Work on Fable 3 Racing Along, Says Lionhead

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
The only game other than Fable 2 that has caused me to take no interest whatsoever in it's sequel is Two Worlds. And that's really saying something.

The day Molyneux stops talking out of his arse is the same day Duke Nukem Forever is released and the universe collapses in on itself.

Macheteswordgun said:
fighting in halo armor that added nothing to my protection was really REALLY fucking gay
Actually, I hear that using armour in sword-fights is all the rage in the gay community these days.

Liebermann

Apr 28, 2010
IamSofaKingRaw said:
Cool. Whats new to Fable 3 though? I honestly haven't heard any massive innovative things to make this game much better than 2 like we have been hearing from Bungie on Reach. All I get is "its going to great go out and buyit". Frankly won't be fooled twice that same shit was pulled on me during Fable 2.
Ah good, at least someone has sense.

Druyn said:
I really cant wait for this game. Ive always had faith in Lionhead, and I know theyll pull through for me on this one. This game is going to be fantastic.
Hmm, really?
Dont hold your breath.

We expect so much more from this type of game!

Fable 2 didnt live up to anything at all nevermind MolyTalksShitNeux' hype of great exploration (it was linear as hell) customisation (HA! Where!? Theres more customisation in the way i bite my nail) and intriguing side quests etc (no. just no)

Hes a business man first remember, dont fall for his shit AGAIN.

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
Liebermann said:
IamSofaKingRaw said:
Cool. Whats new to Fable 3 though? I honestly haven't heard any massive innovative things to make this game much better than 2 like we have been hearing from Bungie on Reach. All I get is "its going to great go out and buyit". Frankly won't be fooled twice that same shit was pulled on me during Fable 2.
Ah good, at least someone has sense.

Druyn said:
I really cant wait for this game. Ive always had faith in Lionhead, and I know theyll pull through for me on this one. This game is going to be fantastic.
Hmm, really?
Dont hold your breath.

Fable 2 didnt live up to anything at all nevermind MolyTalksShitNeux' hype of great exploration (it was linear as hell) customisation (HA! Where!? Theres more customisation in the way i bite my nail) and intriguing side quests etc (no. just no)

Wow still all the "this game is awesome,can't wait for it" comments except for you. This game is becoming more and mor shit in my eyes I did some research and all I could get was that there was no weapons/clothing menu you go to a store or your wardrobe and put them on. Fable's story is always the same concept of growing up doing fetch quests than you meet the bad guy at the end and kill him. That alone is not worth my $60. I'll have to see some 10/10 reviews and community comments before I even consider this game.

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
I started on this game with cautious optimism, but every time I hear about it I care less and less. As a PC user my interest really went down the drain when they delayed it and have yet to announce a new release date, and have now convinced me that PC users will once again get fucked up the ass when they decide that only console users deserve to get all the content (Like Treyarch is doing with the next COD since only console users have access to the four extra, or maybe even four only, zombie maps). This game has also pretty much confirmed my belief that MS has almost completely abandonned the PC market,only making half assed ports at the most; not that I ever really believed their claims to the contrary in the first place. Their recent remark on ME2 for the PS3 didn't help at all either.

Orcus The Ultimate

Nov 22, 2009
Woodsey said:
The only game other than Fable 2 that has caused me to take no interest whatsoever in it's sequel is Two Worlds. And that's really saying something.

The day Molyneux stops talking out of his arse is the same day Duke Nukem Forever is released and the universe collapses in on itself.

Macheteswordgun said:
fighting in halo armor that added nothing to my protection was really REALLY fucking gay
Actually, I hear that using armour in sword-fights is all the rage in the gay community these days.
what kind of swords are they using ? XD

JoJo

and the Amazing Technicolour Dream Goat šŸ
Legacy
Mar 31, 2010
Country
šŸ‡¬šŸ‡§
IamSofaKingRaw said:
Here's just a few new features being added to Fable 3:

1. You get to rule Albion as King or Queen for the second half of the game, making decisions about the entire kingdom, which you can see the effects on locations and NPC's.

2. Each of the 30 to 40 different types of AI characters each have about 2,000 lines of speech, so less sameism than Fable 2.

3. You can now touch NPC's such as handshaking, hugging etc depending on situation.

Hope this helps, although if you didn't like the previous game you probably won't like this one :p

Stone Wera

Feb 13, 2010
JoJoDeathunter said:
IamSofaKingRaw said:
Here's just a few new features being added to Fable 3:

1. You get to rule Albion as King or Queen for the second half of the game, making decisions about the entire kingdom, which you can see the effects on locations and NPC's.

