World at War Gets New Map Pack Today

Keane Ng

Sep 11, 2008
World at War Gets New Map Pack Today

The third map pack for Call of Duty: World at War, which features four new maps including a new Nazi Zombies area, is now available on Xbox Live and PlayStation Network.

If you still haven't had enough of Treyarch's last Call of Duty game (I know you kids love your Nazi Zombies mode), the developer has released some brand new content in the form of their third map pack, available as of right now on your preferred console-specific online gaming service. By that I mean Xbox Live or PSN.

There are three regular maps and one Nazi Zombies map included here. The plain Jane maps include Battery, which is an armored island designed for close quarters combat, Revolution, a sniper-friendly arena in a Russian city, and Breach, set in the streets of Berlin.

Of course the biggest attraction for quite a few folks will likely be the new Zombies map, Der Reise, which apparently translates to "The Giant." The map is set at a secret Nazi research facility that's packed with all sorts of weird and bizarre stuff, including teleporters and a machine that automatically upgrades your weapons with a single button press. There's also something scary called the "Wunderwaffe DG-2" and new Achievements/Trophies.

I've never been much of a fan of World at War, but judging from the weekly Xbox Live stats, there are plenty of people who are. The map pack is available now for 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99.

Low Key

May 7, 2009
I have yet to try out the new Nazi zombie map, but the other maps are fun, and it should hold me off until MW2 comes out.

billybobby

May 19, 2009
new zombies is awesome, last i saw some guy made it to round 500 or something, but i saw a video of that guy and it was hacking, me and my mates got to round 24, it is sooo hard but so fun with no glitches! :D

Kross

World Breaker
Sep 27, 2004
WanderFreak said:
Nazi Zombies are literally the only reason I play this game.
Same. I love the engine and the multiplayer, but just can't do any more WW2 stuff. I do feel a bit guilty about buying these map packs and only playing the one zombie map in them though. :(

The news of another new map with new tricks makes me very happy.

AceDiamond

Jul 7, 2008
Maybe it's because I hadn't played a single WWII FPS in between the first CoD game to hit the 360 and CoD, World at War, but I actually...like it.

I do wish I could find some more people to play Nazi Zombies with though because that is definitely the most fun. Now if only I could get the Thompson and the 50-round drum magazine in that mode

Halfbreed13

Apr 21, 2009
I feel so sorry for Treyarch. They suck so much at making CoD games, but they are tryin so hard. It's like watching a retarded puppy try to fly. And it charges for tickets.

Sightless Wisdom

Resident Cynic
Jul 24, 2009
You know I never liked the game for the features I should of, instead the gimmick feature is what entertains me the most. It's such a basic concept that's been done millions of times: Waves of zombies, survive, they keep getting harder. And I love it so much, it's endless entertainment, especially if you play with friend(s). Perhaps I will convince my friend to download this map-pack aswell(I don't own the game myself).

hansari

May 31, 2009
dogstile said:
i'm so tempted to buy it but modern warfare 2 is coming out relatively soon
Just wait for someone to mod "Zombie Soap Mactavish"

johnman

Oct 14, 2008
"I've never been much of a fan of World at War, but judging from the weekly Xbox Live stats, there are plenty of people who are. The map pack is available now for 800 Microsoft Points or $9.99."

$9.99 what a rip off! Oh, wait, whats that Treyarch? Your letting us Pc gamers have it for free, just as all your old mapacks were? Why thank you, best part of $30 saved there :0

Doug said:
And so PC is ignored yet again.
No we get it

L.B. Jeffries

Nov 29, 2007
Halfbreed13 said:
I feel so sorry for Treyarch. They suck so much at making CoD games, but they are tryin so hard. It's like watching a retarded puppy try to fly. And it charges for tickets.
That's a pretty rich retarded flying puppy.

dodo1331

May 23, 2009
L.B. Jeffries said:
Halfbreed13 said:
That's a pretty rich retarded flying puppy.
Sounds like Rosie O' Donnell.

Sorry, bad joke. Anyway, I went on solo for Der Riese, and its pretty confusing to walk through. I'm going to play with one of my friends later and see how fast we can figure it out.