World of Tanks Available Now on Xbox One

Conrad Zimmerman

Dec 24, 2013
World of Tanks Available Now on Xbox One

Mobile artillery moves to the next generation.

World of Tanks, the popular free-to-play tank skirmish title from Wargaming.net, has arrived on the Xbox One.

The new version offers cross-platform play with the Xbox 360 release, allowing players to move freely between consoles without losing their progress, including achievements. Players can also compete with others regardless of console and even voice chat will be compatible across both systems.

A "Proving Grounds" mode has been added to both Xbox versions, as well. This single-player mode offers a way to practice with any of the player's available tanks up against appropriately tiered AI opponents on eight different maps.

[gallery=4461]

Speaking of maps, they are one situation where the Xbox One release isn't yet up to speed. As maps are being completely rebuilt to take better advantage of the newer console's graphical capabilities, there are some 30 maps yet to be made available, which is a fairly significant chunk of real estate. Wargaming has said they're committed to getting these maps out as quickly as possible and, when they do, the same maps will get a small upgrade on the 360 version also.

Source: World of Tanks [http://xbox.worldoftanks.com/en/news/announcements/wot-xbox-one-now-live/]

American Tanker

Feb 25, 2015
It's a damn pity I bailed on World Of Tanks in favor of Armored Warfare when it seems AW isn't going to shape out to be better than WoT in any meaningful way beyond the fact that AW is a CryEngine game...

It's even worse that none of the money I spent on PC WoT will carry over to XBox WoT. Compound this all with the fact that I've already dropped $70USD for a few goodies in AW and access to closed beta(which I've been playing, when it's up, since the first phase of it; third phase CBT just shut down on the 26th, fourth is being prepared as I type), and I'm not looking so good in my choices of Free-To-Play games.

Don't bother trying to get me into Team Fortress 2, I know it's F2P now, it's just too off the wall for my tastes. Besides, I'd probably be the jackwagon that runs around with unmodified default guns and never bothers changing them no matter how many new drops or achievement weapons I get, then when people complain that I'm using generic unmodified defaults, I'll just laugh in their faces.

Thyunda

May 4, 2009
American Tanker said:
It's a damn pity I bailed on World Of Tanks in favor of Armored Warfare when it seems AW isn't going to shape out to be better than WoT in any meaningful way beyond the fact that AW is a CryEngine game...

It's even worse that none of the money I spent on PC WoT will carry over to XBox WoT. Compound this all with the fact that I've already dropped $70USD for a few goodies in AW and access to closed beta(which I've been playing, when it's up, since the first phase of it; third phase CBT just shut down on the 26th, fourth is being prepared as I type), and I'm not looking so good in my choices of Free-To-Play games.

Don't bother trying to get me into Team Fortress 2, I know it's F2P now, it's just too off the wall for my tastes. Besides, I'd probably be the jackwagon that runs around with unmodified default guns and never bothers changing them no matter how many new drops or achievement weapons I get, then when people complain that I'm using generic unmodified defaults, I'll just laugh in their faces.
You could always try War Thunder...if you like powersliding your tanks through garden walls.

An Ceannaire

Mar 5, 2012
Only F2P game I actually enjoy. That said, anything beyond Tier VI is an absolute grind and isn't all that fun to play. Tier IV-VI are the most fun for me.

Hopefully the cross-generational play will re-invigorate the playerbase, which on the European servers at least was becoming dominated by Russians who seemed to play nothing else.

RJ 17

The Sound of Silence
Nov 27, 2011
Here's what I remember from my time playing World of Tanks:

"It bounced right off them, sir."
"It didn't punch through!"
"We didn't even scratch them."

So yeah, fuck all that noise. The game told me that when my target goes red there's a 100% chance to deal damage...the game lies...IT LIIIIIES!

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
RJ 17 said:
The game told me that when my target goes red there's a 100% chance to deal damage...the game lies...IT LIIIIIES!
When on earth did it tell you that? It's been a while since I played WoT I admit but I don't remember seeing anything like that. Closest thing I remember is that when your target is outlined it means a 100% chance to hit, but that's it.

The Lunatic

Princess
Jun 3, 2010
RJ 17 said:
So yeah, fuck all that noise. The game told me that when my target goes red there's a 100% chance to deal damage...the game lies...IT LIIIIIES!
It's actually the opposite!

Red is a 100% chance to not penetrate.

Orange means that your penetration range overlaps with the armour, and therefore you have a chance of penetration.

And green means your minimum penetration exceeds the armour thickness, and you will penetrate.

However! These ignore the slope of the armour, and thus a sloped plate that appears green, may actually be impervious to your shots.

Hexenwolf

Sep 25, 2008
Charcharo said:
No cross-platform play...
So :(
It seems like I cant murder the Xbox players, so this does not concern me :(
Conrad Zimmerman said:
The new version offers cross-platform play with the Xbox 360 release, allowing players to move freely between consoles without losing their progress, including achievements. Players can also compete with others regardless of console and even voice chat will be compatible across both systems.
??