Words/Phrases that annoy you.

Kajt

Feb 20, 2009
When people use like, you know and um... way too much in a sentence.
GET TO THE POINT ALREADY!

Rascarin

Feb 8, 2009
I hate the word "tactile". My mum uses it all the time, and even more so since I told her that I can't stand it. (*****)

JoshasorousRex

Dec 5, 2008
When people use fully wrong. Such as "I was fully there" That just doesn't sound right

EDIT: Is fully even a word!?!

Flap Jack452

Jan 5, 2009
Thought of another one: "Oh my God, thats <color=purple>Soooooooooooo funny! <color=purple>Like, Oh my God! *nervous giggle*" And you know that the girl who says that never actually laughs

Spacelord

May 7, 2008
I'm studying Human Resource Management, where they're all about corporate buzzwords that drive me UP THE FUCKING WALL.

Our library is called a 'studylandscape', we don't get grades but 'assessments', based on our 'competence matrix' in our 'digital portfolio', where we have essays about 'lifetime employability' and transcripts of interviews using 'neuro-linguistic programming conversational techniques'.

I could go on for hours.

Joshimodo

Sep 13, 2008
The influx of words like "beast" being used to describe things.

"Heard the new song by <insert generic sh*tty band here>? It's well beast."

Same goes for any word that shouldn't be used in that manner, but is.

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
SecretTacoNinja said:
Rational-Delirium said:
Like, when people, like, talk, and they like, don't have a, like good understanding of what they're, like, going to talk about, you know. Yeah.

Ditzes: they come in all shapes and sizes, but they speak the same language.
Like, combine that, y'know like, with a Gloucester accent (yeah?), where they add an "errrrrrr" after every (like) 'R' sound and you have my answer.

Also any chav phrases.
Monkfish Acc. said:
SecretTacoNinja said:
Rational-Delirium said:
Like, when people, like, talk, and they like, don't have a, like good understanding of what they're, like, going to talk about, you know. Yeah.

Like, combine that, y'know like, with a Gloucester accent (yeah?), where they add an "errrrrrr" after every (like) 'R' sound and you have my answer.

Also any chav phrases.
Like, combine dem wit', like, a badly attempted Gloucester accent, yah, and top it wit', like, a heavy Cork drawl, like.

See, 'cause it's still annoying, but you can understand it less.
I am going to murder the both of you.
Yeah, I know.
Wait, why this time?

Monkfish Acc.

May 7, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
MaxTheReaper said:
SecretTacoNinja said:
Rational-Delirium said:

Also any chav phrases.
Monkfish Acc. said:
SecretTacoNinja said:
Rational-Delirium said:

Also any chav phrases.
Like, combine dem wit', like, a badly attempted Gloucester accent, yah, and top it wit', like, a heavy Cork drawl, like.

Yeah, I know.
Wait, why this time?
This thread is destroying my mind, and you are party to that.
Like, really?

Cowabungaa

Feb 10, 2008
"It's going to be alright." No it's not just going to be alright, shit like just doesn't POOF happen! I can't stand optimism when it lacks any form of foundation, it's so...unrealistic. Watching the world with the so-called 'pink sunglasses' is only making it going to hurt a lot more, and it's not going to really help anyway.

SecretTacoNinja

Jul 8, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Monkfish Acc. said:
SecretTacoNinja said:
Rational-Delirium said:

Also any chav phrases.

See? It annoys you and you haven't even heard it being spoken!

XJ-0461

Mar 9, 2009
whenever people use "lol" in general conversation. online it's all right, but when you're standing next to someone and somethings funny, just fucking laugh!

Nefy

Mar 13, 2009
Although it may not be a phrase or word, but whenever someone shudders and sounds the following in a most over-reacting way: 'Brrrrrrr' without there being any reason to shudder or make such a sound I twitch.

I swear, a piece of me dies whenever someone shudders for no reason other than to display their nuisance with the topic at hand.