World of Warcraft: Legion Expansion Revealed

Fappy

\[T]/
Jan 4, 2010
Country
United States
shrekfan246 said:
Fappy said:
I am going to say there's nothing they could add to bring me back, but... those Feral Druid forms... fucking female belf demon hunters.... dat TBC feel....

Fuck you Blizz! STOP IT! I AIN'T EVER GOING BACK!

DX
Now it makes sense why people compare it to heroin.

You gotta just cut yourself off completely from everything that makes you think about it, man!

On an unrelated note, do you want to guest in an LP of Warcraft II and III? :D
Mayhaps. I don't know if I have ever even seen Warcraft II in person before.

Karadalis

Apr 26, 2011
So.. they give you this weapon, first thing in the expansion... a weapon that you have to level up... that after grinding your ass off you can get about 5 or so skins for it... and you only get 1 per specialization....

So basically because people where bitching about unequal raid weapons last expansion... everyone gets their super powerfull mega weapon right at the beginning making any other weapon naturally obsolete due to the fact that this weapon can be leveled up...

Have fun seeing every single paladin running around carrying ashbringer...

On the other hand blizz then doesnt need to worry about creating and balancing raid weapons anymore i guess.

Also class chapters? Garrisons 2.0 with even less features! Yay! Tol you guys that they would drop garrisons like hot potatoes once WoD was over and that it was a throwaway feature. Revisiting older concepts or keeping them fresh and alive?

PFt nah... this is blizzard we are talking about... they rip off other games concepts (lotro and evercrack this time with the concept of artifact weapons) and call it a day.

But who am i kidding.. ill probably get this expansion too.. play for a month or two.. see that basically nothing has changed, and ditch the game before the final patch of the expansion again.

And the demonhunter "class"? It sounds more like its own race, atleast with the deathknights and monks you could take other races but this seems to be a blood elf / night elf class only

ghalleon0915

Feb 23, 2014
Was chatting with some guildies while watching the livestream, and we were pretty excited at some of the announcements. Personally, I'm excited with more night elf/ druid content, and am curious as to how the whole Xavius thing will play out. I'm guessing it will be like the book Stormrage ( although hopefully a little better fleshed out) and I really hope they go more into the Emerald Dream than what they had in Wrath ( or wait, was it in Cata?). I hope they also show off that demon-prison planet, that's the kind of lore stuff I want to see in WoW.

While we take what Blizz says with a grain of salt, we'll be cautiously optimistic with this one. And Blizzard....if feral druids are getting a spectral form with their Artifact, boomkins better get something too. Or a cherry blossom tree form for resto. Oh, and cut your expac price, $50-60 is prohibitive.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
Didn't really think about it until now, but does "Legion" sound like a stupid expansion name to anyone else?

The Madman

Dec 7, 2007
SlumlordThanatos said:
Good question.

Given how hard she took Vereesa's turning-down of her invitation to join her in the Undercity, it's clear that even though she's undead, she still cares deeply about her living sisters. I imagine she'll be terrified of how Alleria will react to her being Queen of the Forsaken.

I'm also curious to see how Turalyon and Alleria will react to the 10+ years of events on Azeroth that they missed. The Third War and the Scourge, the Blood Elves joining the Horde, the Cataclysm, and so on.
Sylvanas is lonely and increasingly insane, not compassionate. In the book in which she interacts with Vereesa, her ultimate goal was to kill her sister and bring Vereesa back as Forsaken so that they'd be together forever and ever and ever, despite Sylvanas constant complaints about her 'torment' and how she hunted Arthas to the ends of Azeroth to pay him back for damning her to such an existence.

She's a hypocritical nutjob, and if I still had any faith in Blizzards ability to tell a story in WOW, I'd say maybe she's due for either some serious character development or to be put down.

However I think Blizzard don't particularly care about Warcrafts story anymore so who knows what will happen? Alleria and Turalyon will probably be neutral, Jaina will probably die since Dalaran is for some reason neutral again despite everything that took place in Mists of Pandaria, and who knows what the story is going to be for why Illidan is somehow back again.

