World of Warcraft Casting Director Killed in Hit-And-Run

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
I didn't care until I read "Killzone 2". I hope the bastard responsible is ripped apart by cop cars.

My condolences to her friends and family.

-.-

Really?!?!
So if this person wasn't involved with KZ2 then it's just meh news but because KZ2 is on the table we treat them like a human being?

Loloflcopter

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
HG131 said:
Taking the life of a killer isn't murder in my books anyways. It's garbage disposal.
I agree. It's annoying when people say 'your lowering yourself to their level' or 'you have to treat them like a human being'. Bullshit I say. They didn't care enough to treat others with decency so why do they deserve the same? Eye for an eye.

Salem_Wolf

Jul 9, 2009
My condolences to her family and truly hope they catch the bastard or ***** responsible for this. Drunk driving is the worst way to go because having the courage to say "no" to driving would have saved this woman's life.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Jewrean said:
Eye for an eye.
...And the whole world goes blind. From an endless chain of justified reprisals.

"An eye for an eye" being a really bad principle isn't exactly news at this point. Supposedly some great religious figure realized that nearly 2000 years ago.

Red-Link

Feb 10, 2010
Unfortunately, it doesn't sound like there's really anything to go on. The cops couldn't even provide a model. Hopefully they catch the guy, because hit and run is always horrid, but I'm afraid the world doesn't really work like CSI.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
Ephraim J. Witchwood said:
I didn't care until I read "Killzone 2". I hope the bastard responsible is ripped apart by cop cars.

My condolences to her friends and family.
Oh man what a ***** who cares about OH WAIT KILLZONE 2 THAT MAKES HER DEATH TRAGIC NOW!

...that's pretty fucking shallow, man. It doesn't matter what work she has done in the past - her death was a truly awful state of events there. Hit and runs are the most unnatural and painful way to die.

Andy of Comix Inc

Apr 2, 2010
HG131 said:
Taking the life of a killer isn't murder in my books anyways. It's garbage disposal.
Who are you, Rorschach? "Men go to prison. <link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45V6db9CKcc>Dogs get put down."

Communist partisan

Jan 24, 2009
I really don't care, I never knew who she were or anything and It's yust one brick less in the wall. But I can understand it's horrible for her family and the guy who killed her really needs a big fat punishment.

Desert Tiger

Apr 25, 2009
Andy of Comix Inc said:
HG131 said:
Who are you, Rorschach? "Men go to prison. <link=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=45V6db9CKcc>Dogs get put down."
"Never disposed of sewage in toilet before. Obvious really."

Harbinger_

Jan 8, 2009
This is certainly a shame. My condolences to her family and friends. I hope those responsible are brought to justice.

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
JediMB said:
Jewrean said:
Eye for an eye.
...And the whole world goes blind. From an endless chain of justified reprisals.

"An eye for an eye" being a really bad principle isn't exactly news at this point. Supposedly some great religious figure realized that nearly 2000 years ago.
No need to go on a retarded moral crusade about it. It's quite simple really. If someone is a baby-mutilating child rapist serial mass murderer then you execute them. Simple. There is simply no way they will be rehabilitated. If there is no chance of rehabilitation then that means there is something seriously wrong with them psychologically. So what do we humans do? We spend thousands, no, millions of tax payers dollars so these psychopaths can stay alive and watch cable TV in prison.

OBVIOUSLY not all prisoners are like this, but many deserve death.

JediMB

Oct 25, 2008
Jewrean said:
JediMB said:
Jewrean said:
Eye for an eye.

No need to go on a retarded moral crusade about it. It's quite simple really. If someone is a baby-mutilating child rapist serial mass murderer then you execute them. Simple. There is simply no way they will be rehabilitated. If there is no chance of rehabilitation then that means there is seriously wrong with them psychologically. So what do we humans do? We spend thousands, no, millions of tax payers dollars so these psychopaths can stay alive and watch cable TV in prison.

Luckily we're not talking about a baby-mutilating child rapist serial mass murderer here.

Not to mention that the problem with capital punishment is that an execution cannot be undone if it turns out later that the sentenced was in reality innocent. That's more common than one would like to think.

Jewrean

Jun 27, 2010
JediMB said:
Jewrean said:
JediMB said:
Jewrean said:
Eye for an eye.

No need to go on a retarded moral crusade about it. It's quite simple really. If someone is a baby-mutilating child rapist serial mass murderer then you execute them. Simple. There is simply no way they will be rehabilitated. If there is no chance of rehabilitation then that means there is seriously wrong with them psychologically. So what do we humans do? We spend thousands, no, millions of tax payers dollars so these psychopaths can stay alive and watch cable TV in prison.

Luckily we're not talking about a baby-mutilating child rapist serial mass murderer here.

Not to mention that the problem with capital punishment is that an execution cannot be undone if it turns out later that the sentenced was in reality innocent. That's more common than one would like to think.
But hypothetically let's say we are talking about this baby-murderer for a second. Are you saying that the death sentence should be abolished world-wide regardless of the crime and that this man remains in prison (possibly with a chance of being freed)?

AngelOfBlueRoses

The Cerulean Prince
Nov 5, 2008
Jewrean said:
JediMB said:
Jewrean said:
JediMB said:
Jewrean said:
Eye for an eye.

But hypothetically let's say we are talking about this baby-murderer for a second. Are you saying that the death sentence should be abolished world-wide regardless of the crime and that this man remains in prison (possibly with a chance of being freed)?
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/29552692/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts/

http://www.deathpenalty.org/article.php?id=42

"The costs come in basically three ways. First, the actual trial is more expensive. It is more expensive because of a lot of factors. One is that the defense gets at least two attorneys and state laws have guidelines on how much experience these attorneys must have - more experienced attorney's get paid more. Another factor for trials are the security - death penalty cases get more security, and another factor is the length of the trial - death penalty cases tend to be longer. Second, the appeals process. People sentenced to death get a huge number of appeals. Each of those appeals require more attorneys - the experienced attorneys. Security remains a factor and that costs a lot to bring death row inmates to Court and ensure they don't escape. Finally, death row is a much more secure setting than general prisons. The inmates are housed individually, costing more and they are usually staffed at higher levels.

So, in other words, the trial costs more, the appeals cost more, and it costs more to house them.

Add to it the fact that most death row inmates wait 9-12 years to be executed, you end up spending lots more to house them."
^-someone who worked 10 years corrections / probation experience ... 2 years working on death row in AZ -- http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090307224849AA5J1he

http://www.fnsa.org/v1n1/dieter1.html

http://law.jrank.org/pages/5002/Capital-Punishment-COSTS-CAPITAL-PUNISHMENT.html

Look around; it's actually more expensive to use capital punishment than it is to keep someone in prison for life. It is not for -you- to decide who lives or who dies. That is not your place, and quite frankly I don't believe even the government has that place. There certainly is no need to go on a very random hyperbole-filled tangent just to argue for 'an eye for an eye.' As most people can tell you "an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

OT: Sad to see that the gaming industry loses someone and sad to see that there's yet another loss of human life caused by an accident. I wonder more about the circumstances and really hope that the person who did this can take responsibility as they should have in the first place.

My condolences to the family and friends.