World of Warcraft Casting Director Killed in Hit-And-Run

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Therumancer said:
Offering condolences is polite
But it is dishonest if you don't actually sympathize or empathize with the ones left behind by the one who passed, and cheapens the idea of offering condolences for those who actually do care. That's my issue, as I elaborated on in a follow-up post.

Alar

The Stormbringer
Dec 1, 2009
redisforever said:
We have to stop looking at drunk driving as a minor offense, and see it as a potentially major problem ready to occur. How many peopole need to die before something actually happens, and there are more severe punishments for drinking and driving.
I have to agree here. It doesn't take a genius to know that drinking will impair you, and that if there's one thing you shouldn't do while impaired, it's drive.

I have a hard time deciding what would be an adequate punishment, though. I would think a couple of years in jail with their license revoked would be a good start, with bigger punishments coming if they also hit someone (as you'd add manslaughter and whatnot to it).

Eclectic Dreck

Sep 3, 2008
HG131 said:
Pirate Kitty said:
HG131 said:
I think someone should hit-and-run the killer. But don't kill him. Grab him and torture him. Killing a person, unless they REALLY deserved it (which this woman did not) is something deserving of pain to levels we can't imagine.
Hypocritical, much?

So, it's okay to run over a person on purpose and torture them because they accidentally killed someone. But it's not okay to run over someone accidentally and flee.

Amazing logic!

OT: People die every day. I see no reason to make special note of this individual.
Because as we all know, you have a psychic link with the killer and know it was an accident, right?
A few points.

First, if you're going to intentionally murder a specific person, there are generally better tools than a vehicle that would accomplish the task.

Second, most hit and run incidents have been determined to be accidents.

Third, because there is no evidence that indicates malicious intent nor has there been a trial that established guilt or innocence, the duty of the population is a civilized society is to presume the accused party is innocent.

BlueGlowstick

Nov 18, 2010
I'm sorry to hear about her death. I wouldn't wish that upon my enemy (unless they did something bad to me...)

Now I have to keep praying for Dan Rather and Phil Collins. Excuse me *walks away humbly*

Stabby Joe

Jul 30, 2008
Hit and run? Just makes things worse for yourself with a harsher sentence, worse for the family since they have no peace of mind and potentially worse for the victim who could have survived if quicker help was made available by the driver.

Shame... this is defiantly a sad piece of news.

Pendragon9

Apr 26, 2009
Wow. What kinda jackass hit and runs like that?

WHY would you hit someone like that? She didn't deserve it.

Sometimes I hate this world.

Mar 9, 2010
HG131 said:
The Unworthy Gentleman said:
How am I as bad, let alone worse, than him? Was she a murderer? No. He is.
Because you say that whoever they were, whether it was an accident or on purpose, the person should be killed for it. But wait, it doesn't stop there, they should also be tortured for what they did.

The killer may have done something horrifically wrong, but you think that, above all other options, torture and murder are how to solve this and punish the man or woman responsible.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
HG131 said:
Pirate Kitty said:
HG131 said:
I think someone should hit-and-run the killer. But don't kill him. Grab him and torture him. Killing a person, unless they REALLY deserved it (which this woman did not) is something deserving of pain to levels we can't imagine.
Hypocritical, much?

So, it's okay to run over a person on purpose and torture them because they accidentally killed someone. But it's not okay to run over someone accidentally and flee.

Amazing logic!

OT: People die every day. I see no reason to make special note of this individual.
Because as we all know, you have a psychic link with the killer and know it was an accident, right?
Good Lord, whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

Also, if you really think that most hit-and-runs are premeditated or purposeful acts of violence, you need to watch less TV.

Mar 9, 2010
HG131 said:
They have to know they hit something, or they were too drunk to know. They'd still have damage to the vehicle if they were drunk. They should at least turn themselves in under suspicion if drunk and if lucid, they didn't give a damn about the person they mowed down. That kind of person deserves no mercy.
Yes, they have done something wrong, something very wrong. But, they shouldn't be killed because of it. They should be put through the justice system and be punished rightly through that. It may not be perfect but it's damn better than the alternative of simply killing them.

You can't say murder is wrong and then say it should be fixed by murder.

lacktheknack

Je suis joined jewels.
Jan 19, 2009
HG131 said:
lacktheknack said:
HG131 said:
Pirate Kitty said:
HG131 said:
Hypocritical, much?

Amazing logic!

Good Lord, whatever happened to "innocent until proven guilty"?

Also, if you really think that most hit-and-runs are premeditated or purposeful acts of violence, you need to watch less TV.
Look, I was just calling Kitty out on assuming the intentions of the person. I know it was most likely an accident, but that doesn't give them the right to go around and kill people because "Whoops, I didn't mean to!". Is that supposed to make it all better? That they didn't mean to? And don't worry, I'm fine with innocent until proven guilty (even if in most people's minds it's "Guilty if I say so and people are morons for not agreeing with me"). I'm saying find out who killed her and then do this.
So, torture the man who ran over someone, probably by accident?

Play "Amnesia: The Dark Descent", reading EVERY SINGLE WORD of the written stuff, then get back to me.

USSR

Probably your average communist.
Oct 4, 2008
Oh dear.. that's terrible.
I hope her killer serves justice.

I know, not very original.. but that's what I think o:

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
I didn't care until I read "Killzone 2". I hope the bastard responsible is ripped apart by cop cars.

My condolences to her friends and family.
How very sensitive.

This is such a selfish waste of life. I hope that driver gets what's coming to them.