"World of Warcraft Candidate" Wins Election

Orange Monkey

Mar 16, 2009
Ickorus said:
I, for one, support dickpunching Arthas.

Funny thing is they thought they were giving her negative PR but instead they won her the gamer vote and most other people probably didn't give two shits about it.
I think we are ALL in support of dickpunching Arthas.

Also, your avatar is going to drive me INSANE D:

Judgment90

Sep 4, 2012
If I was her, I would say to the opponent who bashed me for my hobby: "U just got pwned, n00b!!! lol", just to kick him further in the nuts.

SoulSalmon

Sep 27, 2010
Mylinkay Asdara said:
Andy Chalk said:
Something else Lachowicz posted on her page, the morning before voting began:

I don't know if she made it, but a quick google didn't turn it up anywhere else. This is clearly a woman who knows her audience.
She did not make it. It is from http://hyperboleandahalf.blogspot.com/2010/06/this-is-why-ill-never-be-adult.html and became an internet meme thereafter, which she spun very well to the idea of "ALL the things!"

Just to put the information out there (also read that blog, it is hilarious).

I'm really pleased to see her hobby was an asset and the people who attacked her for it got some comeuppance for it.
Pretty sure Andy meant she captioned that specific image, not made the entire meme ;)

Twilight_guy

Sight, Sound, and Mind
Nov 24, 2008
So the stupid attack was stupid and didn't work. Congratulations world, you didn't fail. keep up the adequate and mediocre work.

Skeleon

Nov 2, 2007
I know nothing about her, but the fact that they attacked her for something so stupid puts me squarely on her side immediately. The best part of it is of course that their attempt ended in failure.

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
well she idnt a "wiorld of warcraft candidate" after all she does not represent "world of warcraft" in her political career. the title is misleading as usual, bad escapist bad.

Dandark

Sep 2, 2011
Well this cheers me up, not only am I glad to see the stupid old people advertising fail but she sounds like an awesome senator anyway. I just wish I could have seen the republicans reaction when they found out that there smear campaign got her voters and donations.

Savryc

NAPs, Spooks and Poz. Oh my!
Aug 4, 2011
Strazdas said:
well she idnt a "wiorld of warcraft candidate" after all she does not represent "world of warcraft" in her political career. the title is misleading as usual, bad escapist bad.
It may be misleading if, for example, you have a reading age of five, take everything you read literally and/or you haven't been following the story.

The first is only acceptable if you are five. The second is never acceptable and the third, while acceptable on it's own, isn't an excuse to throw around accusations. Also learn the uses of quotation marks, then we can all forget this silly little mistake.

OT: It's always pleasing to see a shitty smear campaign fall on its arse.

Monsterfurby

Mar 7, 2008
Strazdas said:
Though you could argue that her clientele included especially WoW players and gamers in general - especially thanks to the smear campaign. So in a way, she was the candidate representing WoW and its community (among others) - the "WoW candidate".

Strazdas

Robots will replace your job
May 28, 2011
Monsterfurby said:
Strazdas said:
Though you could argue that her clientele included especially WoW players and gamers in general - especially thanks to the smear campaign. So in a way, she was the candidate representing WoW and its community (among others) - the "WoW candidate".
Well, no. She may have been elected largely by WOW players, but it was not her goal to win to represent the WOW community. Therefore she is not "WOW Candidate" even if WOW community voted mostly for her.

How can you NOT vote for a politician with such a high DEATHS PER SECOND ratio?
Its damage per second.

Alcamonic

Jan 6, 2010
She will be the runner up for the next president election.
The successful campaign will feature memes, lolcats and game related funzies.

Made president, her formal clothes will be those of Princess Leia.

Palademon

Mar 20, 2010
Strazdas said:
How can you NOT vote for a politician with such a high DEATHS PER SECOND ratio?
Its damage per second.
They were refering to the smear campaign that wrongly interpereted her quoted DPS as "deaths per second"

MorganL4

Person
May 1, 2008
So when she runs for US congress will she lobby to have the title of "President" changed to "Warchief"?

That'd be a funny bill... And no more useless than the 30 times they tried to repeal obamacare.

Coreless

Aug 19, 2011
Do people seriously think voters care about who their candidates are or what they do anymore? People vote on party lines plain and simple, this presidential election alone proves that.

It wouldn't even surprise me to hear that if asked about this particular issue normal everyday people in that state would be like "really? I never even heard about it that...I just vote democrat because I don't like republicans" or vice versa.

JSoup

Jun 14, 2012
I'm both amused and sadden by the fact that there is a good chance many of her votes came from people who know nothing about pretty much anything and are simply voting "FOR THE HORDE".

Captcha: It's Super Delicious

Alexias_Sandar

Nov 8, 2010
Ickorus said:
I, for one, support dickpunching Arthas.

Funny thing is they thought they were giving her negative PR but instead they won her the gamer vote and most other people probably didn't give two shits about it.
It's Arthas. His own father would support it. If you know, the murdering twat hadn't killed him and all. Not really anyone likely to argue in favor of NOT doing horrible things to that whiney annoying backstabbing treacherous twit.

Also? Go Maine. :)