Words/Phrases that annoy you.

Avida

Oct 17, 2008
MaxTheReaper said:
Avida said:
Epic.

AAAAAAAHHHHHHH hate it! Moreover the fact that its being used to describe cocking everything recently
Dude, like, this rant was like, epic, like, you know?
Like yeah.
Fail

.. Is the other word i despise, as well as it's bastard sibling This.

SenseOfTumour

Jul 11, 2008
oh and 'retarded', even tho I was terribly guilty of it at school, it's something I grew out of, and to be fair 'Joey Deacon' was a national trend when I was at school. Cruel but it's how it was.

Most of this stuff is forgiveable from the younger ones, as they grow up and learn and realise they sounded like idiots. (most of them, the others just buy a baseball cap and some jewellery from Argos.)

LeonLethality

Mar 10, 2009
Okay so it doesnt annoy me since i do it but it annoys the crap out of everyone else when someone loses like the remote and the say "wheres the remote" i always reply "here it isnt" they look since they here "here it is" then they get really pissed off its so fun and can work for so many things

ultimatechance

Dec 24, 2008
People who say "But its my opinion!" as a defense for everything.

When im playing online games and people have a whole dictionary of words to insult me with "scrub", "BK (bad kid", "Garbo", "Randy (random player)", "tryhard", and so on. I experienced it a lot when i did clan matches on COD4, and people took that shit waay too seriously

setsunafseiei

Mar 15, 2009
'Like' Fitting the word 'like' in every three or four words is infuriating, it generally stems from the likes of MTV etc, that an the faux American accent that has descended upon the upper-class Irish people, they're twats as it is, they don't need to add fake accents and Abercrombie hoodies to it. Granted not words/phrases per se but hearing a conversation which is 60% Irish accent and 40% faux American accent containing: "Like, like whateveeeeeeer, like that is soooo last year, sooooo, so hot, omg, you know,' and so on and so forth is quite annoying!

ZonerZ

Aug 27, 2008
My little brother thinks saying 'no offense' makes callously insulting someone okay. By that logic I like to say it before I punch him in the face.

NeedAUserName

Aug 7, 2008
ZonerZ said:
My little brother thinks saying 'no offense' makes callously insulting someone okay. By that logic I like to say it before I punch him in the face.
I used to have a friend that said that. I wanted to strangle him. I should have, and just said no offense before doing so.

l33tabix

Mar 16, 2008
Mr_spamamam said:
overuse of the word blatently. makes me want to strangle people.
haha, no. The one thing worse than that are all the people who say BLATES
OH DAT IS WAY BLATES BRUV !!

James Cassidy

Dec 4, 2008
For some reason I use the saying "like I said" a lot which even annoys me sometimes.

The saying that drives me nuts is not what they say, but the mispronunciation of words like

Caramel: Some people say "CAR-MEL" Uh, there is another "A" in there you forgot to pronounce.

Mischievous: Now I know some of you know how to say "mischief" but some say "mis-chee-veous" with that long "e" sound. It is not pronounced like that. Stop it. It's "mis-chief-vous"

Orange: This one drives me nuts more than anything. I am from the north and I say it with a long a sound like "are-range." Some say it with the long "O" sound. I keep telling people that "are-range" is more correct because otherwise it wouldn't work in the joke. It is "are-range" you glad like "aren't you glad," not "or-range" you glad.

The word I hate the most actually is the word "ain't." I hate when people use this word because it is not a word. Usually, words like this are a combination of two words put together: "Would've" - "would have" , "shouldn't" - "should not" , "they're" - "they are." This is no words at all. I read it is supposed to be "am I not" shortened....I call it lazy.

SqueeFactor

Mar 29, 2008
In excess: "That's what she said!"
I don't know who this 'she' is, but she talks to much about too many things.

Llil

Jul 24, 2008
"Not my cup of tea". I don't even know why, it's just very annoying.

Also, when people end their posts with "/thread".
It's not funny.

someonehairy-ish

Mar 15, 2009
Tenmar said:
Since the topic is under construction I will put a phrase that always bother me.

"Ya know what I mean." or "Ya know what I'm saying" or just "ya know."

These type of phrases are just said by people who do not know how to properly express themselves and rely on the listener's intelligence to make sense of the matter. It also makes the person seem more intelligent but in reality they are the idiot and does not fully understand the topic they are talking about.
Its quite a useful meaningless sentence for when u really dont know how to put your feelings into a meaningful sentence. Or maybe Im just an idiot like u said. Which is funny, cos last time i looked i was regarded as a skilled author, mathematician and artist... Or am I just sadly delusional...

Ya know what I mean Tenmar?

Fronken

May 10, 2008
"The lord works in mysterious ways", this is one of those phrases i truely disgust, why?, because it's a poor attempt at validating something that cannot be proven, and its a dumb substitutions to things known to be real (the element of chance).

RagnorakTres

Feb 10, 2009
"*blank*'s good people."
Yes, people in the college town I live in actually say this. It pisses me off. Also...
"I'm going to be honest with you...Can I be honest with you?"
My principal says that all the frickin' time when he's lecturing you. It bothers me. After the third time he says it, I want to say "Yes, sir, you can be honest with me. In fact, I hope that you will be honest with me, as I am going to be honest with you. You have asked me that (insert hyperbolic number here) times already. I have answered in the affirmative each time. Do you see where I'm going with this?"
The only thing keeping me from doing it is that I would get in huge amounts of deep shit.