Words/phrases that piss you off

Envy Omicron

Apr 27, 2013
I hope the title is fairly self-explanatory, just share some words/phrases that piss you off. Here are mine:

-"Racial Realism"
-Feminazi
-Social Justice Warrior
-Anything that refers to people with autism in a derogatory manner
-Anything that refers to LGBT people in a derogatory manner
-PC Police
-"Cultural Marxism"

(There might be some that I'm forgetting).

Elfgore

Your friendly local nihilist
Legacy
Dec 6, 2010
Ignorant always tends to get me a little angry. I know it doesn't mean "stupid", but I always get the feeling people just use it to belittle someone in an argument. I've seen a few times where a poster has used it in a non-aggrevating why, but most of the time they don't.

Nothing else really comes to mind. Most words don't really bother me, it's either the way they're used or the people saying them.

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Feminazi, definitely.

Especially when people use it in a smug pseudo-intellectual way to show that they know the difference between "real feminists" and feminazis.

"Real feminists" in this context meaning feminists I agree with.

I also hate the word panties. It is the worst word for anything ever. I can't even say it aloud without cringing.

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
"lad"

as in "allright lads [insert macho phrase here]" *hhhhgggggnnnnnn* I don't know what it is...its almost worse than bro

Colour Scientist

Troll the Respawn, Jeremy!
Jul 15, 2009
Vault101 said:
"lad"

as in "allright lads [insert macho phrase here]" *hhhhgggggnnnnnn* I don't know what it is...its almost worse than bro
You would hate me then.

I get away with it because I do it in a cute Irish way though, right?

Right?

Vault101

I'm in your mind fuzz
Sep 26, 2010
Colour Scientist said:
You would hate me then.

I get away with it because I do it in a cute Irish way though, right?

Right?
ugghhh! uggghhh! [I/]irish[/I] that just makes it even worse!

well your a lady so its not as bad

BathorysGraveland2

Feb 9, 2013
Using "dick" as an insult, I.E "Don't be a dick". I don't understand it then, I don't understand it now. It sounds stupid, and ruins your attempt at being high and mighty.

If you're going to use a crude term for genitalia as an insult, then at least say **** instead. It sounds far less goofy.

Dirty Hipsters

This is how we praise the sun!
Legacy
Feb 7, 2011
Country
'Merica
The words "check your privilege" make me want to take the privilege of checking my fist into someone's face.

I also hate the words "immersive" and "cinematic."

I also despise the word "racist," not because of the word itself but because it's so rarely used correctly anymore. Hating people from America isn't racist, American is not a race. Hating people who are Chinese is not racist, Chinese is not a race, hating Muslims is not racist, Muslim is not a race. These are all prejudices. If you hate Chinese people or Muslim people you're not racist, you're prejudiced.

Zhukov

The Laughing Arsehole
Dec 29, 2009
Uuuurrrgh. This got very gamergatey very quickly.

Oh fuck it.

"Narrative" has been irritating the shit out of me recently. Both sides use it too.

"SJW" was annoying for a awhile, but it's becoming overused to the point of being meaningless. So meh.

Now for something completely different: "Dynamic". It actually has a meaning, but it's used in marketing speak to just mean nonspecifically awesome.

Ohhh, ohhh. "Epic". That word used to fucking mean something damnit, before the bloody cesspit that is the internet got its grubby paws of the word and turned it into "mildly impressive".

Vault101 said:
"lad"

Misandry confirmed!

I bet you're totally okay with "lass". Eh? Eh?

giles

Feb 1, 2009
Vegetarian/vegan.

Not sure why it triggers me so hard, but it makes me roll my eyes like few other things. Look, nobody gives a fuck about your ritualized malnutrition. Don't bring it up unless you want me to slap [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604] you [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1691485/] about how you're willfully making yourself dumber and weaker [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14600563]. And this isn't even getting into the lack of B12, zinc or omega-3 that naturally comes with such a diet.
On Sunday in my running group this chick was going on to her friend about how she's vegetarian. At least she had an excuse for being so slow, or so I thought. Then the explains how she just feels sorry for the animals. Fuck. Thankfully I'm a "live and let live" guy by heart or I might have gone crazy on the spot. Would have certainly made the rest of the run awkward.

Eddie the head

Feb 22, 2012
Well I don't like "perception is reality" because all I think it dose is make people feel infallible. And give them a perfect excuse to ignore anything they don't like. Perception is the narrow field in witch we view reality not reality it's self. I do see why people say it though. It's a comforting thought that you're never wrong. And I mean that in the least condescending way possible.

Daniel Ferguson

Apr 3, 2010
Bitchy versions of "There's no money in speculative fiction" when the person is getting their info from pre-1977.

Nov 27, 2010
"Shawty" to refer to women. I don't find it sexist (though some probably do), I don't find it belittling (though it probably is), or particularly offensive to women in any large way, it just... It really just annoys the HELL out of me

wooty

Vi Britannia
Aug 1, 2009
"We're all in this together". In my experience, its usually spoken out by the laziest and least productive member of any team. The one who's there on the sidelines scratching his balls all day but jumps in at the end to claim the credit.

L. Declis

Apr 19, 2012
Dirty Hipsters said:
I also despise the word "racist," not because of the word itself but because it's so rarely used correctly anymore. Hating people from America isn't racist, American is not a race. Hating people who are Chinese is not racist, Chinese is not a race, hating Muslims is not racist, Muslim is not a race. These are all prejudices. If you hate Chinese people or Muslim people you're not racist, you're prejudiced.
Okay, I get Muslim is not a race, as it's a religion.

But I'm fairly sure Chinese is a race.

Let me check my Oxford Dictionary.

Race (noun)
A group of people sharing the same culture, history, language, etc; an ethnic group
Example; 'we Scots were a bloodthirsty race'

Well, if the Scottish count as a race, I'm sure that the Chinese do, so I have to disagree. Or are you upset because we don't refer to the Chinese as the Han People?

jklinders

Sep 21, 2010
You guys got most of the ones that piss me off.

I'll add "social Darwinism" for it's continual misuse as an excuse to act like an ass or sit on the sidelines while someone is being an ass to someone else.

I'll also add "you're either with us or against us." Uh, no, fuck you. Unless it's a binary question like "do you like ice cream?" that phrase does not fucking apply and I will thank you for not shoving you extremist ideology in my face or forcing me to take one position or another neither of which serves me thank you very much.

chocolate pickles

Apr 14, 2011
giles said:
Vegetarian/vegan.

Not sure why it triggers me so hard, but it makes me roll my eyes like few other things. Look, nobody gives a fuck about your ritualized malnutrition. Don't bring it up unless you want me to slap [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/21118604] you [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1691485/] about how you're willfully making yourself dumber and weaker [http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/14600563]. And this isn't even getting into the lack of B12, zinc or omega-3 that naturally comes with such a diet.
On Sunday in my running group this chick was going on to her friend about how she's vegetarian. At least she had an excuse for being so slow, or so I thought. Then the explains how she just feels sorry for the animals. Fuck. Thankfully I'm a "live and let live" guy by heart or I might have gone crazy on the spot. Would have certainly made the rest of the run awkward.
Yeah, those kinds of people piss me. They're kind of like cyclists: Thinking their better than everybody else and never shutting up about it.

On a side note: I regularly use feminazi to describe my sister. Although in all honesty, she deserves it: The amount of times i've said one thing, only for her to spin it in to some kind of attack on the female is both ludicrous and slightly impressive.