World of Warcraft Casting Director Killed in Hit-And-Run

Moriarty70

Canucklehead
Dec 24, 2008
Undead Dragon King said:
Requiescat in Pacem, Brigette, and may your killer be brought to justice.
Has a certain game trained me to read that as a confession? Only one type of person says that and only after something happens.

Ironic Pirate said:
NLS said:
And just 5 minutes ago I read the news about Boney M's death, what is this madness today?
Without playing it alongside "Night Flight to Venus" it's really only half a song as far as I'm concerened. Even if only for the bridge between the two.

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
If she is behind wrath of the lich king then this is over due.
In all seriousness though what a waste of life, working on games like wrath and Infamous. She could have worked for Epic and helped develop Gears 3 :<

Rigs83

Elite Member
Feb 10, 2009
Here's a link [http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/lanow/2010/12/brigitte-burdine-hit-and-run-playa-del-rey.html] to the LA Times article with contact info for tips.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
It's weird that the only picture of her they found suitable to use was the one of her sitting next to a giant waffle.

LawlessSquirrel

Jun 9, 2010
Well that's sad news. Although I didn't know of her by name, it's always unfortunate to hear about someone's untimely death.

Whoever hit her should turn themselves in. As far as I'm concerned, even if it was an accident, fleeing the scene is a terrible thing to do. And selfish, I might add. It only causes more problems, and is a disgraceful way to react when you've wounded or even killed somebody.

My condolences to her family; that's not something anyone should have to go through.

JourneyThroughHell

Sep 21, 2009
Onyx Oblivion said:
Not a terribly good track record, Killzone and inFamous have some horrid voice work.
Killzone features some excellent voice work as well as some terrible voice work, so I wouldn't be that categorical.

OT: My condolences, obviously. Not much more I can say, except that the person responsible should and probably will be found.

The Last Nomad

Lost in Ethiopia
Oct 28, 2009
I was gonna post something like "Ha I bet it was an angry WOW player trying to get back at the creators for deleting his account". But after reading this, I realise how stupid that is...
I thought Killzone 2 and infamous had some pretty good voice actors though so this is a shame from a gaming point of view. But its a shame anyway you look at it. I just hope it was an accident and I am totally wrong about the crazed WOW player.

Adecristo

May 20, 2010
Oh god, this is just so awful, no matter if it was an accident or not.
I know that many people will just say "hundreds of people die everyday", but this doesn't change the fact that almost every death is a tragedy, including this one.

I just hope the killer will be caught.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Senaro said:
It's weird that the only picture of her they found suitable to use was the one of her sitting next to a giant waffle.
How is that NOT suitable for anything? When I die, my eulogy will be read by a giant waffle.

This is unfortunate, though I haven't played Infamous or Killzone (and am not really interested in the games) I love some of the choices in Lich King, and there was a LOT more voice acting than in the previous two games.

As to the people saying this or that about a person's death not mattering, sure, it might not always matter personally, but A: It's more often than not a bit callous of you to point it out, no matter what your motives, and B: It's here at all because she was part of the video game community, and it was just unfortunate. Maybe she's not a household name, but she played a part, and it IS news after all.

redisforever

Oct 5, 2009
We have to stop looking at drunk driving as a minor offense, and see it as a potentially major problem ready to occur. How many peopole need to die before something actually happens, and there are more severe punishments for drinking and driving.

Senaro

Jan 5, 2008
coldfrog said:
Senaro said:
How is that NOT suitable for anything? When I die, my eulogy will be read by a giant waffle.

This is unfortunate, though I haven't played Infamous or Killzone (and am not really interested in the games) I love some of the choices in Lich King, and there was a LOT more voice acting than in the previous two games.

As to the people saying this or that about a person's death not mattering, sure, it might not always matter personally, but A: It's more often than not a bit callous of you to point it out, no matter what your motives, and B: It's here at all because she was part of the video game community, and it was just unfortunate. Maybe she's not a household name, but she played a part, and it IS news after all.
Indeed, it's always sad to hear of people getting killed in accidents like this. I wasn't trying to detract from that in any way. Death is never a fun thing, but with so much of it, we have to cope however we can.

stonethered

Mar 3, 2009
Always a sad day when someone in the industry passes, especially in circumstances like this.

Well, I hope her date went well at least. I'd hate for her to have died dissapointed.