World of Warcraft Casting Director Killed in Hit-And-Run

soulfire130

Jun 15, 2010
What I find funny about this post is that people here wants the driver dead or tortured without knowing what exactly happened.
Other people are calling him coward for running away and other names when they would probably do the same or just least be very histarical about running someone ove, and then there are people that calling others that give condolences dishonest because they don't really care.

You have to wonder though, if they didn't care, why give condolences if they didn't care?
A person that gives condolences cares a little and its hard to care about someone you don't know.

If you get scared from a tramatic event (say hitting someone with your car) and act before you think carefully then you are just as much a coward and scum as the driver. Also, add hipocracy for good measure.

A person that commits hit-and-run and manslaughter would get at least 20 to 35 year in prison (if i'm added the year up right) if convicted and jail is pretty much torture so people that want him tortured be happy or be quiet.

A person that commits hit-and-run and 1st degree murder with get life in prison to death. So peolpe that want him dead *throws black and red confetty* congratz, he will be put to death or waste away in jail.
Are you happy now?

Now... can we please just have this thread calm down.

Also, how come the death of something (human, animal,etc,) causes people's logic to short-circuit?

VanityGirl

Apr 29, 2009
RIP.

The world's a little darker when a gaming light is snuffed out. I'm very saddened by this news.

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
OT: People die every day. I see no reason to make special note of this individual.
Ugh. I can't stand this view point. Perhaps the reason there is a "special note" being made of "this individual" (which I must say, sounds pretty rude) is because she is involved in the video game industry and this website is about video games. If we were on a swimming website and Michael Phelps died, we'd be having in depth discussions about that.

Considering much of the article is involved in giving the police information into what exactly happened and who did it, I think it's a little morally irresponsible to simply say a slightly more wordy version of "meh".

This lady has been killed. As far as I'm aware, most hit-and-runs are reported in the news paper.

Kortney

Nov 2, 2009
Pirate Kitty said:
Kortney said:
But Michael Phels is hard to replace. There are many thousands of people to do her job.
So there shouldn't be an article detailing the events of her hit and run so people can contact the police and help with the investigation? Like I said, I'm pretty sure the overwhelming majority of all hit-and-runs are reported in the news paper.

In regards to why there is a thread about her here, it's simply because she was involved in the industry this website is involved in.

dancinginfernal

Sep 5, 2009
Poor girl. All that work just to lead to this, and right after Christmas.

Here's to hoping the killer is caught soon.

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
Xealeon said:
Dragunai said:
If she is behind wrath of the lich king then this is over due.
In all seriousness though what a waste of life, working on games like wrath and Infamous. She could have worked for Epic and helped develop Gears 3 :<
If that's how you feel, go back to chainsawing people and screaming insults at the top of your lungs on the XBox because I don't want to hear anything you have to say anymore.
"I don't want to hear anything you have to say anymore."

Im sure that neurotic whiney strangers I have never encountered before now, not wanting to ever speak to me again is something I will lose sleep over in the coming years. I should call a psychiatrist now to help prepare for the coming depression I will surely feel when I lie awake at night thinking about how you, a total stranger I couldnt care less about, doesnt want to read what I write anymore.

Side note, you might sit screaming insults at people online (judging from your exceptionally condescending responce from up there on the "Morale highground"), however if its ok with you I'll stick to speaking in a civilised manner to people and being my usual friendly self =)

Sonic Doctor said:
Wow, when people say stuff like this it makes me sick. Doesn't matter if it was intentional or meant as a joke, it makes me sick.

My faith in humanity went way down.

----------------------------

And on the discussion about giving condolences meaning nothing when you don't know the person, that in reality the people that do it don't care or feel anything, that is wrong.

I had never heard of Brigitte Burdine before today, but I still felt something when I read about her death. I got that bad sinking feeling that goes from the heart down. It is a tragedy.

I give my condolences to the family. Even if they don't see this thread on here, it doesn't mean it doesn't matter. I do care. I feel sorry for people that don't feel anything when they hear about a tragic loss.
Seriously, your faith in humanity has decreased because 2 randomers online made insensitive jokes about someone they have no logical reason to care about?

My advice is cancel your connection to the internet, sell your TV and stay away from newspapers else you will end up slitting your wrist when you read about stuff like children starving to death in 3rd world nations, the state of religious upheavel in africa and the middle east and the sheer nummber of homeless around the world who have to sleep in the ice cold streets.

"I had never heard of Brigitte Burdine before today, but I still felt something when I read about her death. I got that bad sinking feeling that goes from the heart down. It is a tragedy."

Empathy is perfectly acceptable. If I met her family in real life and they brought it up I would say "Yeah its terrible how she died," however Im more likely to win a best actor award ahead of legend Johnny Depp than I am to meet her family and considering its gaming related on a gaming news site you may want to revaluate your attitude toward your fellow gamers considering the subculture isnt known for its soft nature.