Gah, I wish I could be optimistic, I really do, but Warlords of Draenor really left a sour taste in my mouth. It's almost depressing.

wizzy555

Oct 14, 2010
While I don't have time to play wow anymore. I would say lorewise this expansion is right up my alley.

It may be a bit cheap to bring illidan back. But I'll forgive that for the burning legion lore.

llubtoille

Apr 12, 2010
tf2godz said:
SlumlordThanatos said:
Mr.Mattress said:
Does this mean Illadin Stormrage is still alive? I thought he died in the Burning Crusade?

I always assumed the Burning Legion was going to be mad about the Iron Horde's betrayal, but considering the Iron Horde was hijacked by the Burning Legion anyways, I'm surprised the Burning Legion is just coming back on it's own. I don't remember the timeline anymore, but I know that a Burning Legion invasion was stopped at the end of the Burning Crusade (You defeat Kael'thas again and stop Kil'Jaedan from coming through the portal), so I assume that WoW:Legion would only be 1 or 2 years later from that. I think the Burning Legion would have waited just a little more for a full-on invasion. I mean, they waited hundreds of years between the Defeat at Mount Hyjal to the rise of the Scourge. I thought they'd wait that long as well.
You should know by now that major villains don't just stay dead. Illidan should be dead...we DID kill him. But we killed Kael'thas too, and he came back.

As for your second point, I imagine that the Burning Legion is getting tired of the pathetic little world of Azeroth constantly killing their leaders and thwarting their plans. They've tried being patient, and failed. So they're tossing subtlety aside and going for brute force.
One thing I can give wow lore is when a character dies they usually stay dead. the only reason Kael'thas came back is well his a necromancer, however Illidan coming back is not that surprising since a lot of the blizzard staff really felt they didn't give him is due when they originally kill them off.
Also he is part demon, and blizzards recent retcon of demons is that they basically don't die, they just go back to the twisting nether, so perhaps that's part of their 'out'.

Gordon_4_v1legacy

Aug 22, 2010
Aeshi said:
Didn't really think about it until now, but does "Legion" sound like a stupid expansion name to anyone else?
They probably should have called it 'The Burning Legion'.

As one of the hopeless mutants who enjoyed Warlords of Draenor, I am looking forward to this greatly. I like what I've seen so far, but I'll admit I still miss the old talent system and the myriad of spells I had.

Also, where's news on Overwatch damn you!

Foehunter82

Jun 25, 2014
Too little, too late for the Demon Hunter class. I was interested in playing one years ago, back when they made a big deal about "Hero Classes" being added into the game. At this point, I just can't muster enough interest in World of Warcraft to go back to it.

Rattja

Dec 4, 2012
The thing that keeps bothering me with all these are that for every new expansion they release, they make all previous content obsolete and irrelevant.
Sure most of it is still there, but there is hardly any point in going into it, and most of it you hardly get to enjoy before you far out level it.
What you end up with is a game where you basically only have the content between 100-110.

It's like, if someone new were to start WoW right now, what would they experience? Rush past everything, get to the latest content because everything else does not matter. Sure they could try to take it slow and explore, but they would out level the zone they are questing in before they are done with 1/3 of the quests there. They basically have no choice.
Once there, do what content there is, over and over again.

Seems like a strange way to design a game to me.

Aeshi

Dec 22, 2009
And yet, it seems to me that most of the people who complain about that were the same people who hated Cataclysm. They seem to want to have a reason to go back to the older content without said older content being modified in any way.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
Cowabungaa said:
It didn't help that the story in the hand changed absolutely nothing on Azeroth, the status quo was completely preserved. Something with pocket dimensions or something, it was all very silly but it boiled down to the fact that everything that happened in Warlords of Draenor was purely contained on Draenor. And that, indeed, made it feel meh.

I suppose Legion at least has that going for it; at least it's on good ol' Azeroth again.

