World of Warcraft Casting Director Killed in Hit-And-Run

WesternGamer

Jul 6, 2010
Onyx Oblivion said:
Not a terribly good track record, Killzone and inFamous have some horrid voice work.

Either way, it's always sad when someone is killed in a hit-and-run.

Hopefully they catch this person.
Nice to see that you can put your notorious anti-Western gaming sentiments on hold for a death. Stay classy.

Otherwise, my condolences to the family.

coldfrog

Can you feel around inside?
Dec 22, 2008
Senaro said:
Indeed, it's always sad to hear of people getting killed in accidents like this. I wasn't trying to detract from that in any way. Death is never a fun thing, but with so much of it, we have to cope however we can.
No no, I wasn't actually referring to you in any way (other than being amused by your waffle pointing-outed-ness, which, now that I look at it more, it actually looks like a waffle-themed iPhone). I'm just saying there's a lot of people bringing this stuff up when it's not really necessary at all. I know it's the internet and I can't make people shut up, but sometimes I figure it's worth a shot. Perhaps there's a case where someone might not actually realize it's in bad taste to point out they have no interest in someone's death. It's like if you wrote to a newspaper and said "Can you stop printing the eulogy section? I don't know any of these people." It's not specifically there for you.

This has been my weekly "Fruitless efforts to clean up the Internet" speech, see you next week.

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
Awww poor woman, I wish her family and friends the best. I haven't played Killzone 2 nor InFamous but I did play WoW and in the wrath of the lich king there were some nice acted scenes, so thank you.

Supernova2000 said:
Why could it not have been someone more deserving...like the CEO of Egosoft?
That is a horrid comment.

PS: Whenever someone dies around Christmas I feel twice as bad inside

kouriichi

Sep 5, 2010
You know, its really strange.

When Michel Jackson passed away, i didnt so much as shrug.

And now a Casting Director ive never heard of before dies, and i accually started to shed a tear.

Its always sad when someone in the video game indestry dies. ):

Dimensional Vortex

Nov 14, 2010
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
JediMB said:
I didn't care until I read "Killzone 2". I hope the bastard responsible is ripped apart by cop cars.

My condolences to her friends and family.
I'm detecting three kinds of fucked up in this post.

1) Not caring about a person's death until involvement with a specific game is mentioned.

2) Wishing gruesome death upon the person responsible for what is deemed to be an accident.

3) Offering condolences when you don't actually care.

Other than that, all I can say on the news report itself is that fleeing from the scene of an accident is a cowardly act, so I hope the person in question is found and held responsible for his/her actions.
If I don't personally know the person or if they haven't worked on something I've enjoyed (in this case Killzone 2), I don't care.

They say accident, I say dumb ************ got drunk or something and herp-derped that he could drive home, or there was something else going on.

Do you really think anybody actually cares, save for the people who knew her personally? If so, you're quite... I think naive works here, possibly blissfully oblivious.
Am I a bad person for laughing when you said "herp-derped" because I seriously laughed.

Back to the point: I cared because I think it is terrible when anyone dies, especially when they were recently with their boyfriend at this time of year, a time when everyone is meant to be happy. Also as the news report says she was highly talented at her career, a career predominantly controlled by males. I didn't feel as bad as her family and friends when she died, but I felt bad enough to think how sad it was. The fact that she was in the gaming industry didn't change how I felt or cared one bit, unlike you (if you were serious) who could only start caring because she was responsible for part of a game that you enjoyed.

I don't have much else to say right now, have a merry Christmas.

mattaui

Oct 16, 2008
Always a shame to lose someone in the industry, and considering how much time I spent with Lich King, her obituary caught my attention.

As I had expected, there are some frightfully emotionally bankrupt responses here, though the Internet is a great place for people to show how devoid of empathy and compassion one is. You can care about the death of anyone, it doesn't make you a weak person or overly sentimental, nor are you some sort of hypocrite for not constantly worrying about the death of all people.

