World of Warcraft Casting Director Killed in Hit-And-Run

Tom Goldman

Crying on the inside.
Aug 17, 2009
World of Warcraft Casting Director Killed in Hit-And-Run

A longtime videogame industry casting director has been killed in a hit-and-run accident.

In a truly sad state of events, prominent videogame casting director Brigitte Burdine of BBCasting [http://www.bbcasting.com/] has been tragically killed in what appears to be a hit-and-run accident. She was reportedly on her way home from a late-night date on December 29 when she was run over by a dark sedan, and passed away from the injuries sustained.

Burdine, 48, was known for her work on titles such as Mortal Kombat [http://www.amazon.com/World-Warcraft-Wrath-Lich-Expansion-Mac/dp/B000VJTJNE/ref=sr_1_1?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1293718485&sr=1-1] reboot.

Burdine was struck at Culver Boulevard and Pershing Drive in the Playa del Rey area of Los Angeles at 1:45AM and was rushed to the hospital, but her injuries were not survivable. The driver of the car did not stick around. Police are looking for suspects and say the sedan that hit Burdine would have front-end damage. If you happen to have any information about the accident, notify the LAPD.

Source: Kotaku [http://blogs.laweekly.com/informer/2010/12/brigitte_burdine_dies_hit_run.php]

NLS

Norwegian Llama Stylist
Jan 7, 2010
And just 5 minutes ago I read the news about Boney M's death, what is this madness today?

Onyx Oblivion

Borderlands Addict. Again.
Sep 9, 2008
Not a terribly good track record, Killzone and inFamous have some horrid voice work.

Either way, it's always sad when someone is killed in a hit-and-run.

Hopefully they catch this person.

Undead Dragon King

Evil Spacefaring Mantis
Apr 25, 2008
Wow. This is a sobering start to my day.

Requiescat in Pacem, Brigette, and may your killer be brought to justice.

UFriday

Nov 9, 2009
Damn. Always a shame when a life is lost.
But a dark sedan certainly sounds suspicious.
Condolences to her family, and I hope they find the guy or girl who did it.

Megacherv

Kinect Development Sucks...
Sep 24, 2008
NLS said:
And just 5 minutes ago I read the news about Boney M's death, what is this madness today?
Gah! NOO!!!

*ahem* My condolences, hope they catch the guy

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
I didn't care until I read "Killzone 2". I hope the bastard responsible is ripped apart by cop cars.

My condolences to her friends and family.
I'm detecting three kinds of fucked up in this post.

1) Not caring about a person's death until involvement with a specific game is mentioned.

2) Wishing gruesome death upon the person responsible for what is deemed to be an accident.

3) Offering condolences when you don't actually care.

Other than that, all I can say on the news report itself is that fleeing from the scene of an accident is a cowardly act, so I hope the person in question is found and held responsible for his/her actions.

lewism247

Aug 1, 2009
I didn't care until I read "Killzone 2". I hope the bastard responsible is ripped apart by cop cars.

My condolences to her friends and family.

Charming.

OP: It's always sad when something like this happens, especially in an accident like this, always seems to random. Hopefully they can catch the guy.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Do you really think anybody actually cares, save for the people who knew her personally? If so, you're quite... I think naive works here, possibly blissfully oblivious.
Oh, of course I don't. I just don't like the idea of people pretending to care, and turning sympathy into something superficial that you simply offer for the sake of having said something on the subject.