World of Warcraft Casting Director Killed in Hit-And-Run

Xealeon

Feb 9, 2009
Dragunai said:
If she is behind wrath of the lich king then this is over due.
In all seriousness though what a waste of life, working on games like wrath and Infamous. She could have worked for Epic and helped develop Gears 3 :<
If that's how you feel, go back to chainsawing people and screaming insults at the top of your lungs on the XBox because I don't want to hear anything you have to say anymore.

Vanguard_Ex

Mar 19, 2008
Pendragon9 said:
Wow. What kinda jackass hit and runs like that?

WHY would you hit someone like that? She didn't deserve it.

Sometimes I hate this world.
It would more than likely have been an accidental collision, but rather than take responsibility the driver fled and left her for dead. That's usually how it is.

evilartist

Nov 9, 2009
This is terrible! :( I hope the LAPD can take time out of their busy schedule extorting of writing traffic tickets to bust this dipshit.

samsonguy920

Mar 24, 2009
Unfortunately the jackass isn't going to get what he deserves as vehicular homicide never carries the same penalty as if the person was killed with a gun, knife, or lead pipe.
I for one care no matter what projects she had. What is important is she had this job, had dreams and goals and this person took them all away. Who are we to judge a person's worth to the world by what they have contributed?
This is a very sad day.

poiuppx

Nov 17, 2009
OT, my sincere condolences to her friends and family, and to her coworkers in the industry. It's always difficult to lose someone, especially in so senseless a fashion, and I hope the party responsible is found and tried to help bring some measure of closure to them in this time of grief.

But more so over... you'll forgive me if this sounds naive, but what the hell is WRONG with some of you? Saying her death isn't worth mention? That 'she wasted her life' working on those games? That you wish OTHER people had died instead/too? Good gravy, I hope and pray no one who knows her goes on this site. I really do. Or at the very least, that they stay way the hell away from the comment thread. You people really know how to rub lemon juice and salt in the wounds.

Bloodstain

Jun 20, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
HG131 said:
I think someone should hit-and-run the killer. But don't kill him. Grab him and torture him. Killing a person, unless they REALLY deserved it (which this woman did not) is something deserving of pain to levels we can't imagine.
Hypocritical, much?

So, it's okay to run over a person on purpose and torture them because they accidentally killed someone. But it's not okay to run over someone accidentally and flee.

Amazing logic!

OT: People die every day. I see no reason to make special note of this individual.
Captain Kitty, I am once again amazed by your awesomeness.

OT: I hope the killer will face the consequences, just like any killer of any person should.

Canid117

Oct 6, 2009
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
If I don't personally know the person or if they haven't worked on something I've enjoyed (in this case Killzone 2), I don't care.

They say accident, I say dumb ************ got drunk or something and herp-derped that he could drive home, or there was something else going on.

Do you really think anybody actually cares, save for the people who knew her personally? If so, you're quite... I think naive works here, possibly blissfully oblivious.
If they are an actual human being then yes you should be able to care when someone you do not know is killed in a hit and run. Though I do understand your anger at the individual responsible. I had a good friend who was killed in a hit and run last summer and no one was ever arrested for it even though a woman (who we were pretty sure was covering for one of her kids or something) came forward and claimed responsibility. Ever since then hit and runs have held a special place in the rage inducing part of my brain.

Ghengis John

Dec 16, 2007
Judging from the picture she seems to have been a lovely girl, unfortunate news.

An now Chris Metzen is just going to voice every character in wow. I can just see it.

BehattedWanderer

Fell off the Alligator.
Jun 24, 2009
Sad news. May the driver be found, and found liable. Peace unto her and her kin.

...I hope her date went well...

superline51

Nov 18, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
OT: People die every day. I see no reason to make special note of this individual.
They are making special note because it was someone that was somewhat important in the gaming community. Also, a hit-and-run is a very serious crime, especially when it involves a death. When the person gets caught, he/she will spend a very long time in jail, which they rightfully deserve.