Also, as I've seen several people say this, a hit and run is not an accident. Hitting someone with your car can be an accident. Hitting them with your car and then driving off without stopping to render aid is an intentional act, and killing them in the process is manslaughter.

drbarno

Nov 18, 2009
It's always sad to hear about death (Especially as the issue of it seems to crop up everywhere, my local paper seems to be obessing over a dead kidnapped woman recently)

I hope the person who hit her is caught, so they can at least be brought to justice and pay for what they did, accident or not.

JUMBO PALACE

Elite Member
Legacy
Jun 17, 2009
Country
USA
Do you really think anybody actually cares, save for the people who knew her personally? If so, you're quite... I think naive works here, possibly blissfully oblivious.
I'd rather be naive and oblivious than jaded, cynical, insensitive.

Anyhoo, I hope they catch the guy, I just hate hearing this kind of stuff. Did she leave any kids behind?

Therumancer

Citation Needed
Nov 28, 2007
JediMB said:
I didn't care until I read "Killzone 2". I hope the bastard responsible is ripped apart by cop cars.

My condolences to her friends and family.
I'm detecting three kinds of fucked up in this post.

1) Not caring about a person's death until involvement with a specific game is mentioned.

2) Wishing gruesome death upon the person responsible for what is deemed to be an accident.

3) Offering condolences when you don't actually care.

Other than that, all I can say on the news report itself is that fleeing from the scene of an accident is a cowardly act, so I hope the person in question is found and held responsible for his/her actions.
Well, reports like this always say something is an accident until proven otherwise. The fact that it's a hit and run is what inspires a lot of the anger I believe. Not to mention that it does sound like the kind of case where it might have been intentional, but until they find out who it was (if they ever do) we'll never know. The way the police play the game they oftentimes lie and hold back information as well, if they were to say they suspected it was murder (if they did) it's going to make a perpetrator a lot more wary and more difficult to catch for example. The odds are that it's nothing that dramatic of course, but I'm sure a lot of people are entertaining the possibility. Gaming is a big business, and she's involved with actors who can be an egotistical bunch, and have perpetuated a lot of crimes due to not being selected by people like casting directors.

As far as not caring until specific games are mentioned, understand that this is newsworthy to this community because she was involved in gaming. Any person dying is sad, but it doesn't invoke that much feeling unless it's someone you knew, at least through their work. Her association with a game you played is what makes a lot of that connection, especially if you liked it. Sort of like how people more upset when an Actor who did movies they liked dies, even if they didn't know them personally, than say when some random homeless person falls asleep on a train track while drunk and dies. Nobody thinks it's a good thing, but the former is a bit more personal. Of course it's most personal when it's someone you personally know or are related to.

Offering condolences is polite, and matter more to the people who are still alive. Even if you don't care about the person who died, it's hard to not care about the people that were left behind, especially if you have ever been in that position yourself and can relate to what they are feeling even if you are not personally feeling it. It's sort of like how you attend a funeral for the people who are alive, not nessicarly for the people who are dead.

Phoenix09215

Dec 24, 2008
Pirate Kitty said:
OT: People die every day. I see no reason to make special note of this individual.
Yeah, why should we make a big deal about a gaming developers death on a GAMING forum right? Thats just silly!

OT: Its always sad to see someone die like this. I just hope they catch whoever did it and send him to jail because I'm gonna guess its their fault if they didn't hang around afterwards...

Mar 9, 2010
HG131 said:
I think someone should hit-and-run the killer. But don't kill him. Grab him and torture him. Killing a person, unless they REALLY deserved it (which this woman did not) is something deserving of pain to levels we can't imagine.
You don't get that right. You aren't any better than the killer right now, possibly even worse.

One more to the tally. It's a sad thing to hear about but there's nothing I can do. I won't offer my sympathy because if it were me in this case I'd hate me for it and because the likelihood of my condolences reaching her family are slim to nil.

I will say I wish it didn't happen, though. She shouldn't have lost her life prematurely[footnote]Assuming there is no fate[/footnote] and I hope that the killer be brought to justice.