2. Each of the 30 to 40 different types of AI characters each have about 2,000 lines of speech, so less sameism than Fable 2.

3. You can now touch NPC's such as handshaking, hugging etc depending on situation.

Hope this helps, although if you didn't like the previous game you probably won't like this one :p
4. John Cleese... 'Nuff said.

Thk13421

Nov 22, 2009
Well, I'm excited for this game, but I will wait for reviews, and if possible I'll rent it first. The stuff I've heard about this game makes it sound pretty good. The only question that remains is whether or not what I've heard is true, and how well it's implemented.

At the time, I enjoyed Fable II, but in retrospect, there was a lot wrong with that game. For one thing: Godly Power and nearly unlimited wealth are fun at first, but eventually, you run out of things to do with it. By the end of fable II, I had maxed out all my skills, owned everything, and everyone thought I was the best thing to happen since sliced bread. I was king in all but Name. And it was SO GODDAMNED BORING!!!

Lets hope being the king is a bit more fun this time around.

BRMXJzjsoawk321

Jan 13, 2010
archvile93 said:
As a PC user my interest really went down the drain when they delayed it and have yet to announce a new release date, and have now convinced me that PC users will once again get fucked up the ass when they decide that only console users deserve to get all the content (Like Treyarch is doing with the next COD since only console users have access to the four extra, or maybe even four only, zombie maps). This game has also pretty much confirmed my belief that MS has almost completely abandoned the PC market,only making half-assed ports at the most; not that I ever really believed their claims to the contrary in the first place. Their recent remark on ME2 for the PS3 didn't help at all either.
Didn't Fable: The Lost Chapters come out on the PC with more content than the Xbox version, or was that just the Xbox DLC added on? I'm not going to have high hopes for anything more in the PC version for the 3rd, in fact I don't believe there will be a PC version, but just remembering that.. And on the Treyarch comment, are you serious?

archvile93

Sep 2, 2009
Maddyfiren said:
archvile93 said:
As a PC user my interest really went down the drain when they delayed it and have yet to announce a new release date, and have now convinced me that PC users will once again get fucked up the ass when they decide that only console users deserve to get all the content (Like Treyarch is doing with the next COD since only console users have access to the four extra, or maybe even four only, zombie maps). This game has also pretty much confirmed my belief that MS has almost completely abandoned the PC market,only making half-assed ports at the most; not that I ever really believed their claims to the contrary in the first place. Their recent remark on ME2 for the PS3 didn't help at all either.
Didn't Fable: The Lost Chapters come out on the PC with more content than the Xbox version, or was that just the Xbox DLC added on? I'm not going to have high hopes for anything more in the PC version for the 3rd, in fact I don't believe there will be a PC version, but just remembering that.. And on the Treyarch comment, are you serious?
Yup, there will be an additional (or perhaps these are the only ones, I'm not sure) four zombie maps for those who purchase the hardened or prestige addition of Black ops. Since the PC version won't have a hardened or prestige addition...

Edit: hey 1000 posts

BaldursBananaSoap

May 20, 2009
Man they hyped up Fable 2 like this too and it was a derivative piece of shit that could barely be called an RPG. I don't have high hopes for this since they said they're making it even more "accessible" which seems impossible considering you already had unlimited magic, regen health and couldn't even die. Not to mention the whole "you can do anything in this huge open world" charade which turned into "use a wheel to select an action to impress or not impress someone in the tiny linear world linked by loading screens and filled with invisible walls."

Woodsey

Aug 9, 2009
Orcus_35 said:
Woodsey said:

Macheteswordgun said:
what kind of swords are they using ? XD
Thick, long and chunky.

[small]Or err, so I've been told...[/small]

Druyn

May 6, 2010
Liebermann said:
Druyn said:
Hmm, really?
Dont hold your breath.

I know I am in the minority here, but you know what? I loved Fable 2. I went out, bought it new, and had a great time with it. If I liked that one, why wouldn't I like this one? I dont care if Molyneux is "just a businessman," I think he does great work for Fable. I agree, it was linear, and the customization was lacking, but that really didnt take away from the game for me. Hell, I wasnt even disappointed in it for lacking those!

I guess all Im trying to say is that maybe this game wont be for you, and maybe it will be a letdown for everybody, and everything Peter is saying is basically just a lie. But Im going to go into this game an optimist, and when he really does better on this than the last one, I will be ecstatic.