Yeah... when you destroyed the gate in the opening fucking portion of the game (I mean... sure, you were trapped... but you ended the invasion... oh wait, we can create portals to your own time/dimension/whateverthefuck so we aren't even trapped here anymore) then pretty much crushed the iron horde on your way to level 100... it's like... "Why am I doing this?"

I'm still trying to figure out how Guuldan got to our time thing to release Illidan... but at the same time... I just don't care.

Scow2

Aug 3, 2009
Mr.Mattress said:
As for the "Childish" Bickering; Politics is hard and complicated. Several real life nations are still bickering at each other even when confronted with a threat like ISIS. Considering these people are completely different species, some of them alien to the planet, and some of them more aligned to be aggressive, it's no wonder they still hate each other. It's, in fact, surprising how well they got along until Garrosh took over.
That's because ISIS is not a real threat to anything except a few 3rd world countries that, if it seriously gets out of hand/influential enough to be a target, can easily be put down.

Charli

Nov 23, 2008
SlumlordThanatos said:
*sigh* Damn it.

I never thought I would see the Demon Hunter class, since I figured that was rolled into Warlocks. Guess I was wrong.

I don't want to go back. I really don't. But at the same time...every expansion does something to draw me back.
They're letting me wield Ashbringer. They clearly trust me far too much not to abuse my power in spectacular ways.

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Draconalis said:
Cowabungaa said:
It didn't help that the story in the hand changed absolutely nothing on Azeroth, the status quo was completely preserved. Something with pocket dimensions or something, it was all very silly but it boiled down to the fact that everything that happened in Warlords of Draenor was purely contained on Draenor. And that, indeed, made it feel meh.

I suppose Legion at least has that going for it; at least it's on good ol' Azeroth again.

Yeah... when you destroyed the gate in the opening fucking portion of the game (I mean... sure, you were trapped... but you ended the invasion... oh wait, we can create portals to your own time/dimension/whateverthefuck so we aren't even trapped here anymore) then pretty much crushed the iron horde on your way to level 100... it's like... "Why am I doing this?"

I'm still trying to figure out how Guuldan got to our time thing to release Illidan... but at the same time... I just don't care.
At the end of the Archimonde fight a cinematic plays showing him falling on all fours and just as he's about to die (or whatever it is that demons do) he tells Guldan (who is standing by) that he still owes the legion a debt and blasts him into a portal and vanishes. Blizz devs have already confirmed that it was Archimonde who sent him to our Azeroth.

Draconalis

Elite Member
Sep 11, 2008
DugMachine said:
At the end of the Archimonde fight a cinematic plays showing him falling on all fours and just as he's about to die (or whatever it is that demons do) he tells Guldan (who is standing by) that he still owes the legion a debt and blasts him into a portal and vanishes. Blizz devs have already confirmed that it was Archimonde who sent him to our Azeroth.
Alright... but that begs the question... why the hell does alternate timeline Archimonde give a damn that he could potentially help a Sargares that isn't "his" Sargares. In his own time line, he's still defeated and now he's lost a valuable pawn to make something happen.

It's like... I'm living a shitty life... and I'm a selfish person (because demons) but I have the chance to make an alternate me I've never seen, and will never meet have a better life. That does nothing for me, so why would I do it?

DugMachine

Apr 5, 2010
Draconalis said:
DugMachine said:
Alright... but that begs the question... why the hell does alternate timeline Archimonde give a damn that he could potentially help a Sargares that isn't "his" Sargares. In his own time line, he's still defeated and now he's lost a valuable pawn to make something happen.

It's like... I'm living a shitty life... and I'm a selfish person (because demons) but I have the chance to make an alternate me I've never seen, and will never meet have a better life. That does nothing for me, so why would I do it?
IIRC Blizz said that demons transcend all realities and are technically infinite. Like there's an infinite number of sargeras but only one... if that makes sense. Really not sure the whole story is a mess tbqh lol