World of Warcraft Casting Director Killed in Hit-And-Run

Caradinist

Nov 19, 2009
Spacefly said:
I was gonna post something like "Ha I bet it was an angry WOW player trying to get back at the creators for deleting his account". But after reading this, I realise how stupid that is...
I thought Killzone 2 and infamous had some pretty good voice actors though so this is a shame from a gaming point of view. But its a shame anyway you look at it. I just hope it was an accident and I am totally wrong about the crazed WOW player.
Yeah that is cosmically dumb for someone to say such a thing. Good thing you didn't!

Siege_TF

May 9, 2010
Having followed 'Shamus Plays WoW: Cataclysm' the only tragety here is the loss of human life, not the loss of a WoW developer; the fewer of those the better...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qfgeM_RAris

WorldCritic

Apr 13, 2009
So here's the best thing to do. Hunt down the killer and introduce him to a few old friends of Burdine. The Lich King, Cole Mcgrath, and Scorpian.

gabe12301

Jun 30, 2010
This is just horrible. I hope the driver rots in jail.My faith in humanity just keeps dropping.

Dorian Cornelius Jasper

Space Robot From Outer Space
Apr 8, 2008
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
Do you really think anybody actually cares, save for the people who knew her personally? If so, you're quite... I think naive works here, possibly blissfully oblivious.
Reasonable enough, but your original comment was still in poor taste.

tehweave

Gaming Wildlife
Apr 5, 2009
I'm so sorry to hear this. I've worked on big projects before, and casting directors are insanely helpful. (They can be insane too, but I think that comes with any job.) Infamous and World of Warcraft were really fun. (The voice acting in both were great.) May she rest in peace.

Booze Zombie

Dec 8, 2007
What's worse than running someone over? Being so scared of being in trouble that your cowardly self doesn't even stop to take responsibility for what you just did.
That's just terrible.

I also feel bad that the only reason I noticed this person's death was because they worked in the field which happens to be my hobby.

Requisite in pace.

Marmooset

Mar 29, 2010
AmericanWarMachine said:
Did she drop any good loot?
Oh, that's just tasteless.

I was gonna ask if it was Deathwing, and if so, was achievement credit handed out?

Krion_Vark

Mar 25, 2010
JediMB said:
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
I didn't care until I read "Killzone 2". I hope the bastard responsible is ripped apart by cop cars.

My condolences to her friends and family.
I'm detecting three kinds of fucked up in this post.

1) Not caring about a person's death until involvement with a specific game is mentioned.

2) Wishing gruesome death upon the person responsible for what is deemed to be an accident.

3) Offering condolences when you don't actually care.

Other than that, all I can say on the news report itself is that fleeing from the scene of an accident is a cowardly act, so I hope the person in question is found and held responsible for his/her actions.
Cowardly or not some people panic and just run when they do something like this.

Random side note: Nice Faiz(555) avatar I hear thats the most Grimdark of the Riders so far.

Detheroth

Oct 23, 2010
Wow.. someone is killed and a flame war starts on the comments page...

I hope the person who did it is found, locked away and never released... it's one thing accidentally hitting someone, but another to flee because of fear of punishment.

Condolences to her friends and family.

esin

Feb 17, 2010
HG131 said:
I think someone should hit-and-run the killer. But don't kill him. Grab him and torture him. Killing a person, unless they REALLY deserved it (which this woman did not) is something deserving of pain to levels we can't imagine.
These kinds always come out of the woodwork in these threads. Those the little cauldrons of bloodlust just frothing for a self-righteous excuse to let their suppressed sadism fly free.

Normalgamer

Dec 21, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
HG131 said:
I think someone should hit-and-run the killer. But don't kill him. Grab him and torture him. Killing a person, unless they REALLY deserved it (which this woman did not) is something deserving of pain to levels we can't imagine.
Hypocritical, much?

So, it's okay to run over a person on purpose and torture them because they accidentally killed someone. But it's not okay to run over someone accidentally and flee.

Amazing logic!

OT: People die every day. I see no reason to make special note of this individual.
The fact he would flee after killing another human being makes him scum, and while torturing him isn't the correct thing to do, he should have a punishment for his filthy behavior.
Even if people die every day, it does not lessen the impact of a death...especially when that person was working on killzone 2 (Kidding).

Kavachi

Sep 18, 2009
My condolences.

EDIT: Guys... where is the respect for the dead? This is about a great person in the gaming industry that died, and everyone is just flaming at eachother.