Work on Fable 3 Racing Along, Says Lionhead

The Lost Big Boss

Sep 3, 2008
Any one else get an underlining suspension that this game is going to be rushed and unfinished? I understand that they all ready had a solid base for starting off at, but building an RPG in two years and expecting it to be big is just not going to happen.

How many areas did Fable 2 have? Twelve? Maybe 15 if you count the story areas that one couldn't go back to. I lost faith in Fable 2 because there was nothing there to show for their work, and it seems to be going on the same path.

Picosaurus

Mar 26, 2010
I'm still looking forward to the pc version of this game, there seems to be a lot of negative comments concerning whether it will come out but I am pretty confident it will. Also about DLC they already announced that anything on the Xbox version (including the special edition version stuff) will be available to download on Windows Live and personally I have never really had any serious trouble with it as a tool for getting content.

Basically I still think not to knock it until you've tried it. (or at least wait for reviews :p)

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
JoJoDeathunter said:
IamSofaKingRaw said:
Cool. Whats new to Fable 3 though? I honestly haven't heard any massive innovative things to make this game much better than 2 like we have been hearing from Bungie on Reach. All I get is "its going to great go out and buyit". Frankly won't be fooled twice that same shit was pulled on me during Fable 2.
Here's just a few new features being added to Fable 3:

1. You get to rule Albion as King or Queen for the second half of the game (I'd rather have my actions during the course of the game determine that. It sounds like they are trynig to find a wasy to make the game longer), making decisions about the entire kingdom, which you can see the effects on locations and NPC's.

2. Each of the 30 to 40 different types of AI characters each have about 2,000 lines of speech, so less sameism than Fable 2. (How does this help/hur me in any way? I could care less about what they say because I much ather go out on epic quests defeating monsters but Lionhead is focusing on the NPC's saying 2,000 variations of "you are so awesome, I love you" etc..)

3. You can now touch NPC's such as handshaking, hugging etc depending on situation. (Honestly thats a feature... :mad: I'm getting more agitated as this list goes on because nothing other than the first point actually affects the gameplay)

Hope this helps, although if you didn't like the previous game you probably won't like this one :p (I actually loved Fable: The Lost Cahapters then I play Fable 2 and I see they took out most of the magic, lowered the difficulty by taking out magic bar and having no awesome villian)

IamSofaKingRaw

Jun 28, 2010
Druyn said:
Liebermann said:
Druyn said:
I really cant wait for this game. Ive always had faith in Lionhead, and I know theyll pull through for me on this one. This game is going to be fantastic.
Hmm, really?
Dont hold your breath.

We expect so much more from this type of game!

Fable 2 didnt live up to anything at all nevermind MolyTalksShitNeux' hype of great exploration (it was linear as hell) customisation (HA! Where!? Theres more customisation in the way i bite my nail) and intriguing side quests etc (no. just no)

Hes a business man first remember, dont fall for his shit AGAIN.
I know I am in the minority here, but you know what? I loved Fable 2. I went out, bought it new, and had a great time with it. If I liked that one, why wouldn't I like this one? I dont care if Molyneux is "just a businessman," I think he does great work for Fable. I agree, it was linear, and the customization was lacking, but that really didnt take away from the game for me. Hell, I wasnt even disappointed in it for lacking those!

I guess all Im trying to say is that maybe this game wont be for you, and maybe it will be a letdown for everybody, and everything Peter is saying is basically just a lie. But Im going to go into this game an optimist, and when he really does better on this than the last one, I will be ecstatic.
Don't take this the wrong way but I cn't honestly find one awesome part of Fable 2. If it was mulitplatform I think it be a complete failure. Everything about that game is just average, please I want to be as hyped as the rest of you what makes Fable 2 awesome and what is Fable 3 going to add to make it even more awesome?

Druyn

May 6, 2010
IamSofaKingRaw said:
Druyn said:
I know I am in the minority here, but you know what? I loved Fable 2. I went out, bought it new, and had a great time with it. If I liked that one, why wouldn't I like this one? I dont care if Molyneux is "just a businessman," I think he does great work for Fable. I agree, it was linear, and the customization was lacking, but that really didnt take away from the game for me. Hell, I wasnt even disappointed in it for lacking those!

I guess all Im trying to say is that maybe this game wont be for you, and maybe it will be a letdown for everybody, and everything Peter is saying is basically just a lie. But Im going to go into this game an optimist, and when he really does better on this than the last one, I will be ecstatic.
Don't take this the wrong way but I cn't honestly find one awesome part of Fable 2. If it was mulitplatform I think it be a complete failure. Everything about that game is just average, please I want to be as hyped as the rest of you what makes Fable 2 awesome and what is Fable 3 going to add to make it even more awesome?
No, no, I see where you are coming from. I can see exactly where everybody is coming from on not liking Fable 2. And the wierd part is, I cant think of a single awesome thing either. I cant really say why, but it was just a hell of a lot of fun to play for me. I dont think that Lionhead is trying to add that many huge new things, aside from the whole be-king-and-command-armies-thing, I think they said that they were really focusing on just fixing everything that was wrong with it. So I dont think this game will be a huge hit, I just think that I personally will really love this game.

Centrophy

Dec 24, 2009
Thk13421 said:
Well, I'm excited for this game, but I will wait for reviews, and if possible I'll rent it first. The stuff I've heard about this game makes it sound pretty good. The only question that remains is whether or not what I've heard is true, and how well it's implemented.

At the time, I enjoyed Fable II, but in retrospect, there was a lot wrong with that game. For one thing: Godly Power and nearly unlimited wealth are fun at first, but eventually, you run out of things to do with it. By the end of fable II, I had maxed out all my skills, owned everything, and everyone thought I was the best thing to happen since sliced bread. I was king in all but Name. And it was SO GODDAMNED BORING!!!

Lets hope being the king is a bit more fun this time around.
Actually, my name was King and I had a crown! But yeah couldn't really order anyone around or change anything... and getting money was a pita unless you really like grinding the stupid jobs for a while until you have at least half of Bowerstone bought.

As for the topic; I want to play this game but I'm annoyed about the pc version.

dududf

Aug 31, 2009
cursedseishi said:
My god... people... how could you not notice... but... but... this wasn't said by Molyneux! He's letting someone else talk about the game for once!

Though, them making it fast, doesn't equate to it being good.
But..*checks*

Holy shit. You're right O_O

/starts to party hard as the universe should implode at any time now.

The_Emperor

Mar 18, 2010
DONT EAT THE FRUIT! CAST ASIDE THE SERPENT! MOLYNEUX IS THE SUCCUBUS AND FABLE 3 IS HIS AMPLE BOSOM

seriously though ever since black and white 2 all lionhead games have dissapointed.
ALL OF THEM.

I know for a fact that something will suck ass in this game and you'll only want to play it once or twice but you'll buy it because molyneux will whisper in your ear and nibble on your earlobe.

hell I'm pitching a tent for it already, victorian, english style setting with magic, guns and rpgallsorts? my character will be called Sherlock I think...

Autofaux

Aug 31, 2009
Fantastic, Lionhead. You've gone and had a brainwave and reused resources from your previous title, good show.

It's like a child being proud of his artwork because he did it in crayon.

soren7550

Overly Proud New Yorker
Dec 18, 2008
I can't wait for this game (and the book as well). The game is looking most excellent (have you seen the female hero snap a guard's neck with her legs?) so far, but I'm still worried about how the second half of the game (when you're ruling the kingdom) will go.