Also take into consideration your description of your feelings when you learned of this event, That isnt healthy and you really should see a psych considering that feelings like that over random strangers can only mean that you're either depressed or heading that way (no joke or insult intended)

OT:

Why are people getting so zealous about this?
Scanning over the responces to this thread everyone seems to be up in arms about her passing.
Granted it wasnt cool how she died and the guy should be arrested but seriously you guys need to calm down. People die every day and if you cant cope with this one story then watching the 10 o'clock news is going to send you into a major downer.

Aesir23

Jul 2, 2009
What a horrible way to go, struck down accidentally only for the bloody coward to flee the scene.

I hope they catch the bugger that did this and hold him/her responsible for their actions.

GunstarHero

Mar 19, 2010
Pirate Kitty said:
HG131 said:
I think someone should hit-and-run the killer. But don't kill him. Grab him and torture him. Killing a person, unless they REALLY deserved it (which this woman did not) is something deserving of pain to levels we can't imagine.
Hypocritical, much?

So, it's okay to run over a person on purpose and torture them because they accidentally killed someone. But it's not okay to run over someone accidentally and flee.

Amazing logic!
I hate myself a little for bothering to respond to you.

Accident or no, it's the running off that ends people's sympathy. Accidents happen, but running off? Not taking responsibility? Letting a family suffer not only with loss, but not being able to face the killer, or even give them a chance to move on?

And you're saying it IS ok to run someone over accidentally and flee? Your logic sucks far more, punk.

GunstarHero

Mar 19, 2010
Sorry for the double post, my HTML really isn't what it should be.

Dragunai said:
Xealeon said:
OT:

Scanning over the responces to this thread everyone seems to be up in arms about her passing.
I think it's the nature of it, a young woman, hit and run, just after xmas, who had an active role in something that's important to our (sub?)culture. As gamers, we're not heartless. That's half the argument behind 'games don't promote violence', that we're capable of empathising and not desensitised to violence. However, all the calls of 'burn the driver's family alive!' don't help much.

To me, I think it sucks that she died and that the driver skipped out on even trying to help. For all we know, if they'd stopped, she might have lived. That's what's painful about it.

Dragunai

Feb 5, 2007
GunstarHero said:
Dragunai said:
OT:

I think it's the nature of it, a young woman, hit and run, just after xmas, who had an active role in something that's important to our (sub?)culture. As gamers, we're not heartless. That's half the argument behind 'games don't promote violence', that we're capable of empathising and not desensitised to violence. However, all the calls of 'burn the driver's family alive!' don't help much.

To me, I think it sucks that she died and that the driver skipped out on even trying to help. For all we know, if they'd stopped, she might have lived. That's what's painful about it.
I think you make a strong point about the violence in games and the reality of how it affects us. I still agree that it is a travesty and yes the person who did it probably IS a massive coward or just a scumbag although you will probably find the car was stolen or the guy was on parole or something equally low for someone to leave an innocent human to die after he caused her the injury.

My thought was purely: Why is everyone taking it so personally?

I saw my 1st dead body was I was 6 and still living in South Africa (in person not on tv) and it didn't phase me (no joke) so I cant blame games for my lack of feeling on the topic of death. Its just something I grew up with.

Still it is tragic to think she could have been saved if just one person had been there to help but Im still not going to sit and cry because some person I dont know died. There is respecting the dead and then there is going too far.

Belbe

Oct 12, 2009
Senaro said:
It's weird that the only picture of her they found suitable to use was the one of her sitting next to a giant waffle.
LOL comment made my day.

And well, casting director sure is a dangerous job.

Wildcard5

Jun 27, 2010
Hit and runs are all too frequent...

I hope the person responsible is brought to justice swiftly.

katsabas

Apr 23, 2008
Fuck. Saw an interview of her once about Infamous, me thinks. She stroke me as a fine lass. When I saw the title, I thought it had something to do with an upcoming movie or something. Seeing as she worked for The Lich King, I am pretty sure the perpetrator was a fanboy that got pissed. Either that or a stupid drunk driver.

I can't say I was 'AAAH, she died!' but I didn't go all 'meh, so what?' either. I have a pretty big respect for Sucker Punch and Blizzard and I hope whoever did this gets to see really big steel bars, really soon. You do not have to know someone to feel sorry for his death and send condolences. It is called being human. Just a piece of advice for potential bigots out there. I am truly sorry I had to learn about her like this cause someone that helped to expertly voice Cole McGrath in InFamous, cannot, in any definition of the word, be a bad person.

Oh God, her sister just made a plea to the murder to turn himself in. Kind of a longshot but I really hope it sticks.

Nouw

Mar 18, 2009
Hit and Runs are one of the saddest crimes. You don't even bloody know them and you kill the person!

Very sad news, even though I don't know her she helped make good games.
My condolences

Guido656

Feb 20, 2009
HG131 said:
OT: People die every day. I see no reason to make special note of this individual.
I agree, people do die all the time.

However, I think because it's a gaming wesbite, and she worked in the industry, she has recieved special notice.

I feel for her family and friends, that's got to be hard to deal with.