World of Warcraft Changed for China

stormcaller

Sep 6, 2008
I'm still wondering how they will get Wrath there, what with all the skeletons, corpses, threats of entrail-necklaces and such.

Maybe they will just skip to Cataclysm.

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
hmm well id hate for an undead instance to just be filled with sandbags lol but i actually like the refleshing on the forsaken model, that was something that really bugged me and my undead warrior is that i could never get a proper set of armor that wasnt missing the knees and elbows but thats not exactly game breaking

ill definitely give wow another go when cataclysm comes out though, if just to explore the modified world and fly around and see all the stuff that used to be blocked although i guess itd be fairly different now or whenever its released

Thurmer

Jul 15, 2009
Woem said:
Thank you for using the word "changed" instead of "censored" in the title, it pushes the debate in the right direction. As I've said before it really doesn't have anything to do with censorship. Headshotcatched said it correct that China just doesn't like the imagery of bones. It happened with Magic: The Gathering, it happens with World of Warcraft and it will happen in the future.

true and i had that card lol

Poopie McGhee

Über Sparrow Kicker
Aug 26, 2009
I hate consorship, but this doesn't affect me, so I'll live...

EDIT: what a waste for a 100th post (I contributed NOTHING)

GamingAwesome1

May 22, 2009
*GASP*

China censored something to their liking?

What else is new? China doesn't like bones so the bones go bye-bye. It's not that big of a deal.

Ryuk2

Sep 27, 2009
Oh, god, that's just hilarious.
I did not even notice the bones up to now. Just look at the uncut version. Its a fat troll with weird hair!