as tough and gamy.

God, I wish I could remember where I read that. But yeah...at one time some brainy guys had themselves some mammoth.