Work on Fable 3 Racing Along, Says Lionhead

Logan Westbrook

Transform, Roll Out, Etc
Feb 21, 2008
Work on Fable 3 Racing Along, Says Lionhead

According to Fable 3's [http://www.amazon.com/Fable-III-Xbox-360/dp/B002I0JGDM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1282323823&sr=8-1] art director, work on the game is progressing significantly faster than its predecessor, despite it being much larger.

The first time you do something is always the hardest, and that doesn't matter if you're trying to bake a cake, put up a shelf, or make an Xbox 360 game. But according to John McCormack, Fable 3's art director, that previous experience - and the resources that came from it - mean that work on this latest Fable is moving much, much quicker than the last one.

McCormack said that having the engine already built made it much easier to develop Fable 3. He said that while Fable 3 is a much bigger game than Fable 2 - both in terms of size and the variety of content - it was much easier to iterate this time round, and work was moving ten times faster than the last game.

Working on Fable 2 had been "scary," he said, as it was hard to tell how things would hang together when they were finished, and were effectively working in the dark. But he said that this time around, there was a much more relaxed atmosphere, as the team had lots of experience and were excited about the project.

It's taken Lionhead just two years to create Fable 3, so while "ten times faster" is probably at least a little bit of an exaggeration, it's clear that things are moving pretty quickly. Fable 3 will be available on Xbox 360 on October 26th, with a PC version to follow.

Source: Eurogamer [http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2010-08-20-lionhead-working-10x-faster-on-fable-iii]

Jared

The British Paladin
Jul 14, 2009
Well, They do have all the experience, which is awesome. I cant wait for the release!

Feb 3, 2009
Can't wait for the game! The voice cast looks awesome - anything with Simon Pegg AND Stephen Fry is something to look out for!

Also, is it me or does the armour in the screenshot looks an awful lot like the steel heavy armour in TES IV? Whatever.

Druyn

May 6, 2010
I really cant wait for this game. Ive always had faith in Lionhead, and I know theyll pull through for me on this one. This game is going to be fantastic.

Darktau

Totally Ergo Proxy
Mar 10, 2009
I can imagine having peter as a boss after I just earnt him a bazillion pounds, i'm sure they get doggie treats full of emotion every day :D

OT: Yay? I suppose I might pick it up, off amazon, used of course :p

AfterAscon

Tilting at WHARRGARBL
Nov 29, 2007
Good news, should mean they are no unexpected delays. Also a couple of days ago Peter Molyneux said on Twitter that they're down to the last "few hundred bugs." Hopefully there shouldn't be anything to sully the final game, like the last one.

Banana Phone Man

Elite Member
May 19, 2009
I do hope that by faster they are not rushing, that they are looking over what they are doing and have done, finding things to add or improve to make it the best game it can be. Still I'm looking forward to it.

EDIT: Just remembered John Cleese will be in it so even if I won't like it I can just shut my eyes and listen to him talk. And John Cleese = awesome

ad4m101

Jan 17, 2010
Good maybe this time they got round to giving the game a boss then. I hope.

imnot

Apr 23, 2010
good, im looking forward to it. hopefully that means they arent spending all their time making fart jokes.

GodKlown

Dec 16, 2009
Goes to show the advantage to keeping people familiar with an IP when creating a sequel. Glad to know this game is coming along. I'd hate to see another game get delayed because of technicalities.

Macgyvercas

Spice & Wolf Restored!
Feb 19, 2009
Given Peter's habit of exaggeration, I'm still skeptical about this game. Regardless it does look interesting. I might get this.

I'll have to pick up Fable 1 & 2 first probably.

Macheteswordgun

Jul 24, 2010
The real question is.... is it gonna be worth a damn unlike the second one. At least from the picture it looks like that brought armor back which is good cause fighting in halo armor that added nothing to my protection was really REALLY fucking gay

Crossborder

Oct 16, 2008
DAMN! I told my self NOT to get hyped for this game! Damn your exceptional hyping skills, Peter Moleneux! And your ability to inform me of all things new in gaming, Escapist News Room!
But damn it, now I have to buy this!

cefm

Mar 26, 2010
"With a PC version to follow"? Really, Peter? You fucked us all good and hard with the XBox-only Fable 2, so pardon me if I don't completely trust you when you say that there'll be a PC version of this one too.

Seriously, Fable 2 was ruined by being on the XBox. It belongs on the PC.

Also, could you PLEASE for the love of God put a decent world map in the game? It's supposed to be a sprawling world exploration game, and yet the mapping function is primitive beyond belief! I had to draw my own paper maps to figure out how all the zones connected so my whore of a wife (literally) wouldn't divorce me for taking the long way home!

A Raging Emo

Apr 14, 2009
I cannot express just how excited I am for this game! I loved the first two Fable games, and the third installment looks like it's cgoing to be everything good about the first few combined with a brilliant Voice Acting Cast.

enzilewulf

Jun 19, 2009
*Screams like a little girl* This looks so awesome. Good to hear its going ten times faster.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
Cool. Whats new to Fable 3 though? I honestly haven't heard any massive innovative things to make this game much better than 2 like we have been hearing from Bungie on Reach. All I get is "its going to great go out and buyit". Frankly won't be fooled twice that same shit was pulled on me during Fable 2.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
cefm said:
"With a PC version to follow"? Really, Peter? You fucked us all good and hard with the XBox-only Fable 2, so pardon me if I don't completely trust you when you say that there'll be a PC version of this one too.

Seriously, Fable 2 was ruined by being on the XBox. It belongs on the PC.

Also, could you PLEASE for the love of God put a decent world map in the game? It's supposed to be a sprawling world exploration game, and yet the mapping function is primitive beyond belief! I had to draw my own paper maps to figure out how all the zones connected so my whore of a wife (literally) wouldn't divorce me for taking the long way home!
WTF? your wife was threatening a divorce for taking a long time to get home in Fable 2?