BabyRaptor

Dec 17, 2010
I personally think Wrath was the worst thing to ever happen to WoW, but...Damn. I hope they find the person that did this. I'd like to kick the crap out of them for running.

minuialear

Jun 15, 2010
HG131 said:
They have to know they hit something, or they were too drunk to know. They'd still have damage to the vehicle if they were drunk. They should at least turn themselves in under suspicion if drunk and if lucid, they didn't give a damn about the person they mowed down. That kind of person deserves no mercy.
First of all, this was an article posted at 9:30 this morning, about an event that happened 8 hours before. If the person was drunk, (s)he may not have even been awake by the time this article was written, having passed out from all the alcohol they imbibed (and if (s)he was REALLY drunk, even once (s)he woke up, (s)he may have no memory of the night before, may still be incapable of thinking clearly, aka, may be unable to realize (s)he may have run someone over with his/her sedan, etc). It's kinda ridiculous to assume that no matter the state (s)he was in that night, the perpetrator would be in the right mindset to confess 7-8 hours later. Which is NOT an attempt to excuse the hit-and-run, but an attempt to point out reality isn't as black-and-white as you're making it seem. And if you're so quick to accept the over-simplistic "If they didn't confess 8 hours after then they must be pure evil," it reveals a bit about where your priorities are (i.e., not in finding true justice, but in delivering your brand of it).

But even more importantly, let's assume for the sake of discussion that the person who did it is just a horrible person who wasn't even drunk, hit the victim while looking away from the road, and just drove away because (s)he didn't want to go to jail. It makes NO sense to justify inhumane behavior by saying, "This person did something awful, so I'm now entitled to have something even worse done to him/her, because I think I'm now morally superior to him/her." What does it say about you, that you think it's not wrong to suggest torturing a person who may have accidentally killed a person, and that you think you're better than the person you'd be torturing?

spartan1077

Aug 24, 2010
Requiescat in Pace.
Anyways, this is really terrible! But because it's a Black Sedan and that it was someone famous....anyone else suspect a pissed off gamer who didn't like the voice acting? I do.

LogicNProportion

Mar 16, 2009
I didn't care until I read "Killzone 2". I hope the bastard responsible is ripped apart by cop cars.

My condolences to her friends and family.
Same here. Killzone 2's cast was brilliant!

Of course, I care about the death, but as a WoW hater...haters gonna hate. xD

My name is Fiction

Sep 27, 2010
JediMB said:
I didn't care until I read "Killzone 2". I hope the bastard responsible is ripped apart by cop cars.

My condolences to her friends and family.
I'm detecting three kinds of fucked up in this post.

1) Not caring about a person's death until involvement with a specific game is mentioned.

2) Wishing gruesome death upon the person responsible for what is deemed to be an accident.

3) Offering condolences when you don't actually care.

Other than that, all I can say on the news report itself is that fleeing from the scene of an accident is a cowardly act, so I hope the person in question is found and held responsible for his/her actions.
If I don't personally know the person or if they haven't worked on something I've enjoyed (in this case Killzone 2), I don't care.

They say accident, I say dumb ************ got drunk or something and herp-derped that he could drive home, or there was something else going on.

Do you really think anybody actually cares, save for the people who knew her personally? If so, you're quite... I think naive works here, possibly blissfully oblivious.
"Yes and worser things could have been said like....
Wait she was working on the new Mortal Combat Reboot?
FATALITY!
THAT would have been insensitive!"

RIP

Safaia

Sep 24, 2010
I don't care what any of you say it is always, ALWAYS, sad when a person dies needlessly. I don't care if it's my mum or a total stranger; when a life is cut short is always a tragedy. While the effects it has on others might be different that does not change the fact that someone died.

TitanAtlas

Oct 14, 2010
awww fuck no.... why man... she did such great games...

i hate goddam people on the wheels... im a driver myself and ive encountered the most retard people in the world... from old guys that drive slowly has hell, to stupid women driving with a cellphone in one hand and a cigar in the other...... it only makes me want to punch someone!!!!

Sonic Doctor

Time Lord / Whack-A-Newbie!
Jan 9, 2010
Dragunai said:
If she is behind wrath of the lich king then this is over due.
In all seriousness though what a waste of life, working on games like wrath and Infamous. She could have worked for Epic and helped develop Gears 3 :<
jackpipsam said:
alot of crap games, so god was all like "kill her"
Wow, when people say stuff like this it makes me sick. Doesn't matter if it was intentional or meant as a joke, it makes me sick.

My faith in humanity went way down.

----------------------------

And on the discussion about giving condolences meaning nothing when you don't know the person, that in reality the people that do it don't care or feel anything, that is wrong.

I had never heard of Brigitte Burdine before today, but I still felt something when I read about her death. I got that bad sinking feeling that goes from the heart down. It is a tragedy.

I give my condolences to the family. Even if they don't see this thread on here, it doesn't mean it doesn't matter. I do care. I feel sorry for people that don't feel anything when they hear about a tragic loss.